Home
News Post

The NCAA Football 09 demo is available. Let us know what you think.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1381 brahmagoul @ 07/04/08 06:52 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed, but I've played the demos for both the 360 and PS3. Surprisingly, the graphics are clearer on the 360. I also noticed the PS3 version is in a letterbox, but when I quit out of it, my options to quit the game or shut down the console were displayed much larger than normal. Don't know what's going on there, but I wanted to bring this up. Any thoughts? I thought both systems would be on par this year.

# 1382 HeadShot @ 07/04/08 08:29 PM
Havent gotten a chance to read through everything...but

Slip screens seems to work every single time...I know it will be harder to get these to go for 80 yards against a real person...

I like the nice addition of the slip screen...More realistic.

Wish they would give us 2 more teams to pick from...but I know its a Demo...

Thought the gameplay was very smooth compared to previous years.

# 1383 vanderbiltfan87 @ 07/04/08 11:19 PM
so i work with a guy that loves football and usually just plays madden. this guy is a big tennessee fan but never plays ncaa. of course i nag at him all the time that he should give ncaa a try. (btw this is well before the demo came out and before much info was released about 09) so the demo comes out, and i'm stoked. told him the next at work to download it and see what he thinks. i talked to him a few days later, and he's already played it at least 20 times. he wasn't even going to buy the game and now can't wait for it. he's already working on a recruiting strategy for his offline dynasty with ut. lol. but anyway, i think this shows how much this game has progressed, luring in someone who never plays ncaa.

# 1384 servo75 @ 07/08/08 11:42 PM
First - I definitely notice the 60fps on the PS3. Definitely a good change. The new lighting is awesome too, though playing the demo at "sunset", there is definitely a lot of saturation between the crowd and field.

It seems more difficult to generate offense though. My QB is getting sacked before he can even hand the ball off. There's almost no OL blocking even on varsity.

What's with these new animations in mascot game? Why do some players, instead of juking, do a flip in mid-run? That's very strange.

And the routes on the field are VERY light. Has that been fixed?

# 1385 Niq54 @ 07/09/08 12:30 AM
Guys, I'm so excited about this year's release. Actually, I just came to my mom's house and my mom had my MADDEN 2001 here. I was like damn. That's right Madden 01 the first one for PS2. So I had to immediately play it as soon as I could...terrible! I destroyed the computer on All-Madden with Ryan Leaf. I did however like some the features in the game. I personally believe the roster editing screen and process is probably the best in all versions of madden. It gives you the option to edit one attribute at a time or edit all of them. I think would would be extremely valuable when making large roster re-rates. And I could not believe and didn't remember (my how time flies) but that there was a create/edit a coach feature. I wish they'd make a collector's edition of NCAA where you could see all the improvements over the years...like Madden 05.

Anyway, I'll see people online next Monday night...

# 1386 babyfat9 @ 07/09/08 01:33 AM
One thing I dislike is when a receiver jumps to snatch a high pass...he's way up in the air and the defender can hardly even get off the ground to try and intercept the ball.

# 1387 Solidice @ 07/09/08 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesto
One thing I dislike is when a receiver jumps to snatch a high pass...he's way up in the air and the defender can hardly even get off the ground to try and intercept the ball.
that why i normally just hit the receiver while in the air and make him drop the ball.

# 1388 Old Gold and Blue @ 07/09/08 02:03 AM
I like the demo a lot, although there are a few problems I'm sure that have already been pointed out.

One thing though is for some reason the CPU decided to become completely unstoppable on offense today and I actually lost two games (outta three) even though I won every single time I played before today. (which was a lot of games)

# 1389 servo75 @ 07/09/08 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesto
I have the opposite problem on 08. The defender jumps high in the air to intercept and the receiver just stands there and watches.

# 1390 Mjphillips @ 07/09/08 09:42 AM
Straight up though. I have had more fun with the demo than I have in 3 years of next gen NCAA and Madden. I know the level is easy but they go deep and they pound the ball. I am very pleased. I only play with LSU becasue OSu seems unstoppable at times to me. I just have to beat them. I want to know if I can use the option this year without it being cheap. Last year and even on this demo it seems pretty easy to get to the outside to either keep it or pitch it. What do yall think?

