Home
Skate 2 News Post

No release date, no gameplay footage, no problem. IGN posted the first official Skate 2 trailer from EA's official site and also posted the first known details about the skateboarding sequel. Unsurprisingly the trailer shows no gameplay footage (boy do I hate first-look trailers) and the only details about the fictional world of San Vanelona are that your skater has been AWOL for the last five years and now the city has gone all 1984.

Now I'm all for changing up the game world so new game mechanics can be explored, but I will say, my least favorite parts of the Skate world were the no-skate zones. So hopefully Skate 2 doesn't turn into a game based around that mechanic because Skate was such an amazing game because it gave you freedom to explore the whole city from the start and just be creative.

Game: Skate 2Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Skate 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 aukevin @ 05/20/08 01:14 PM
I read that stuff yesterday and it bummed me out. First off, like you my least favorite spots were the no-skate spots. I usually avoided those spots and missed out on some cool areas like the hospital because of it. The other reason I was bummed was that I was hoping for a new city. San Vanelona was awesome, I just wanted another brand new city. Hopefully there will be enough changes to it over the 5 years. The part of capping the rails is bad news because grinding is my favorite thing to do.

# 2 mgoblue @ 05/20/08 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I read that stuff yesterday and it bummed me out. First off, like you my least favorite spots were the no-skate spots. I usually avoided those spots and missed out on some cool areas like the hospital because of it. The other reason I was bummed was that I was hoping for a new city. San Vanelona was awesome, I just wanted another brand new city. Hopefully there will be enough changes to it over the 5 years. The part of capping the rails is bad news because grinding is my favorite thing to do.
Yeah, it's almost like they're taking the fun out of Skate (a stellar game)...I'll reserve judgement until we see what's actually going to change, but that doesn't sound good...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.