Home
Backbreaker News Post

IGN has posted their preview of Backbreaker.

Quote:
"The altered control style isn't the only way that Backbreaker plans to separate itself from the pack. Rather than gunning for the simulation crown that Madden currently holds, NaturalMotion is going for arcade gameplay that has the most realistic motion ever seen in a videogame. You'll see things like defenders taking off from three yards away to lay the smack down on an unsuspecting quarterback and airborne receivers getting flipped end over end when trying to make a catch. It's nowhere near as ridiculous as Midway's Blitz but it does cash in on the same freedoms that come with the lack of the NFL license."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Pared @ 08/25/08 11:19 PM
Keywords - Given what we've seen.

# 42 burnwood @ 08/26/08 09:53 AM
My skepticism mainly comes from imagining an American football game being made by a European based company. My expectations remain at the floor.

# 43 bkfount @ 08/26/08 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
This game is a glimpse of the future, with the amount of high profile games using this technology, canned animations are a thing of the past. This technology offer substance over flash, something missing in most new games, especially sports.
actually, canned motion capture will be around for awhile. All Euphoria does is assist in making certain environmental animations look better. It's a more realistic ragdoll simulation, that makes characters brace for a hit, protect their head, etc. It will then blend back to motion capture animations once the character is in a position to use one of the canned animations. So, even Backbreaker will have plenty of canned motion capture animations in use.

Here's an interesting article about whether or not euphoria will ever truly take the place of motion capture. It even highlights how GTA 4 and The Force Unleashed actually used it, as people think it's used for everything.

http://aigamedev.com/editorial/naturalmotion-euphoria

# 44 stiffarmleft @ 08/26/08 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
actually, canned motion capture will be around for awhile. All Euphoria does is assist in making certain environmental animations look better. It's a more realistic ragdoll simulation, that makes characters brace for a hit, protect their head, etc. It will then blend back to motion capture animations once the character is in a position to use one of the canned animations. So, even Backbreaker will have plenty of canned motion capture animations in use.

Here's an interesting article about whether or not euphoria will ever truly take the place of motion capture. It even highlights how GTA 4 and The Force Unleashed actually used it, as people think it's used for everything.

LOL...nevermind then.

# 45 ChicagoSparty @ 08/26/08 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Wow the attacks again, how mature. HELLO, I am stating FACT. If you want to see the quote I'll go ahead and post it. This time I wasn't BLINDLY "supporting" the company. Please back off my jock. I'm sorry I like a game before it comes out okay. The fact this game WILL come out and already has a HANDS ON preview (with more to come) I don't get how you can be so ignorant. I mean seriously. Back off the people that support the game and go play your EA games. I was simply answering the concern that this game would be blitz, its obviously not. No one is going to rip of someones helmet and beat them with it.
Someone's wound a little too tight.

# 46 jmood88 @ 08/26/08 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount

Great post.

# 47 mercalnd @ 08/26/08 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Taking the A.I. from tackle alley and thinking its the final A.I. would be ignorant because you are forgetting that Tackle Alley is a mini-game, which is made to be beaten. It even said in the article the guy who played it couldn't make it to the endzone, which means it got harder since the preview video.
True. But so is assuming the AI will be better than that of other football games when this company is making its first football game and every football game ever made has had AI issues. Plus we've seen nothing so far regarding the AI. Maybe they'll get it right (highly unlikely IMO) but no one can say either way yet.

# 48 bukktown @ 08/27/08 11:36 AM
mmmmmmm.........the smell of fresh ideas! Gotta love it!

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.