Home
News Post

The NCAA Football 09 demo is available. Let us know what you think.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1221 cdk10 @ 06/25/08 03:51 PM
Ok guys, I just had a major glitch in the last game I played. The game went into overtime and I couldn't call a play on def. Also I couldn't use any of the pre-snap assignments. It looked like it was just using the ask Corso feature. Anyway I held them to 4th down and they kicked a FG. When I went on offense it was the same thing. Couldn't call my own play or audible or hot route. Anyone had this happen???

# 1222 RDMercer @ 06/25/08 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
Ok guys, I just had a major glitch in the last game I played. The game went into overtime and I couldn't call a play on def. Also I couldn't use any of the pre-snap assignments. It looked like it was just using the ask Corso feature. Anyway I held them to 4th down and they kicked a FG. When I went on offense it was the same thing. Couldn't call my own play or audible or hot route. Anyone had this happen???

yeah, sorry I posted this in the wrong thread...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...me-glitch.html

# 1223 bad_philanthropy @ 06/25/08 06:05 PM
I tried out the night game by setting my system clock date to December and while it looks good there seems to be no source for the light that is illuminating the field in Ohio Stadium.

The Swamp looks really good though.

# 1224 callmetaternuts @ 06/25/08 06:53 PM
Just finished all 134 pages, and i d/l'ed the demo finally. GOtta say, its promising. Hard to tell alot from it being varsity and 2 min qtrs, but i like the way it handles, i LOVE the"shimmy moves" you can do with agile players. Im gunna d/l the 360 demo tomorrow to compare. Couple questions for either OMT or anyone who has answers.

1) is the ability to branch and break tackles like Madden (where you can stiff arm or spin out of a tackle) in NCAA?

2) Any word on the QB lining up behind center and sliding over to left or right?

3) game speed, is the speed of the demo close to final build?

4) is everyone as pumped as i am?

Im enjoying the demo, although i refuse to play as UF. Glad i dont play as OSU, LSU, UF or Texas or id be sick of them after all the replay the demo is getting! Going back for more, keep the feedback coming (and thanks OMT for the answers)

# 1225 Village Idiot @ 06/25/08 11:12 PM
#2, call, is not an issue in the final, from what I've read.

#4 - absolutely.

Can't help otherwise.

# 1226 Hassan Darkside @ 06/26/08 12:00 AM
I just saw a missed pitch, I dunno if it was a glitch or just an error. I don't think it was an error though. I called a sweep and the QB pitched the ball behind the RB.

# 1227 LincSink @ 06/26/08 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Just finished all 134 pages, and i d/l'ed the demo finally. GOtta say, its promising. Hard to tell alot from it being varsity and 2 min qtrs, but i like the way it handles, i LOVE the"shimmy moves" you can do with agile players. Im gunna d/l the 360 demo tomorrow to compare. Couple questions for either OMT or anyone who has answers.

1) is the ability to branch and break tackles like Madden (where you can stiff arm or spin out of a tackle) in NCAA?
I believe Ian said in the Madden forum that NCAA will not have this "breakaway" feature, only Madden will.

# 1228 Tomba @ 06/26/08 12:57 AM
360 version is again abetter playing better looking game than the ps3 version. on the demo as a whole? the fact that they took out the progressive/dynamic lighting that was so BEAUTIFUL last year for this UGLY pastel type of effect is just aweful. Sorry but why pay for a game that plays a BIT better but looks so much worse than last year? and to top that plays NOT that well on Ps3 for us ps3 chosen users?

kinda dissapionted wheras last year i was THRILLED....

# 1229 DrUrsus @ 06/26/08 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
360 version is again abetter playing better looking game than the ps3 version. on the demo as a whole? the fact that they took out the progressive/dynamic lighting that was so BEAUTIFUL last year for this UGLY pastel type of effect is just aweful. Sorry but why pay for a game that plays a BIT better but looks so much worse than last year? and to top that plays NOT that well on Ps3 for us ps3 chosen users?

kinda dissapionted wheras last year i was THRILLED....
Tomba, you really can't judge the game yet since this is just a demo. Plus its playing at Varsity. Last years game was a disaster in my opinion, and I already like the demo better.

# 1230 DrUrsus @ 06/26/08 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts

2) Any word on the QB lining up behind center and sliding over to left or right?

