Home
News Post

IGN has posted a "Full Drive" video of NCAA Football 09.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ODogg @ 05/15/08 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
thanks, i'm going to go check it out

# 2 countryboy @ 05/15/08 09:01 PM
thanks for the link

# 3 jdr4693 @ 05/15/08 09:02 PM
Are they trying to make me not want to buy this game?????....no thanks EA, I already have NCAA football 07!!!!!!(which looks exactly the same)

# 4 countryboy @ 05/15/08 09:03 PM
anyone notice the play clock? After the play is over its @ 40 seconds and seems to countdown before it falls back to 25 seconds. Its almost as though someone is pressing a button to move it down to 25, but the game clock doesn't reflect the 15 seconds or so of elapsed time.

# 5 countryboy @ 05/15/08 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
Are they trying to make me not want to buy this game?????....
I don't think so.

# 6 Solidice @ 05/15/08 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
anyone notice the play clock? After the play is over its @ 40 seconds and seems to countdown before it falls back to 25 seconds. Its almost as though someone is pressing a button to move it down to 25, but the game clock doesn't reflect the 15 seconds or so of elapsed time.

yea it did that in the gamespot video with Auburn/Illinois game as well. looks like they are going to add the 40 second play clock but its bugged in the build they(IGN/gamespot) have.(hopefully will be fixed by release)

the snow games looks to be playable this year at least, so i won't have to restart the game to not get snow because of the blinding white blanket that was in the other games.

# 7 countryboy @ 05/15/08 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
yea it did that in the gamespot video with Auburn/Illinois game as well. looks like they are going to add the 40 second play clock but its bugged in the build they(IGN/gamespot) have.(hopefully will be fixed by release)

the snow games looks to be playable this year at least, so i won't have to restart the game to not get snow because of the blinding white blanket that was in the other games.
I honestly didn't notice the play clock in the Auburn/Illinois video. And it does seem bugged or something. At first I thought that maybe it was some sort of built in acclerated clock, but the game clock isn't effected, so I really don't know what it is.

And the snow games do look playable, but after last year, they had no choice but to be better.

# 8 ODogg @ 05/15/08 09:19 PM
two things i noticed that i really like

the lighting near the end zone is awesome
the post play continuation is huge IMO, it's so nice that when he scores a TD he doesn't immediately and abruptly stop but instead kinda continues on with his momentum

# 9 Jistic @ 05/15/08 09:22 PM
Wow, I just realized I have the beta for NCAA 09, it's called NCAA 08. Anyone notice the play around 2:56 when the HB is getting tackled and he pitches it to what looks like the TE? Wow....sad.

I did see a cheer leader pyramid however, so hey we got that at least.

And seriously. Seeing every defender shrug their shoulders dramatically in disgust after every completion is just getting old. Nobody even seems aware that they have team mates.

# 10 countryboy @ 05/15/08 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
two things i noticed that i really like

the lighting near the end zone is awesome
the post play continuation is huge IMO, it's so nice that when he scores a TD he doesn't immediately and abruptly stop but instead kinda continues on with his momentum
agreed.

# 11 Solidice @ 05/15/08 09:25 PM
i also noticed that all the players are wearing long sleeves(never notice if it was like that '08, as i always restarted the snow games to avoid them)

# 12 countryboy @ 05/15/08 09:27 PM
Quote:
i also noticed that all the players are wearing long sleeves(never notice if it was like that '08, as i always restarted the snow games to avoid them)
I didn't notice this.

# 13 Solidice @ 05/15/08 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Wow, I just realized I have the beta for NCAA 09, it's called NCAA 08. Anyone notice the play around 2:56 when the HB is getting tackled and he pitches it to what looks like the TE? Wow....sad.

And seriously. Seeing every defender shrug their shoulders dramatically in disgust after every completion is just getting old. Nobody even seems aware that they have team mates.
yeah that was about the only thing i hated in that video. I'm hoping that the user did that on accident(or still learning the controls?), or maybe he wanted his OL to get some yardage? lol

# 14 twisted88 @ 05/15/08 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic

I was wondering if I was seeing things. I couldn't tell if he actually pitched it, or if it was knocked loose. Either way it did look unnatural. I also wonder why in the snow games, there aren't any footprints in the snow. In the Madden vids there in the game, so why not NCAA? I know it's just a tiny detail, but it's strange they would put it in one game and not the other.

# 15 ODogg @ 05/15/08 09:33 PM
Quote:
of course they would, it's a mascot game, everyone is identical in those games

# 16 countryboy @ 05/15/08 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted88
I was wondering if I was seeing things. I couldn't tell if he actually pitched it, or if it was knocked loose. Either way it did look unnatural. I also wonder why in the snow games, there aren't any footprints in the snow. In the Madden vids there in the game, so why not NCAA? I know it's just a tiny detail, but it's strange they would put it in one game and not the other.
Yeah, I am not sure what supposedly happened on that play but it looked wrong no matter what.

And I was about to post the same thing about the no footprints in the snow. And while it may be a tiny detail, its still annoying.

# 17 ODogg @ 05/15/08 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yeah, I am not sure what supposedly happened on that play but it looked wrong no matter what.

And I was about to post the same thing about the no footprints in the snow. And while it may be a tiny detail, its still annoying.
just be happy to have snow that doesn't turn into a big, white pillowtop this year...last year's snow was utter GARBAGE

# 18 GJEM @ 05/15/08 09:42 PM
Ya the snow on the field looks much more realistic since they have every five yards clear, the goal line and the side lines so at least we know where were at.

# 19 twisted88 @ 05/15/08 09:42 PM
Quote:
just be happy to have snow that doesn't turn into a big, white pillowtop this year...last year's snow was utter GARBAGE
Agreed. But I would love to see a game that actually had the weather effect gameplay. In the middle of a snowstorm it would be pretty cool to see receivers or db's try to make cuts and have their feet come out from under them. Unfortunately, until EA scraps this engine that will never happen.

# 20 countryboy @ 05/15/08 09:45 PM
Quote:
true.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.