Home
News Post

EA Sports has updated their NHL 09 blog with a ton of video blogs.

Quote:
"I make a blind backhand pass that gets picked off followed by the cpu rushing a bad pass that goes behind his player and misses. This year, you really have to be conscious of your passes and make the smart hockey play. Blind backhand passes under pressure will be slower and less accurate thus more susceptible to being picked off. After making this mistake once or twice, I guarantee that you'll learn that you have to use your defensive partner as an outlet or try to skate it around the net yourself. The fact that you have to make the right 'hockey plays' are something that we're very proud of as it's one of the things that we set out to achieve at the start of this cycle."

Member Comments
# 21 Poro24 @ 08/20/08 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
Every time someone buys a copy of 2k9, an angel loses her wings.

I don't see why ANYBODY sees ANYTHING in that game. It, again, looks awful. Everything about it. It is so unfathomably behind NHL it's not even funny. The demo is out for ps3, and its predictably awful. What a waste of money that game is. I laugh at anybody buying it. I'd rather spend 60$ on ABC gum.
Wow, now i really can't buy it . You have so many great points in that post. Everything you said about the gameplay, presentation, replays and new animations is so true. Have you considered to start writing game reviews? Huh, that post was too epic to read...

...and NHL 2K9 actually will actually cost like £24.99.

Both games for me this year. But I really hope that we can adjust the pass accuracy in 09.

# 22 BtownzFinest19 @ 08/20/08 05:56 AM
hey man im gettin nhl 09 as well and am starting a ea sports hockey league team. just wondering if u wanted to join. i have it for 360. i have about 10 recruits already but could make a starting spot for you anytime. just message me back if your interested

# 23 kerosene31 @ 08/20/08 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
Every time someone buys a copy of 2k9, an angel loses her wings.

I don't see why ANYBODY sees ANYTHING in that game. It, again, looks awful. Everything about it.
You do realize what happens if 2k hockey goes away, right?

The NHL series becomes Madden, a $60 roster update with few improvements and little innovation. Same thing in baseball.

Is that what you want for hockey games?

2k absolutely destroyed EA hockey for years, which is the reason why the EA NHL series is where it is. If not for 2k hockey, I bet we're still playing a slightly tweaked NHL 05

As for what people see in 2k hockey:
-realistic passing
-realistic neutral zone play (because of the passing)
-more game modes (regular season, etc)

If 2k can get past their AI issues from 2k8, they could have a great hockey game as well.

The best thing for everyone is to have two great hockey games this year, and for that, I'll gladly spend $120 (I do every year). I skipped Madden this year in planning for spending more on these games.

Sports games without competition suck. Plain and simple. I'm glad to see many people still supporting 2k. Even if you hate their games, YOU benefit from them.

# 24 AlexBrady @ 08/20/08 01:08 PM
could anyone tell me where the full game video is? i can't find it.

# 25 savoie2006 @ 08/20/08 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
could anyone tell me where the full game video is? i can't find it.
It's not there.It's just one game he took the clips out of.

# 26 AlexBrady @ 08/20/08 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
It's not there.It's just one game he took the clips out of.
oh, thanks man.

# 27 Ruffy @ 08/20/08 01:40 PM
I really enjoyed these...alot.

Can't wait for NHL to drop big time.

I bought NCAA on launch...enjoying it...will enjoy it more when patch 2 drops.

Bought Madden on launch..ive played it sparingly even after an instant patch upon loading it up.

NHL 09 is still a ways away and I am salavating....

Thank god one EA dev team is listening and building on what right and tweaking things in the right direction....the NHL team is doing such a good job it looks like NCAA and Madden are finally attempting to copy the gameplan the NHL team has started..

Bravo fellas...just can't wait....I had 2k hockey for many years waiting for EA to fix a game that always looked better....finally its gonna look and for the most part play better.

