Home
News Post

GamecinemaHD has posted the following NHL 09 updates:
  • NHL 09 Preview

Quote:
    "Players now progress throughout their career in a multitude of ways. Depending on the player’s position and skill type, they will earn experience points during the season in their own unique manner. At the center of this operation are three main categories that can affect progress; Offense, Defense, and Athletics are taken into consideration for skaters, while Reflexes, Puck Control, and Athletics are specific to goaltenders."
  • NHL 09 Checking Animation Video
  • NHL 09 Team Intro Video

Note: The two videos on their website might not be available. It could be just my web browser.

Game: NHL 09Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 47 - View All
NHL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kt-od @ 08/16/08 03:13 AM
The checking animation one was cool. I hope the game is going to be more realistic than that. I mean seeing Modano and Sakic lay-out those guys is unrealistic.

# 2 KojiPro @ 08/16/08 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
The checking animation one was cool. I hope the game is going to be more realistic than that. I mean seeing Modano and Sakic lay-out those guys is unrealistic.
I know, right. I remember a few years ago when they were promising each players weight, hitting power and player type would affect who they could check, how aggressive they are, etc. And then we see Sakic and Modano dropping guys like Chara. Very unrealistic.

And I already asked him about the tape-to-tape passes. He said that very few passes actually miss....meaning they never bounce over the other guys stick...or get fumbled when trying to catch it. They mostly either get caught...or intercepted by the cpu...not much else.

# 3 MizzouRah @ 08/17/08 11:34 PM
Really wish I could watch the videos.. why can't this site play their videos like 99% of the other gaming sites do?

Guess I'll have to check them out at work where we have T1 lines.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.