Home
News Post

Videogamer has posted their hands-on preview of FIFA 09.

Quote:
"David Rutter, producer for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, describes the improvements in player responsiveness as an increased sense of professional urgency. Manchester United hothead Wayne Rooney will pass the ball and immediately ask for a return as he makes a run in behind the defence, for example. We found that almost all the players raise their hand and demand the ball when you play one twos near the opposition's penalty area. It actually feels nice, and is a good visual aid for possible through balls that you might otherwise miss. Players will slide to pass the ball now, too, rather than wait till they catch up with it, which happens a lot during 50 50s. You'll also be able to trigger second actions much quicker than before - which feels great in game, especially considering that was one of our major beefs with FIFA 08."

Game: FIFA Soccer 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
FIFA Soccer 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Qb @ 07/16/08 09:05 AM
A good read & worth your 10 minutes, although there wasn't too much new information. As always, thanks for the link...

# 2 Bahnzo @ 07/16/08 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by q_bert183
A good read & worth your 10 minutes, although there wasn't too much new information. As always, thanks for the link...
Heh, thanks Q! I'm soooo lazy, I need to wait to hear from someone on here if there's anything worthwhile in these other site's "previews" that we haven't heard already.

Then again, I might just wait until our own people goto EA and report back to us with their findings.

# 3 Qb @ 07/16/08 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Then again, I might just wait until our own people goto EA and report back to us with their findings.
I have the utmost confidence that the crew we're sending to EA will do a tremendous job. Hopefully they get enough hands-on time with the game to really delve into some of our areas of concern...

# 4 Bahnzo @ 07/16/08 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by q_bert183
I have the utmost confidence that the crew we're sending to EA will do a tremendous job. Hopefully they get enough hands-on time with the game to really delve into some of our areas of concern...
Yup, gonna be better (and more focused on what we want to know) than anything these websites put out. I'm trying to find some clever way to tie in their "opinions" and the ad revenue they get from said game companies, but my brain is working less than usual today.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.