# 28 Qb @ 08/20/08 11:09 PM
Anyone see the latest blog update at EA's site? It is pure fluff at its finest and it conspicuously is the only one I can remember that includes a picture of the author. You'll see what I mean if you check it out...

# 29 mudtiger @ 08/20/08 11:22 PM
I read that and at the end of every sentence I was anticpating that it was going to segue into actually talking about the game in the next.

# 30 Qb @ 08/20/08 11:49 PM
EA - "Not only did we win 7 sports game of the year awards, chicks dig us!"

# 31 savoie2006 @ 08/21/08 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
EA - "Not only did we win 7 sports game of the year awards, chicks dig us!"
I wish,my "chick" would dig EA.She hates my hockey games.As far as the chick who did the blog....

# 32 kazjason @ 08/21/08 04:48 AM
Wow, her blog was so informational. I forwarded all my spam to her because I thought maybe she'd enjoy reading that as much as I did her blog.

# 33 ChubbyBanana @ 08/21/08 05:08 AM
Qb I hold you responsible! Can I please have the last 5 minutes of my life back?

After all you're the one that pointed me to that pointless blog update. That was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen posted on an EA blog.

And j/k about the five minute thing.

# 34 Flyermania @ 08/21/08 08:05 AM
I think her blog was quite possibly the worst blog I have ever read. And to add to the pain, it had little to do with NHL 09 at all. Shenanigans!

# 35 Ruffy @ 08/21/08 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
I think her blog was quite possibly the worst blog I have ever read. And to add to the pain, it had little to do with NHL 09 at all. Shenanigans!
Maybe she meant to put that out there on a dating site...I'd tap that lmao!!

# 36 stephensonmc @ 08/21/08 11:57 AM
So you guys liked the blog eh?

I know it's shocking guys, but there are other people in this world (besides the ones that post on message boards) that enjoy NHL.

We want as many different people as possible to blog. Lauren is actually a great example of someone who plays the game casually (can speak to it), and has deep knowledge of the NHL and hockey. She's a featured writer on NHL.com as well.

We're not crazy guys, just doesn't interest you which I get.

# 37 stephensonmc @ 08/21/08 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv
i guess if i had your job, i might post something like that, but do us a favor and have the bimbo stick to shopping. we aren't fooled.
Not going to argue with you guys about this.

We obviously aren't putting her blog up for you guys. Not trying to "fool" anyone. You don't like it and that's fine.

# 38 Qb @ 08/21/08 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
So you guys liked the blog eh?

I know it's shocking guys, but there are other people in this world (besides the ones that post on message boards) that enjoy NHL.

We want as many different people as possible to blog. Lauren is actually a great example of someone who plays the game casually (can speak to it), and has deep knowledge of the NHL and hockey. She's a featured writer on NHL.com as well.

We're not crazy guys, just doesn't interest you which I get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Not going to argue with you guys about this.

We obviously aren't putting her blog up for you guys. Not trying to "fool" anyone. You don't like it and that's fine.
You make a good point. Egg on my face, as my post started the whole thing. I wasn't thinking of other audiences that aren't as ravenous for every morsel of gameplay video displaying missed passes and proper neutral zone positioning. I think we're all probably guilty of 'thinking inside the OS box'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv
i guess if i had your job, i might post something like that, but do us a favor and have the bimbo stick to shopping. we aren't fooled.
Come on, dude. This just isn't necessary...

# 39 stephensonmc @ 08/21/08 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
You make a good point. Egg on my face, as my post started the whole thing. I wasn't thinking of other audiences that aren't as ravenous for every morsel of gameplay video displaying missed passes and proper neutral zone positioning. I think we're all probably guilty of 'thinking inside the OS box'.

Come on, dude. This just isn't necessary...
I'm in that boat too qb, no worries!

# 40 Knight165 @ 08/21/08 07:33 PM
Nice to see the d-men working to clear the front of the net.
Hopefully, MY d-men will be doing the same, so I can control a winger this year instead of having to always do that myself.

Looks good.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.