Home
News Post

Multiplayer.it has posted video footage of NBA 2K9.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NumberOneRB @ 08/05/08 12:09 AM
Looks like the overall player movement has been improved. One of the animations that always use to bother me in 2k8 was the running while dribbling animation (looked so stiff and unatural). Graphics were improved nicely so far, jerseys look a lot more life-like. Nice little emotional animation by KG after he hit the fadeaway and got the foul.

It appears that most of the improvements to the animations were very subtle, hopefully they put a lot more work into drastically improving the majority of the animations. Overall, I'd say its shaping up nicely, although I'm a little worried that all the praise and success this franchise has had over the years has maybe gotten to the heads of the 2K developers, and they may be resting on their laurels a bit. Vague comments from the producer suggesting they don't have to make very many improvements bothers me a bit.

# 22 ThaGenecyst @ 08/05/08 12:11 AM
btw... end of the quarter highlights = sickness

Presentation wise, the only place 2k is lacking is in the commentary department (as of this video) but I can deal

damn, I'm really digging that end of the quarter highlights... nice lil touch... it actually picked the good plays, i wonder if one or 2 of the highlights shown will be a celebration or players talkin amongst themselves... that would take it over the top

# 23 23 @ 08/05/08 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
Looks like the overall player movement has been improved. One of the animations that always use to bother me in 2k8 was the running while dribbling animation (looked so stiff and unatural). Graphics were improved nicely so far, jerseys look a lot more life-like. Nice little emotional animation by KG after he hit the fadeaway and got the foul.

It appears that most of the improvements to the animations were very subtle, hopefully they put a lot more work into drastically improving the majority of the animations. Overall, I'd say its shaping up nicely, although I'm a little worried that all the praise and success this franchise has had over the years has maybe gotten to the heads of the 2K developers, and they may be resting on their laurels a bit. Vague comments from the producer suggesting they don't have to make very many improvements bothers me a bit.
nice post

# 24 myownsun @ 08/05/08 12:16 AM
good find man

# 25 rockchisler @ 08/05/08 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamoyou401
disappointed I am
Me 2, but it is a early build, Live is killing it right now, no wonder 2k9 has been quiet with videos.

# 26 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/05/08 12:18 AM
Looks really good as always. I like how the players running around the floor trying to get a good look. But I think I'll be picking up Live this year. Just because I want something fresh.

I agree, the oop to Garnett before the 1st Q ended -- CLassic ( no crowd reaction)

The thing i hate about 2k8 was some after-basket celebrations are out of place. Hopefully they fixed this on 2k9

I also see some players sliding...New animation they added, and it doesn't look appealing IMO.

# 27 Behindshadows @ 08/05/08 12:54 AM
Looks pretty good to me for a early build, commentary is horrendous! Game flows nicely, player models look better and more detail, stadium looks more alive. I like it a lot.

Definitely a purchase on day 1 along with Live. Fix the damn commentary already. 2k basketball hasn't been good since NBA 2k2 on DC.

# 28 SageInfinite @ 08/05/08 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
2k basketball hasn't been good since NBA 2k2 on DC.
Your true feelings finally come out

# 29 Behindshadows @ 08/05/08 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Your true feelings finally come out
I meant the presentation / commentary. Not the game.

# 30 SageInfinite @ 08/05/08 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
I meant the presentation / commentary. Not the game.
Nah I know I was just messin with you And your definition of presentation must be different than mine.

# 31 Da_Czar @ 08/05/08 01:20 AM
Real talk ... Live LOOKS better right now to me. Specifically the interaction between offense and defense on the one on one moves.

# 32 emc12 @ 08/05/08 01:21 AM
man lookshe good i translated the page and it said that kobe kg and fisher have more signature animations i hope they get kobe right

heres the translation if you guys wanna see it some misspelled words but you'll be able to understand it

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate..****rl=Translate

# 33 SageInfinite @ 08/05/08 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Real talk ... Live LOOKS better right now to me. Specifically the interaction between offense and defense on the one on one moves.
Didn't see this 1 coming.

# 34 Behindshadows @ 08/05/08 01:23 AM
Quote:

Oh! no you didn't say that. You know you love some 2k.

# 35 trobinson97 @ 08/05/08 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Didn't see this 1 coming.
Lol, I know right? I did a double take when I saw who posted that.

# 36 Furq @ 08/05/08 01:31 AM
Looks a lot better to me. Still an early build of course and difficulty must not have been high as celtics were just draining everything but lots of good things. Didn't play as the celtics last year so I don't know if it was already fixed but they finally changed KG's free throw animation to the correct one. Before they had it where he raised it over his head but its been like this for quite some time now.

Plays seemed better as they had two players (pierce and allen) curl around as they often do in real life. Nice.

# 37 Furq @ 08/05/08 01:33 AM
Only other complaint I have that others haven't really brought up yet is that the guys were dribbling like it was the and 1 mixtape

I know people cross over etc in the NBA but there's no trick points/gamebreakers here

# 38 MakaveliLPC @ 08/05/08 01:36 AM
Is Clark Kellog actually saying the SAME things Kenny Smith said? The commentary is such a joke in this game.

# 39 23 @ 08/05/08 01:45 AM
You know, i wonder if they mo capped his fadeaway

# 40 Jano @ 08/05/08 01:55 AM
Quote:
I gotta agree with Czar on this point the one on one interactions between the players looks a lot better in live. They seem more true to life in Live because its like the defensive player has to react to every move you make, while in 2K this isn't always true.

For example in 2K when you're guarding a player and he makes a strong move to the right you don't always have to react immediately because a lot of times you can just slide back into place. While in live if your in the same situation and don't react quick enough the player will just blow right by you.

Which to me is why live is the more realistic of the two in terms one on one interactions. Because in real life especially when it comes to NBA players if you give players that extra inch of room they can and will blow right by you just ask Smush Parker he knows all about this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.