Home
News Post

We have just posted a new regular feature called TJ's Time Machine. Love it? Hate it? Let us know.
"Welcome to TJ's Time Machine, a new regular feature here at Operation Sports. Join TJ Cutini as he takes you back for a look at classic sports titles spanning the last three decades of gaming history.

TJ's Time Machine

As I sat and watched so many historic milestones being reached this week in baseball, I got a bit nostalgic. I suppose every baseball fan does a little bit of reminiscing whenever a record falls. But my nostalgia wasn’t so much about the baseball I was watching on my television. It was about the baseball I could control on my television so many years ago. I’m talking about one of the greatest baseball games to ever grace any console. I’m talking Baseball Stars."

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 08/10/07 08:42 AM
My favorite sports game as a kid by far. I'd make all kinds of different teams. Using comic book characters, Peanuts characters, friends, etc. I remember you got tons of money for beating the Lovely Ladies, since the stands would be packed (imagine that, a baseball game almost 20 years old with dynamic crowds!). Such an amazing game, and when/if it's released on Wii's VC, I'll be playing it for months all over again. Great article TJ!

# 2 Steve_OS @ 08/10/07 08:46 AM
Yeah, I created the kids from the neighborhood and friends from school. Loved how it kept track of stats. Ahhh...the memories...

# 3 poster @ 08/10/07 08:56 AM
One of the best games of my childhood.

# 4 AJ21476 @ 08/10/07 09:19 AM
Great article. Really brought back some memories. I used to create my friends too. Loved the stat tracking and stuff. Great game.

# 5 boomhauertjs @ 08/10/07 09:26 AM
Love the feature!! Can't wait to see what other games he's gonna do!

My cousin and I would do a fantasy draft of real major league players, then create teams on Baseball Stars with them on it. Good times.

Hoping for this to come out for XBL!! Then I won't have to buy MLB 2k8.

# 6 elvistatexas @ 08/10/07 09:31 AM
also the babe ruth stars they paid the most i wish it would come on xbox live

# 7 homerelmer @ 08/10/07 09:36 AM
I am hoping that someday this will be out on virtual console for the Wii.

I loved playing this game when I was younger. Had the whole neighborhood kids recreated on my team. This game is a classic.

# 8 racerx @ 08/10/07 10:08 AM
Yea TJ's article really brought me back. Me and my friends whould create teams of current MLB all stars at that time like Kevin Mitchell, Will Clark, Tony Gwynn, Ozzie Smith, Roger Clemens and so on......

Great Read!!!

# 9 bighurt71 @ 08/10/07 10:30 AM
This was a college staple of mine (yes, I am old) I think it had a part in 2 of my friends not making it through the quarter at Ohio U (among other evil influences), they would play it all night long.

We also had a Baseball Stars scandal when we discovered that they were playing 2 player games, their custom team VS the Lovely Ladies, the player playing the lovely ladies would just let the custom team trounce them and keep earning money to pump up their team!!

It is funny this article showed up, just two nights ago I was playing Baseball Stars on my PSP via emulation, still a great game!!

# 10 boomhauertjs @ 08/10/07 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
Yea TJ's article really brought me back. Me and my friends whould create teams of current MLB all stars at that time like Kevin Mitchell, Will Clark, Tony Gwynn, Ozzie Smith, Roger Clemens and so on......
Ah, the days when you could customize your rosters. 2k and EA should take notes.

# 11 JohnnytheSkin @ 08/10/07 11:09 AM
Great article and feature!

I loved that game (big surprise!) and made my team with the kids I played ball with in the neighborhood.

# 12 mgoblue @ 08/10/07 11:43 AM
Awesome feature! I remember spending many an hour with this game. I look forward to future editions, lots of classic games to check out.

# 13 EWRMETS @ 08/10/07 11:53 AM
Didn't realize this game was the basis for the engine in the beloved Little League Baseball game.

# 14 nyisles16 @ 08/10/07 12:35 PM
many quality hours spent on that game (imagine, a game where no one cared about sock colors, or helmet designs )... my '86 Mets squad would rule all that dared to play

# 15 Gary Armida @ 08/10/07 12:38 PM
Great job, TJ. That brought back alot of good memories...Way too much time spent with that game.

# 16 DaveDQ @ 08/10/07 01:44 PM
Great article and I like the concept of this new feature.

# 17 Sully @ 08/10/07 02:31 PM
What is a bird? A Wren.
When isn't it? When it is.

For shame...

# 18 bbondsfan25 @ 08/10/07 02:40 PM
My most played game of all time, hands down

# 19 boomhauertjs @ 08/10/07 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
What is a bird? A Wren.
When isn't it? When it is.

For shame...
Nice. That one is up there with Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

# 20 J-Unit40 @ 08/10/07 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
Great article and feature!

I loved that game (big surprise!) and made my team with the kids I played ball with in the neighborhood.
LOL. I did the same thing and had a blast! What a classic.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.