Home
Madden 09 News Post

We have just posted some Madden NFL 09 screenshots, featuring NFC East players with their available alternate jerseys.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Steve_OS @ 07/30/08 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
Can any one confirm that Marion Barber has dreads this year? Every screen shot I've seen show's him without dreads. He had them last year for crying out loud. I don't want to jump the gun but is this yet another EA screw up?
Yes, he has them. Just shorter than last year.

# 22 jdr4693 @ 07/30/08 02:45 PM
EA needs more "football people" at EA. Its like they have no clue about the NFL. How hard is it to put stripes on for three years now. Also the Redskins wear the white on whites more than the Eagles ever did in the regular season!

# 23 NYG_Meth @ 07/30/08 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
what i noticed here is Eli's Revolution helmet. he wasn't in a Rev helmet last year. maybe he's switching back? but why would he doing that having won the SB in a non Revolution helmet?
Eli hasn't worn a revolution helmet since 2005. That one continues to baffle me. Also, I don't think Brandon Jacobs has EVER worn a revolution helmet, and he's got one in the game as well. That's not that big of a deal, but Eli was the friggin Super Bowl MVP. Luckily we can edit equipment.

# 24 The GIGGAS @ 07/30/08 03:32 PM
I want to play with the blue and yellow jerseys so bad.

# 25 mastershake88 @ 07/30/08 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
MADDEN 09 .. I CANT WAIT!!!

lol you changed your reply?

# 26 cowboysfan440 @ 07/30/08 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
You know, I used to not give a damn about uniform inaccuracies. I kind of just looked the other way in spite of the Cowboys helmets being jacked up for what was going to be at least 2 years straight. But now, my question is WHY? Why are there so many uniform screw-ups? I can just about give EA a pass on throwback uniforms. But what is the excuse for messing up current unis? It really makes you wonder if the uniform team or person watches the NFL at all? Imperfections that we'll pick up on right away aren't detected by any of the good folks at EA/Tiburon? That is just a bit beyond ridiculous.

And then when we demand for it to be fixed, EA apologists look at us as perfectionists when in fact, uniforms shouldn't have been screwed up in the first place.

I too would like this to be confirmed. However, seeing as though it's going to be viewed as minute detail, I doubt we'll get find out before Madden ships.
if ur talking about the star being to big they said they showed a screen on a blog at madden09.com about it being fixed now

# 27 RGiles36 @ 07/30/08 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
if ur talking about the star being to big they said they showed a screen on a blog at madden09.com about it being fixed now
That's why I said distinctly, "...what was going to be..." It was fixed only b/c of the community interaction. If not for that, the big stars would've shipped again.

# 28 ausar72 @ 07/30/08 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I through in a shot of Taylor for the Skin fans, btw.
Thanks Steve.

BTW, You should know that that is NOT Sean Taylor. Taylor wore #21. I looked at that image too and I saw how big the guy was and I thought that was taylor, but then I saw the number 30 and I knew that that is actually LaRon Landry (Dirty Thirty!).

Oh, and what's up with all of the jersey-love for the Eagles? I count 6 from the screenshots, although that green throwback looks jacked up. I don't know which era those are from, especially since they have them wearing their modern helmets?

I can give EA some passes on some of the more difficult programming issues they may be having with the game, but the uniform thing is getting out of hand. Some of these mistakes are just ridiculous. I say that maybe a job requirement to work on these games is that you have to actually be a FAN of the NFL. Some of these mistakes are just really basic, basic stuff...

Ugh!

# 29 colkilla @ 07/30/08 06:11 PM
he knows it is not sean taylor, he is talking about the other screen shot with #55, JASON taylor...

# 30 Steve_OS @ 07/30/08 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla
he knows it is not sean taylor, he is talking about the other screen shot with #55, JASON taylor...
LOL yea. Must have missed that ausar72?

# 31 stevieballs @ 07/30/08 10:53 PM
i have a question for you Steve.

from one steve to another....

in 08, if you edited a player, lets say for instance, i want to change Brandon Jacobs helmet from a Revolution, to more of a style of what he uses. In games it would never say Jacobs any more, he would be known as his #.

for instance, before editing: "jacobs runs in for the score"
after editing: "#27 runs in for the score"

that bothered me.

was wondering if this was fixed or not?

# 32 Spanky @ 07/31/08 12:04 AM
Just curious, since I lucked out by not purchasing last year's abomination, but is this the first year they've had an extensive number of throwbacks and alternates for next gen?

# 33 Old's Cool @ 07/31/08 04:46 AM
The Cowboys thanksgiving unis are still wrong, the helmet should be white.

# 34 coogrfan @ 07/31/08 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
The Cowboys thanksgiving unis are still wrong, the helmet should be white.
Actually I think they got this right. Compare the helmets in these two screenshots.

Turkey day uni

1994 throwback

# 35 ausar72 @ 07/31/08 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
LOL yea. Must have missed that ausar72?
Oops!

You're right! It's gonna be a rough season for us Skins fans without Sean. We have Taylor on the brain here in DC...

# 36 coogrfan @ 07/31/08 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
Oops!

You're right! It's gonna be a rough season for us Skins fans without Sean. We have Taylor on the brain here in DC...
Gone but not forgotten.

RIP, Sean.

# 37 skinfan31 @ 08/01/08 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Whoever did the research for the throwback uniforms needs to be dragged out into the street and shot.

They've screwed up so many of them it's not even funny. The current uniforms seem to be OK, ignoring a few stripe-width issues we've seen, but the throwbacks are just all messed up.

We have the Giants without pant stripes... the Patriots without pant stripes and the wrong shade of blue... the 49ers with the wrong helmet... the Bills with the wrong helmet... and I'm not sure what those green and white Eagles uniforms are... colors look like late 60s, but they have the current helmet and no pant stripes...

I mean, seriously... if they can't get them right, why bother? I want to have as many throwbacks and alternates as possible... but if they're all wrong it kinda defeats the purpose.
I'm with you. This has made me sick with EA since they started the alt uni's. As a Skins fan I'm sick to my stomach that they don't have the all white uni's once again. Instead they throw in a uni they haven't worn since 1994 and the other 2 are anniversary uni's that they'll never wear again.

I'm sick of Madden! It's nothing but a joke to me now.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.