# 1391 callmetaternuts @ 07/09/08 09:45 AM
Im all demo'ed out. I need the retail version. Cant stand to see LSU or OSU ever again.....please........

# 1392 Exonerated @ 07/09/08 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Im all demo'ed out. I need the retail version. Cant stand to see LSU or OSU ever again.....please........
Agreed. Never want to see the Horseshoe again.

They should give us a bigger demo next year!

A week and a bit wait for me =(

# 1393 Mjphillips @ 07/09/08 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Agreed. Never want to see the Horseshoe again.

They should give us a bigger demo next year!

A week and a bit wait for me =(
LOL I feel ya, but you have to admit that it was pretty solid. Well maybe you don't but .......... I can't wait until next Tues. Really hope one of these Targets or somebody is selling it early.

# 1394 Pared @ 07/09/08 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
So we should applaud when a terrible feature gets fixed? I thought that was supposed to happen.

NCAA gets so many free passes(especially compared to Madden), it's ridiculous.
Get outta here with "free passes." It's about actually having the ability to break down the improvements as opposed to saying "it feels like the same game as last year" and showing you have no ability to see anything. I was complimenting the poster and his content.

Some gamers appreciate the "under the hood" improvements. I like seeing those discussed on OS as opposed to the countless other threads by individuals who can't see anything if it's not explained to them.

But yeah, it's not 2k football so I can see why you'd make that comment.

# 1395 Exonerated @ 07/09/08 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
LOL I feel ya, but you have to admit that it was pretty solid. Well maybe you don't but .......... I can't wait until next Tues. Really hope one of these Targets or somebody is selling it early.

lol. I played the demo like almost everyday for like the past month. Needed to get my football fix somehow

hopefully i get the game within a few days of release here in australia

# 1396 Mjphillips @ 07/09/08 10:39 AM
Quote:
lol. I played the demo like almost everyday for like the past month. Needed to get my football fix somehow

hopefully i get the game within a few days of release here in australia
Well i am pulling for ya. I saw a diving catch into the endzone on a pass that I lead my TE to yesterday that I had never seen before so I am truly excited. I probably missed some things since I didnt play the past few year's game to really see all the new animations. Here's to hoping we get it early.

# 1397 Exonerated @ 07/09/08 10:45 AM
The catches this year are really good (judging from the demo).

Usercatching is a treat. And tip intercepts are really cool, they actually react to the tip ball.

And the sideline catch animation triggers nearly every time which is a relief. It was pretty frustrating prior years passing to the sideline because the receiver rarely did the falling, two feet in animation and just caught it outside the field.

# 1398 Mjphillips @ 07/09/08 10:54 AM
Quote:
The catches this year are really good (judging from the demo).

Usercatching is a treat. And tip intercepts are really cool, they actually react to the tip ball.

And the sideline catch animation triggers nearly every time which is a relief. It was pretty frustrating prior years passing to the sideline because the receiver rarely did the falling, two feet in animation and just caught it outside the field.
Yep. I love the user catching on off and def. I feel like I have PS2 control over my players. The past years i felt like I had no control over user catching. You didn't have to have true stick skills IMO on the previous games but now it seems they are giving the control back to the users for Next gen.

# 1399 StormJH1 @ 07/09/08 01:46 PM
Yeah, the two things that really jump out at you are the catch animations and the slimmed down (better looking player models). Both of those are huge additions. I agree with thread that talked about the ball being too big, though, and it's tough to say that they fixed a lot "under the hood" when we're playing a build from April that's still a little clunky.

It's also a tough call because much of the stuff that prevented me from playing for any length of time last year isn't in the demo...such as the ridiculous phone call procedure for recruiting and the piss poor menu structure. For a game where you spend so much of your time managing your team, those are BIG problems, especially if you want people to do the same activities in online leagues!

# 1400 babyfat9 @ 07/09/08 04:37 PM
Another thing that sucks is that we don't have the option of returning Punts and Kickoffs left or right.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.