Home
News Post

We have just posted some Madden NFL 07 screenshots.
"With the exclusive video game license of the NFL and PLAYERS INC, Madden NFL 07 continues to be the #1 football franchise in history. In its 17th installment, you control the running game like never before. For the first time ever, step up as the lead blocker to create a hole, and then take control of the tailback and smash through, overpower, or slash away from would-be tacklers as you fight for every yard. Innovative rushing controls give you a game-breaking ground attack featuring all-new jukes, cutbacks, and the distinct running styles of your favorite backs. Between the tackles or in the open field, run to daylight with Madden NFL 07."

Member Comments
# 1 NBASLAM2001 @ 10/21/06 11:34 AM
Are you sure these are for Wii?

# 2 Steve_OS @ 10/21/06 12:05 PM
These were downloaded from the EA info website, under the Wii section.

# 3 Altimus @ 10/22/06 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro
That's ps3 or xbox 360, Wii graphics aren't that good.
Your right. I've seen Madden clips on the Wii and it looks just like the PC version. Maybe a little better.

# 4 TJdaSportsGuy @ 10/22/06 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLX
can you give me the Link of the source please?
Most likely, he cannot. I'm pretty sure he got them from the media website, which you wouldn't have access to.

# 5 TJdaSportsGuy @ 10/22/06 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLX
It doesn't matter just give me the link (IF he can...)
Here...I'll do it for you. http://info.ea.com/products/title.php?id=665

I think you can actually get your own login info...so that part has changed from the past.

# 6 Badgun @ 10/23/06 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro
That's ps3 or xbox 360, Wii graphics aren't that good.
Yeah, my Gamestop manager just played it a few weeks ago at their manager's conference and he said that it looked exactly like the current gen versions of the game. Basically, the Wii hardware is Gamecube hardware and it is certainly no powerful enough to render 360 like visuals.

# 7 ExtremeGamer @ 10/23/06 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Yeah, my Gamestop manager just played it a few weeks ago at their manager's conference and he said that it looked exactly like the current gen versions of the game. Basically, the Wii hardware is Gamecube hardware and it is certainly no powerful enough to render 360 like visuals.
It's more powerful than the Cube.

Nintendo never said they were competing with the PS3 or 360 in terms of visuals.

# 8 Vince @ 10/23/06 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer

Nintendo never said they were competing with the PS3 or 360 in terms of visuals.
Visuals are overrated anyway.

I still can't wait for this system and game.

# 9 Steve_OS @ 10/23/06 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLX

You can actually download these screenshots in ps2,psp,xbox360,etc,. Section ... So what you guys think?, they are from wii or X360 (obiously they are from x360´s version), and why you put this notice like this omg...

If you create an account at ea info, you can d'load Wii screenshots. The screenshots posted here are what EA has posted at that site. I've inquired to see if it is an error, but haven't heard back. If they arent' Wii screenshots, they've been up on that page, for quite some time and it's an error on EA's part.

# 10 Steve_OS @ 10/23/06 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLX
WELL, if you know that this is an error, way you put this notice
That statement makes absolutely no sense. What are you trying to say?

# 11 Badgun @ 10/23/06 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer

Yes, we are all aware that Nintendo is not competing with Sony or Microsoft, but I read an article recently where Myiamoto or whatever the head Nintendo guy's name is said that the Wii was nothing more than a Gamecube with a cool controller and networking capabilities. Based on the screenshots of the games I have seen, I tend to believe that.

Maybe it does have more power than the Gamecube, but if it does, they are certainly not using it with their launch titles.

I was merely pointing out that the screenshots in question are probably not Wii screenshots since everyone that I know that's seen Madden in person says that it looks exactly like the Xbox and PS2 version.

Edit: Here's a link to the article that I was talking about:

http://uk.gizmodo.com/2006/10/05/miy..._is_basic.html

# 12 sjla2kology101 @ 10/26/06 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Yes, we are all aware that Nintendo is not competing with Sony or Microsoft, but I read an article recently where Myiamoto or whatever the head Nintendo guy's name is said that the Wii was nothing more than a Gamecube with a cool controller and networking capabilities. Based on the screenshots of the games I have seen, I tend to believe that.

Maybe it does have more power than the Gamecube, but if it does, they are certainly not using it with their launch titles.

I was merely pointing out that the screenshots in question are probably not Wii screenshots since everyone that I know that's seen Madden in person says that it looks exactly like the Xbox and PS2 version.

Edit: Here's a link to the article that I was talking about:

http://uk.gizmodo.com/2006/10/05/miy..._is_basic.html
LOL,

"IGN Wii: Let's talk about graphics. Right or wrong, Madden for Wii is undoubtedly going to be compared to the GameCube build. Meanwhile, we've been playing a lot of the 360 version. In terms of visuals, where does the Wii incarnation fit in?
Jason Armenise: We get the graphics question all the time. Every time we talk about the game we get the graphics question. A lot of people - even passionate Nintendo fans - are kind of dismissing the graphics, saying, "We know it's going to be third, yadda, yadda, yadda." We didn't take that attitude. Right from the beginning, we said, "You know what? We need to make this game look better than Xbox at the very minimum. And if possible, we need to challenge the Xbox 360 version." That was our goal from the first day.

So we've done a whole host of things that put the game far in advance of the GameCube and we think better than the Xbox. And in some cases, we're challenging the Xbox 360 on graphics. First of all, the game is HD compliant. You can play 480p and 16:9 widescreen. That means everybody who has a HDTV can play the game with their component outputs and play in 480p and 16:9 widescreen while running at 60 frames per second, which is awesome. Additionally we've upped the texture quality on players. Textures are a higher quality. In many cases, they are higher than the Xbox version. We've added a whole host of features like depth of field. We've added a feature we call cinematic lens effect, which is like when you look through an actual television camera and straight lines get a little bit bowed in real life. We've increased the shadows. The shadows are better. We have something called contact shadows so that if two players get close to each other you'll see the shadow of one bleed onto the shadow of another. We've increased the grass. Our grass looks like it has more depth to it. It looks more lush than GameCube. It's definitely a much better looking game than on GameCube and we think that it really is challenging Xbox 360 in some places."

Im not going to argue graphics because obviously the 360 and PS3 are better but this system is MORE POWERFUL THEN THE GAMECUBE AND XBOX these r just launch games 2nd gen games ALWAYS look better........but, I would be more then happy with Resident evil 4 graphics anyday.....lol

1st post.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.