Home
News Post

The EA Forums have posted a Q&A session with Brian Ullrich, Producer of NBA Live 09. Since I can't link to the actual post, I will copy and paste it here.

Quote:
"1.) Are you guys going to fix the jump shots in the next game and make them smoother (like 2k)? it didn’t feel smooth enough and it could still use some work.

This varies a little bit from player to player, but generally I agree with you. We are working on jumpers this year to make them feel smoother and more responsive.

2.) I feel that having a hand in a players face, should have more of an impact on a players' shot. tell me y is it that when I was using the lakers vs the hornets, I had a hand in chris paul's face, and he kept shooting at a very high percentage? then I was using kobe, and I was shooting as if nobody was guarding easily on superstar. I was having fun by just running and gunning. will you guys fix that problem?

There are ton of factors that go into shot success, including player ratings, hot zones, how well guarded a player is, who is defending him, etc. The trick is to get all of these balanced just right and it is something we will be tuning this year to make it more realistic.

3.) Will there be off the ball control?

Yes- I can’t say too much about this yet, but there are some really interesting new features coming around off ball controls that we will tell you about this summer.

4.) I’m tired of seeing shots hitting behind the backboard. are you guys going to at least create more moves slightly behind the backboard so that players can adjust and try some tricky layups or shots in that position?

Yes- I think you will like the changes to shots under and around the basket this year.

5.) Are we finally going to get a deep multi-player dynasty as how 2k has an 8 player association mode? I think it’s about time.

We have been wanting to get to multi-player dynasty for a while now, but unfortunately we won’t be adding it for NBA LIVE 09.

6.) Is there going to be a legends pool in next year’s game so that we can use some of the old players in exhibition and dynasty mode?

I’d like to get to legends but it doesn’t look like we are going to be able to add them this year.

7.) Has the Create A Player limit been raised above 50 players?

Unfortunately, we can’t raise the limit above 50 due to memory restrictions."

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 wbranson1 @ 05/11/08 10:45 PM
i think that nba live 09 should include: more realistic movement when trying to shake a defender, signature shots, fix dunking animations as well, less offensive fouls called. also fix go to moves, also make it harder to steal the ball, its not that easy now but it happens to often, also you shouldnt miss layups as often as you do in nba live 08 and if possible change free throws to six axis control on ps3 to make it a little harder!

flagrant fouls with ejections on the harder fouls

thats about all i can think of for now.

# 22 BiggD @ 05/12/08 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Very excited about this game.

Well that makes 2 of us..

i started playing live 08 again but little fustrating things keep popping up like not being able to hire/fire a head coach... attention to details is really missing in the last few lives.But in saying that, i really hope the take a good step forward this year

# 23 Lynsanity @ 05/13/08 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
Well that makes 2 of us..

i started playing live 08 again but little fustrating things keep popping up like not being able to hire/fire a head coach... attention to details is really missing in the last few lives.But in saying that, i really hope the take a good step forward this year
EA Giveth! EA taketh Away!

There will be many new features, and for each of these features another will exit stage left.

# 24 wbranson1 @ 05/14/08 01:48 AM
i just finished playing a game and noticed a few more things....

its way too easy to drive to the hole.... its basically spin spin and layup or dunk.... and that is probably over used too much online. would be nice to see some new defense feature to prevent that from happening.

was also wondering commentary is on point but who will replace steve kerr his year? i hope he returns again this year. but who knows since he just got a new position

thats all for now... i already mentioned the rest in a earlier post!

# 25 diehartnets @ 06/06/08 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Hey guys, the latest Q & A will be up this week.

Thanks for reading....we encourage all of your questions.
in the current nba rule, if a player flops he gets fined.are they gonna have that in nba live 2009?

# 26 Antwon24 @ 06/17/08 07:10 PM
i wonder if there going to add ppl drinking gatorade an hav a towel when they are on the bench???

# 27 Antwon24 @ 06/17/08 07:13 PM
ARe u guys going to add ppl drinking water or something..an have a towel and wear their suits over their jersey...
plz add that ,that would be soooooooooooooooooooooooo...kewl plz add that 2 nba live 09

# 28 Antwon24 @ 06/17/08 07:14 PM
ARe u guys going to add ppl drinking water or something..an have a towel and wear their suits over their jersey...
when there on da bench..plz add that

# 29 allan042204 @ 06/21/08 01:22 AM
sORRY I HAVE TO USE UPPER CASE LETTER BECAUSE I REALLY WANT TO CALL ATTENTION ON TEAM OF NBA LIVE 2009,,, """ PLS DO INCLUDE JOHN STARKS ON THE 90'S ALL STAR HE IS A GREAT PLAYER AND COOL TO USE VERSUS OTHER SUPERSTAR""" HOPE IM RIGHT AND PLS SOMEBODY SUPPORT ME AND GIVE FEEDBACK ON MY REQUEST,,, MANY THNX

# 30 allan042204 @ 06/21/08 01:25 AM
PLS ADD ON 90'S ALL STAR "JOHN STARKS" PLLLLSSSSSS....

# 31 allan042204 @ 06/21/08 01:26 AM
pls answer me guys if john starks can be included on the 90's all star

# 32 bateman11 @ 06/21/08 01:35 AM
Whats up with the triple posting? lol

Seriously, you guys need to go to ea boards and post over there.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.