Home
News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K9 official gameplay trailer.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Hassan Darkside @ 09/19/08 03:21 PM
Was Steve Nash throwing that lob off the backboard or was it one of those lobs with someone trailing that hangs in the air for a half an hour?

# 42 Shakedowncapo @ 09/19/08 03:24 PM
It's that scoop layup he does.

# 43 Vast @ 09/19/08 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Thank you.

I'm not that impressed with the video to be honest. I think many of the reactions are over the top. Everyone wants a "sim" game but get hyped up by flashy trailers.

It's a nice trailer but it doesn't show many of the gameplay advances people love to reiterate here in the forums over and over ad nauseam. Bring on the substance.
This trailer was off the hook! Your not impressed because you helped make NBA live. lol j/k
But seriously nothing gets people more excited than watching Highlights.. top ten ESPN ****. Of course we want our games to play sim but we wanna know that we can drop some sickness on fools heads if we catch em sleeping. Plain and simple.

# 44 Muzyk23 @ 09/19/08 03:29 PM
Damn! Tons of new layups, crosses and dunks which look the best ever. I'm downright impressed.

- Kobes' dunk

- PP's layup after the spin move

- Ray Allen's the ball behind your back move

- Lebron's left-handed lay in.

# 45 Pared @ 09/19/08 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
This trailer was off the hook! Your not impressed because you helped make NBA live. lol j/k
But seriously nothing gets people more excited than watching Highlights.. top ten ESPN ****. Of course we want our games to play sim but we wanna know that we can drop some sickness on fools heads if we catch em sleeping. Plain and simple.
Yeah that must be it.

Honestly though... it's just an observation and people can "act a fool" all they want over a trailer. They're the ones buying the game to do what they want with it. I get more excited over the intricacies and little nuances.

# 46 ITSFAVRENOTFARVE @ 09/19/08 03:32 PM
Oh my god...that trailer is crazy. Will that song be on the soundtrack?

# 47 Stumbleweed @ 09/19/08 03:32 PM
Looks great... some of those new animations (especially the change shot animations like that Kobe dunk that starts at 52 seconds) look absolutely perfect. I'm sure we won't see all the animations in this one for a LONG time due in part to the shot adjustments. Very impressive trailer, but yeah, doesn't answer some of my nagging questions. I just need the demo, that's the bottom line at this point..

# 48 Bornindamecca @ 09/19/08 03:33 PM
I liked the trailer for what it was. Fun, exciting, showcased new animations, well edited, etc. It's good that people are excited. Nice to see a few pages go by without this turning into a fight, or a nitpick contest.

Also, I like looking at basketball highlights, and this was very much like looking at real highlights, and didn't feel like looking at video game highlights.

# 49 bball_1523 @ 09/19/08 03:34 PM
animations are incredible!

# 50 23 @ 09/19/08 03:35 PM
I dont know Pared.. some of this excitement that you talk about almost seems kinda fake to me.

Like some of these guys want to be excited but they're forcing it out.

# 51 CallMeDrop @ 09/19/08 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
I dont know Pared.. some of this excitement that you talk about almost seems kinda fake to me.

lol...I think that people have been waiting for so long for a quality vid, to finally get one is very exciting! 2K is the only game I play year round, so it is very exciting for me.

# 52 Bornindamecca @ 09/19/08 03:40 PM
Quote:
I thought you didn't want anymore talk about ejaculation?

# 53 aholbert32 @ 09/19/08 03:40 PM
Quote:

I dont agree with that. These guys are just as excited as they have been in past years. I thought the trailer looked good. People are legitimately happy to see some footage of the game.

# 54 Pared @ 09/19/08 03:41 PM
Quote:

I agree but I don't want to dwell on the point. Some guys are genuinely excited about this and at least the would be marketing crew discussion has died down because of it.

People have been "dying" for a video like this so I'm putting the "haterade" down.

# 55 trobinson97 @ 09/19/08 03:42 PM
DAAAAAAMN! Did y'all see Kobe go up with his right then dunk with his left?!?!?!

I need to have this game now lol. That was a tight *** vid.

# 56 -DaVe- @ 09/19/08 03:42 PM
It's also going to be cool that animations / signature stuff is going to be in the updates ..
Rookies are finally going to play similar to their real life counterpart

# 57 richmo @ 09/19/08 03:42 PM
The animations are just...

# 58 SureShot @ 09/19/08 03:44 PM
As my man Chuck used to say at the Raptor games...

SICK, WICKED & NASTY!!!

Great hype video!

# 59 jewelz1132 @ 09/19/08 03:45 PM
I still dont like the graphics but the animations are crazy...

# 60 DC @ 09/19/08 03:45 PM
@ Ejaculation talk

Man anyone notice this

East Side: Celtics
South Side: Hawks
West Side: Lakers
North Side: Celtics

Come on Mo........

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.