Home
Sega Rally 3 News Post

Arcade Heroes have posted their hands-on impressions of Sega Rally 3.

Quote:
"Car handling still retains the defining characteristics of past Sega Rally titles - it is relatively light and allows for lots of sliding, and grip properties change with the surface that the player is driving on. Half of the challenge is knowing how take take a corner on a particular surface. Importantly, the handling has been tweaked to reduce the harsh learning curve of the console game, with an emphasis being placed on accessibility. That’s not to say that the game has been dumbed down, however - there’s enough depth there for a person to become very skilled, as the testers demonstrated. One particular change made to assist people in understanding the handling is that when using the external view, the camera remains locked behind your car to a much greater extent than in the console game. Unfortunately, as I was used to the external view of the console game, this served to mess me up a bit. I decided after a couple of goes with the chase cam that I’d stick to the in-car view and adjust to the tweaked handling, which is actually still rather similar to the system in Sega Rally Revo."

Game: Sega Rally 3Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: OtherVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Tomba @ 05/27/08 12:38 PM
ummm I'm confused. sega rally revo was awesome... what is this game now?

# 2 CaptainZombie @ 05/27/08 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
For some reason the page doesn't load up when I click on the preview. I wonder what this version of Rally 3 is going to have in it.

# 3 Kruza @ 05/28/08 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321

Sega Rally 3 is a completely different game Sega Rally Revo, but created by the same developer. Unlike SRR, this is the "true" follow-up to the classic Sega Rally 2.

Man, playing SR3 in one of those six linked super-deluxe cabinets mentioned in that preview article had to be awesome experience. I may have to pay a visit to D&B or Sega Gameworks and try it once it's released.

Kruza

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.