Home
News Post

We have just posted our NASCAR 08 review. Find out what Clay Shaver and Terry Crouch had to say about it.
"There’s a new phenomenon that has cropped up in the past few years in the world of gaming that I like to call the “Next Gen Placeholder.” These NGP’s, as I like to call them, are not a creature that is unique to one system, genre or developer, but seems to have really spread like wildfire since the jump from the days of PS2 and Xbox to the PS3 and 360. While not unique to sports gaming, it really seems to be festering there these days. Now before you head over the Wikipedia to figure out what my newly created terms mean, I’ll define it for those who haven’t solved the riddle on their own. The NGP, in a nutshell, is the first iteration of a long time series when it makes the jump to Next Gen. While not true in all cases, these versions are usually stripped down; bare bones version of what we were just playing 12 months earlier, with graphics often times the only real improvement. They usually come with great pomp and circumstance and promise of “just wait till next year” written all over them. And while EA Sports is not the only developer to use the NGP, they have certainly mastered it."

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.