Home
News Post

We have just posted our College Hoops 2K8 review. Find out what Clay Shaver had to say about it.
"Like their real-life counterparts, college sports video games have the unenviable task of trying to become more than just the “little brother” to the professional version. In both football and basketball, the two sports that consistently release both a pro and college game, the NCAA versions, while often lagging behind in sales numbers, often wind up being the superior product. With the team at 2K Sports releasing a quality NBA title just a few short months back and coming off a 2006 release that brought home the coveted Operation Sports 2006 Basketball Game of the Year, College Hoops 2K8 steps onto the court looking to prove that it’s the game to beat on the Xbox 360."

Member Comments
# 1 Sully @ 12/07/07 10:47 AM
Excellent review, Clay. I pretty much share the same thoughts. While it's a good game, it still left me wanting and expecting more. Unfortunately, College Hoops isn't the only 2k game leaving me with that feeling in 2007.

# 2 Behindshadows @ 12/07/07 10:55 AM
Great review, thats about what it deserves is a 7, glad you were honest, even about the smallest things, including the prehistoric player models..

# 3 Da_Czar @ 12/07/07 11:22 AM
Great Review Clay !!! I do disagree with the score. Excellent point with the reach d and as I said a great review !!!

# 4 MachoMyers @ 12/07/07 11:34 AM
Its funny, I was thinking how I still hadn't bought this versions game (been pretty busy) so went online this morning looking for the OS review of the game. It wasn't there. Low and behold it makes its appearance the same afternoon. Eerie.

# 5 Ghayghay @ 12/07/07 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Great Review Clay !!! I do disagree with the score. Excellent point with the reach d and as I said a great review !!!
Good review

I also do disagree with the score as I believe the amount of feature that were added is phenomenal (create a play, All-time teams, team scouting, ABL, 2K Share, Create a recruit, and the list goes on & on & on)

Gameplay wise, I agree there are some lack (no steal, shooting while moving is absent and fadeways are a bit weird) but overall, to mee it is a reasonable improvement over last year's game.

To me this game was worth a 9.

One thing that I'm very pleased with is to see the progression year by year. I can't wait to see 2k9, 2k10, 2k11. If they consistently improve gameplay and keep adding/ paufining features.. this game will keep me coming back for more.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.