Home
News Post

Note: Below are the patch details from the Lead Designer of NFL Head Coach 09, Josh Looman.

I got the Ok to officially say that we are doing a patch. I've wanted to say that for a week, but we had to make sure of a few things first.

Here's an update on our progress with the patch:
  • We have fixed the Play Creator/Injury Bug.
  • We have added the ability to call plays during the 2 minute drill. You guys better thank Bekins for this. Normally, this would have been a feature that would have taken forever to get in, but the kid killed himself to put it in there to help everyone out.
  • We have added Favre's stats back in the game.
  • We fixed a bug you guys didn't know about that allows me to change team philosophies in the roster update. Woo-Hoo! This lets me get the teams where I think they should be and correct some ratings issues that way.
  • We fixed the contract bug (where scrub players would ask for a ton of money when re-signing).
  • We fixed the Draft Day trading bug (where you could force every team to trade their pick by asking them to trade and then backing out)
  • We fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • We fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • We are investigating a fix to make fumbles better. Staymates found out that a fatigued player would be getting larger penalties than expected to their attributes, including their carry rating. We are greatly reducing this so that fumbles should happen less. This is going to need some more testing since a lot of different factors influence fumble chances.
  • We are also investigating a fix for CPU teams subbing out fatigued players quicker in-game so that backups get some carries. Our thresholds for subbing a guy out were too low, so we are raising those. This also needs mucho testing.
  • We are fixing any crashes we can reproduce including the issues found on PS3.
I don't have a date for when this will be delivered to you (we are working very quickly). Once we are done with it, it typically takes a couple of weeks to get through everybody else before it makes it's way to you.

As I've said before, I'm sorry for these bugs. As you can see, we are making it right.

*** Added Wednesday, August 27th ***

We are also fixing an issue with RFAs that was noticed.

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 jwhite1347 @ 08/28/08 07:46 PM
Has their been any progress made on the PS3 Patch? My new 80GB unit just locked up for the third time and I am done ... Latest was entering 2:00 minute warning in game 1 of the season -- I think I have blown about 40 hours with all these lockups.. Please tell me the calvary is coming?

# 102 gatorelk @ 08/28/08 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
I can't change anything in the offseason rosters or for upcoming rookies in the roster update.

I can change potential for any player that is in the preseason rosters.

I've even dropped a couple who have been more disappointing than expected so far.
bummer about the first part but thanks for the info!

# 103 AgustusM @ 08/29/08 12:47 PM
I have never seen an answer to the question of whether these fixes will work on existing franchises, or if we will need to start over.

I am afraid the answer is not the one we are looking for.

# 104 MeSlayer @ 08/29/08 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustusM
I have never seen an answer to the question of whether these fixes will work on existing franchises, or if we will need to start over.

I am afraid the answer is not the one we are looking for.
See the following post in this very thread : o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins
Yes. All of the things we are fixing should take effect in your saved careers. You should be able to enter Play Creator, save on a Tuesday, run the no-huddle offense, etc., with no ill effects.

# 105 Step2001 @ 08/29/08 12:53 PM
Josh

Have you adjusted the special teams so the QB's are not out on the coverage units?

Thanks

# 106 kiddlex @ 08/29/08 07:18 PM
Please make sliders more effective if at all possible. I believe this game screams for more user tuning. It would take tons of pressure off of of you guys (devs) if we were able to better craft what realism means to each of us. Thanks for all the other fixes too btw.

# 107 JMNY83 @ 08/29/08 07:58 PM
Just out of curiosity when you say you are fixing the trading would you be also be giving more time to negotiate a trade? I think you should be able to trade for the whole time you have left in that selection to make your pick. 1:30 seconds or whatever it is not nearly enough time to negotiate especially if you have a bunch of teams interested.

# 108 AgustusM @ 08/29/08 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSlayer
See the following post in this very thread : o
awesome!

# 109 Mauler97 @ 08/29/08 09:46 PM
You guys rule!

Is there anyway you could PLEASE fix the fat players, get rid of the dark visors on QB's and rid the game of the hideous 20 inch revolution face masks that look like little league baseball facemasks, the ones that most of the great rookies in the game wear like Morrow and English.

I know these are not as important as the game crashes but to me these details are a big deal and take away from the realism of this amazing game.

Thanks!

# 110 osubucksfan47 @ 08/30/08 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins
We've been able to reproduce this thanks to some help from the OS community.