3) game speed, is the speed of the demo close to final build?

4) is everyone as pumped as i am?

Im enjoying the demo, although i refuse to play as UF. Glad i dont play as OSU, LSU, UF or Texas or id be sick of them after all the replay the demo is getting! Going back for more, keep the feedback coming (and thanks OMT for the answers)
Can those of us without Xbox Live Gold get the demo yet? If not, when can we. I want to compare both demos to decide whether to get the PS3 or 360 versions. If they are close, I will get the PS3 version this year since DKrause is updating rosters on it, and since I am sick of Microsoft. I am on my 3rd 360 for God's sake

# 1231 DrUrsus @ 06/26/08 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
June 26th (tomorrow)
Thanks for the info ODogg. I missed it on my earlier post.

# 1232 babyfat9 @ 06/26/08 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Can those of us without Xbox Live Gold get the demo yet? If not, when can we. I want to compare both demos to decide whether to get the PS3 or 360 versions. If they are close, I will get the PS3 version this year since DKrause is updating rosters on it, and since I am sick of Microsoft. I am on my 3rd 360 for God's sake

I heard it should be up Thursday morning for Silver members...so hopefully it goes through. I've been fortunate enuff to still be on my first Xbox...maybe the first run they had were constructed a little better...and sometimes i play for hours on ends without a problem.

# 1233 Solidice @ 06/26/08 02:20 AM
Quote:
should be available sometime Thursday....err....today.

# 1234 DrUrsus @ 06/26/08 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
The more I play the demo the more I'm liking it. Thats a good sign.
I have been hooked on the PS3 demo (don't have the 360 one yet, hopefully tomorrow for us Silver losers ) I hate the 2 minute quarters however. At least give us 5 minutes!

# 1235 DrUrsus @ 06/26/08 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyred05
Me too, though I am still a bit hesitant on a day 1 purchase.

Definitely a bit rough along the edges but I will chock that up to being an old build for now. Right now the biggest improvement I am seeing is the ability to throw medium passes down the middle of the field without the linebacker covering short picking it off. As a guy who loves using TE's this is a big plus. Also, corners in man coverage do not seem to leave their man as soon as the ball is thrown to someone else.

Forgive me if someone has already posted this as there are way to many posts here to keep track but I did notice that after a touchdown pass to my TE, I told you I like TE's, his face disappeared. The helmet was there but that was it.
I played TE in high school & college. We are faceless in real life too! But, we have it better than Fullbacks at least Now there is a thankless job.

# 1236 DrUrsus @ 06/26/08 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
I heard it should be up Thursday morning for Silver members...so hopefully it goes through. I've been fortunate enuff to still be on my first Xbox...maybe the first run they had were constructed a little better...and sometimes i play for hours on ends without a problem.
Thanks for the info. I have the new chip and HDMI now. It is a far superior machine. It doesn't sound like a jet engine like my other 2 360's and I can no longer make easy bake cakes (like the Easy Bake ovens of the 70's when I was a little kid) in my entertainment center.

So far I haven't had any disc read errors, or any problems at all with this new chip. The HDMI is great too. Maybe I will get it for the 360 afterall, and take my chances

# 1237 DrUrsus @ 06/26/08 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
should be available sometime Thursday....err....today.
Thanks. What time do they usually update things? I only ask because I have to hook up my 360 to ethernet in my Family Room (my 360 is in the living room now hooked up to my newer HDTV) since I don't have the wireless accessory.

# 1238 babyfat9 @ 06/26/08 02:32 AM
Quote:
Thanks. What time do they usually update things? I only ask because I have to hook up my 360 to ethernet in my Family Room (my 360 is in the living room now hooked up to my newer HDTV) since I don't have the wireless accessory.
Normally Midnite but i highly doubt that's gonna happen since it's past midnite and yet nothing.....i'm assuming in the morning sometime around 8 or so.

# 1239 Solidice @ 06/26/08 02:33 AM
Quote:
Thanks. What time do they usually update things?
MS doesn't have a set time really, but the earliest would be around 2 A.M. PST
it should be available by noon i would guess.

# 1240 babyfat9 @ 06/26/08 02:35 AM
They had the Demo up for gold members pretty early on June 19th...i woke up around 8 and it was on there already !!!!! so hopefully they treat Silver members the same .

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.