Home
News Post

IGN has posted a article called NCAA 09 Season Simulation.

Quote:
"While we tend to notice that most games merely spit out the previous year's outcome in these sort of simulations by virtue of being built based upon what happened last year, college sports tend to be the exception because of the roster churn that goes on from year-to-year."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 janglar @ 07/23/08 12:04 AM
OSU beavers going 11-1 falls in the realm of cracksmokeoligy. Even if the yokels from the cesspool of civilization in Corvallis injected hallucinogetic cow patties from a cow teat, they wouldn't come up with such nonsense. Rumor has the roster patch being released by the end of the week

# 2 slickkill77 @ 07/23/08 12:16 AM
Read the thingy wrong

# 3 Solidice @ 07/23/08 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickkill77
The number 24 and 25 teams were 3-8 and 4-8? Yea way to make a simulation engine that works EA...thats a freaking joke
? #24 North Carolina and #25 Georgia Tech were 9-3 8-4 in that list.

# 4 BoomerSooner11 @ 07/23/08 12:22 AM
Hey OU finally won the Fiesta Bowl...lol.

# 5 MSU ILLEST @ 07/23/08 01:28 AM
There's no way Cincinnati is going 4-8 this year. I got them in the top three of the Big East and Pittsburgh aint getting close to being the Big East Champion.

Then again, it's football. More weird things have happened (especially in college).

# 6 ChubbyBanana @ 07/23/08 02:18 AM
wow. This is exactly what I love about the college game...unpredictability.

# 7 monsterhound @ 07/23/08 06:05 AM
I'm not sure if it's the writer that got things wrong or the simulation that's screwed up (fingers crossed it's the writer). According to the article UF and Tennessee played in the SEC championship game, which is impossible as they're both out of the SEC East. Also, the article says Florida won the SEC championship, which would give it an automatic BCS bowl bid. However, Auburn is listed in the Sugar Bowl while the Gators are nowhere to be found in the BCS Bowl table.

# 8 trayeight @ 07/23/08 10:26 AM
How could ASU, USC, and Oregon State all be 11-1, and not have a 3-way tie for 1st? Every Pac-10 team plays each other...

# 9 halos17 @ 07/23/08 10:29 AM
As a fan of Hoosier football (yes I am one of the three), i was shocked to see IU ranked 6th??? That's great in my mind as I've never seen them that high in any dynasty I've done/simmed, but come on!

# 10 newper77 @ 07/23/08 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
How could ASU, USC, and Oregon State all be 11-1, and not have a 3-way tie for 1st? Every Pac-10 team plays each other...
Say ASU and USC both lose to Oregon State and Oregon State loses to Stanford. Oregon State would have the tiebreaker because they beat both ASU and USC.

EDIT: Nevermind because ASU and USC would have to play each other. Duh!

# 11 nstod @ 07/23/08 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
Hey OU finally won the Fiesta Bowl...lol.
That's because they played BYU. I believe they have one of the worst bowl winning percentages in the country.

# 12 RAZRr1275 @ 07/23/08 10:57 AM
Not a bad sim but not a good one either. I don't have a problem with it.

# 13 jrotogeek @ 07/23/08 11:09 AM
VT 6-6. Ouch. I just started a new sim last night with SMU. We went 8-4 with a bowl win. Nice. Watch out!

HOWEVER, Cincinatti somehow went undefeated and made the natl championship game losing 31-0 to LSU. Pretty funny!

# 14 chapmanosu1 @ 07/23/08 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by halos17
As a fan of Hoosier football (yes I am one of the three), i was shocked to see IU ranked 6th??? That's great in my mind as I've never seen them that high in any dynasty I've done/simmed, but come on!
Haha, I think I know the other two then.

I've seen IU pretty high too, like Top 10. But then again I've seen Purdue and Northwestern in the top 5, so hell, who knows.

# 15 BoomerSooner11 @ 07/23/08 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
That's because they played BYU. I believe they have one of the worst bowl winning percentages in the country.
Don't steal my thunder...lol

# 16 ufox1810 @ 07/23/08 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterhound
I'm not sure if it's the writer that got things wrong or the simulation that's screwed up (fingers crossed it's the writer). According to the article UF and Tennessee played in the SEC championship game, which is impossible as they're both out of the SEC East. Also, the article says Florida won the SEC championship, which would give it an automatic BCS bowl bid. However, Auburn is listed in the Sugar Bowl while the Gators are nowhere to be found in the BCS Bowl table.
Exactly. I'm hoping the writer either (A) copied the results wrong or (B) made up the whole thing, because if the game actually keeps Florida out of a BCS bowl game even if they win the SEC, then I'm going to have a big problem with NCAA 2009.

# 17 Ziza9Noles94 @ 07/23/08 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newper77
Say ASU and USC both lose to Oregon State and Oregon State loses to Stanford. Oregon State would have the tiebreaker because they beat both ASU and USC.

EDIT: Nevermind because ASU and USC would have to play each other. Duh!

He does say later in the article that Oregon State is one of three Pac Ten Champions. Whoever put the chart together on page one must have just messed up.

# 18 slickkill77 @ 07/23/08 02:17 PM
Indiana, Oregon State...Top 10. Ok

# 19 OMT @ 07/23/08 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufox1810
Exactly. I'm hoping the writer either (A) copied the results wrong or (B) made up the whole thing, because if the game actually keeps Florida out of a BCS bowl game even if they win the SEC, then I'm going to have a big problem with NCAA 2009.
That's gotta be what it is.

# 20 firespy93 @ 07/23/08 03:59 PM
Florida couldnt have beaten Tennessee for the SEC title b/c they're both in the SEC East. Obviously Auburn won the SEC championship cconsidering they were in the BCS bowl delegated to the SEC champs. and one more thing how are all you guys simming seasons and getting teams like tulsa and ohio in the National championship. my first year w/ UAB i went undefeated and i didnt even reach a BCS bowl game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.