The good news is that we can definitely fix the problem. You should be able to resume your save file once you download the patch.

The bad news is that there's no real workaround at this point, so you'll have to play another career until then.

I apologize for this issue. It sucks.
Thats fine, as long as the problem is fixed and I can continue my career eventually I'm ok with it.

# 111 havlen @ 08/30/08 02:02 PM
I am curious on if there is any plans to patch the gameday sounds? For the most part, the game is very good, but the actual games leave a lot to be desired.

I think making players sounds more audible (both the sound of player audibles -- which is often too low to hear -- and the sound of the actual play -- big hits and stuff) and increasing the sound of the PA so that the game sounds like a real game. This would also allow us to know what the heck just happened without having to wait for the ticker to tell us (especially when in a more distant camera mode).

Being able to hear the sound of a real game would be awesome and I think it would enhance the coach chatter -- right now, the coach chatter is just annoying mainly because I know that it is the main reason why the other sounds are turned down or off. If I could hear the game, and the PA, and the coach chatter -- well, then I'd feel like a real head coach.

# 112 jwhite1347 @ 08/30/08 05:20 PM
100% on the "in game experience" - Sounds would certainly help. As is you just seem somewhat abstracted from the game experience - sounds, announcers (at least PA), and other elements would make much more immersive..!

# 113 johnriii @ 08/30/08 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
Please make sliders more effective if at all possible. I believe this game screams for more user tuning. It would take tons of pressure off of of you guys (devs) if we were able to better craft what realism means to each of us. Thanks for all the other fixes too btw.
according to the initial post in this thread, the sliders will not be adjusted. One can only hope they forgot to put that in the post, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that issue to be resolved..... they seem to be avoiding THAT particular issue like the plague...

# 114 havlen @ 08/30/08 11:53 PM
Bug report for defining moment:

4th and 3 on the opponent's 4 and my defining moment is to go for it. I go for it, pick up 3 yards and the first down but not the touchdown and it registers as having failed the defining moment. (I scored 2 plays later.)

Of course, the defining moments in the game are already pretty bonkered because of the silly defining moments (being asked to go for the TD and not the FG when up by 7 with 2 minutes left in the game, or asked to kick onsides when down by 7 with 8 min left in the game -- basically stuff the media and owner would roast the coach for that defining moment wants to have them clap you on the back for doing it.)

# 115 Heshi @ 08/31/08 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnriii
according to the initial post in this thread, the sliders will not be adjusted. One can only hope they forgot to put that in the post, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that issue to be resolved..... they seem to be avoiding THAT particular issue like the plague...
I think the inclusion of sliders was one of the worst things that happened to sports games... ever.

# 116 pf8363 @ 08/31/08 07:01 AM
will we have to delete our old careers and start new ones to get the patch in career mode? im really not looking forward to doing so if that is the case

# 117 MeSlayer @ 08/31/08 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite1347
100% on the "in game experience" - Sounds would certainly help. As is you just seem somewhat abstracted from the game experience - sounds, announcers (at least PA), and other elements would make much more immersive..!
there actually is a PA guy. The weirdest thing, I've never heard the PA guy playing at home or away, and then magically on monday night vs the colts my stadium had a PA guy.

I think theres a bug that makes him not show up to work everyday. But it made it so much eaiser to tell what was going on the field instead of waiting for the ticker to scroll who made the catch

# 118 havlen @ 08/31/08 11:47 AM
The PA guy is there for every game, his sound is just turned way down. The only way to hear him is to turn the sound of almost everything else down.

But I don't think you can turn down the volume of some of the music that pops up and plays, so there's only so much you can do to bring him out.

It's a pretty weak solution. Hopefully, they'll boost the PA sound and the game sounds so the game will actually feel like a game.

# 119 MeSlayer @ 08/31/08 05:29 PM
Also, a minor bug

I can't seem to change my DT's numbers into the 90-99 range

It sounds silly but since I can't hear the PA guy I changed everyones numbers so that I automatically know where on the depth chart that person is when I see them make a play on screen.

I can change DTs numbers in the 70-79 range no problems and that works, it just feels goofy.

I sorta feel dumb for even bothering to post this but it strikes me as an easy fix so I'll go ahead and throw it out there.

edit, also, if i recall correctly you can only change centers numbers in the 50-59 range, no 60s are allowed : o

# 120 theanalogkid @ 08/31/08 07:08 PM
I wished they'd find tune the running game. (well actually tune it so it's close to being realistic with the NFL)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.