Home
News Post

• Fixed the Bug that caused players to remain injured when you go into play creator.
  • Fixed the ability to call plays within the two minute drill.
  • Fixed the Brett Favre career stats issue.
  • Fixed the ability for us to change team philosophies in the roster update. If you have the previous roster update, you should see some major changes in ratings.
  • Fixed the bug that caused low rated players to ask for a very large deal when re-signing.
  • Fixed the Draft Day trading issue that allowed the user to force every team to trade their pick to another team.
  • Fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • Fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • Fixed fumbles. We put in a fix that should make these much more realistic.
  • Fixed CPU fatigue subbing. Running backs will now come out of the game more quickly and be replaced by their backup.
  • Fixed FG distance. Kickers will be able to kick longer FGs now.
  • Added the option to turn off CPU Downloaded Plays.
  • Fixed the bug that was causing RFAs to not show up after year 1.
  • Fixed the bug that wouldn't take a player's current salary into account when figuring out if you had enough cap room to re-sign him.
  • Fixed a big issue that we believe was causing 99% of the crashes or more.
I think that's it. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Enjoy!

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 chickenhed @ 09/23/08 11:54 AM
Wonderful work guys, thanks a bunch for this. I know we all appreciate the work you put in. I have never enjoyed a sports game (of any genre) more than I am enjoying this one right now.

# 22 JoeMimic @ 09/23/08 12:01 PM
I just had a run of 10 yards....I don't ever remember a gain that big before the patch. I'm crossing my fingers!

Gore gets hurt on his 4th carry. Foster comes in and on his 2nd carry scampers for a 44 yard touchdown...

Loving the Sub In coming up on the clipboard now. I've fumbled twice in two quarters one was legit and the other I got overturned.

Michael Robinson with a 59 yard counter play to the left for a touchdown! You can tell the difference in power on FGs now for sure. Janikowski missed a 43 yarder that hit the left goal post but that kick got up there in a hurry.

# 23 KevinM @ 09/23/08 01:01 PM
Josh,

Great work indeed to the three main guys Dan, Chris & Jeff. Superb work. Can't wait for the PS3 version.

One quick question, did you ever take a look at the defensive penalty ending a half bug? or did I get that in too late?

It's obviously not going to happen that often, but could be the difference between winning & losing a game.

Thanks again to all the team for the extra hard work, and a superbly designed game.

Kevin.

# 24 nickaepi @ 09/23/08 01:20 PM
Do you have an official Patch release date/time for the Ps3 version?

# 25 canes2008 @ 09/23/08 01:21 PM
I hope the ps3 version comes next week

# 26 Matrix-Monkey @ 09/23/08 01:40 PM
Yay! Had time on my lunch break to get to my apartment and download the patch, ran through the contracts real quick and the scrub players asking for huge contracts is gone, and my star players that I need to resign even asked for less money.

=]

# 27 JoeMimic @ 09/23/08 01:41 PM
So I finished a preseason game, it's preseason but still I'm encouraged as hell. 49ers win 31-21 over the Raiders.

49er QBs - 9-16 165yards 1td
Robinson/Foster - 22 carries 137yards 2tds! Never had a running game like that pre-patch. This is with Martz' playbook as well.

McFadden had 9 carries for 32 yards and Fargas had 10 carries 59yards and a touchdown.

Also Nedney with a 54 yarder.

I'll be playing another game real quick. Stay tuned!

# 28 AgustusM @ 09/23/08 02:03 PM
Played my first post patch half and I can already see the improvements.

My running is still not that good, but the sample size is so small I am not concerned...

especially becasue the other team is running the ball and I have yet to see the previously all too familiar play where 3 guys hit the RB 5 yards behind the LOS.

I haven't been in FG range yet (my one good drive resulted in a TD) but my opp has made a 39 and 43 FG. I have never been so happy to see the other team score.

Also both teams are having a much more difucult time passing. I don't think I am going to throw for 4,000 yards this season, and that is a good thing.

Also - I absolutely LOVE the new toggle to turn off CPU play download. I can see where some people might like to have the other teams download plays, I was always in the camp of enjoying the idea of teams having a specific philosophy. So when you played the Colts and watched them run stretch 20 times, it felt like playing the Colts. Allowing them to d/l plays took away from that a bit and now being able to turn that off is great. Developers can almost never go wrong with allowing people toggle and customize the game to the way they want to play. Great, great addition.

Overall I am very happy with my first post patch half, even though I am losing 13-7.

Great job Josh and co. thank you!

# 29 DreadedSteeler @ 09/23/08 02:14 PM
A big thank you to everyone at EA involved in the making of this great game and to those that went the extra mile on this patch. Unfortunately can't check it out till tonight as I got the RROD last night.

# 30 delusional @ 09/23/08 02:17 PM
at ps3 patch

# 31 JoeMimic @ 09/23/08 02:28 PM
The computer is definitely running the ball better. I called the wrong defense on a pitch and I had only one guy on the edge to stop Ryan Grant and he stiff armed him and went 50 yards in for the score.

# 32 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/23/08 02:40 PM
Great work HC team!!!! Thanks so much! Can't wait to try it out!

# 33 JoeMimic @ 09/23/08 02:55 PM
Saw my first 2 minute hurry up offense. It puts a little clipboard item that says Play Call and Hurry! Underneath it.

# 34 SloeyEZ @ 09/23/08 02:57 PM
/eats his tear soaked cupcake waiting for the PS3 patch

# 35 AgustusM @ 09/23/08 03:20 PM
Finished my first post patch game.

On the plus side I won 25-22 on a TD with ten seconds to go - very exciting indeed.

also on the plus side - my passing and the packers passing was good, but not off the carts like it has been.

totals FG in the game for both teams - 6 for 6. I didn't have a game in previous 30 where the teams combined for 3 FG's - so this was great.

Packers run the ball better than I have seen, but still not that good.

Only downside is I had 11 yards rushing on 17 carries. Now of course this is a minuscule sample size, so I am not panicking yet. My OL is good (92,94,82,86,82) my RB's are good enough (Gore is far better in real life than his 84 rating) I empathize the run in my game plans (I used 2 of my 3 practices on run.) I call maseterd plays, etc, etc.

I am wondering if Martz is the problem or if Gore simply isn't good enough. I am thinking about firing up a play now game with the chargers or vikings and see if I can run with those teams.

# 36 Suvorov @ 09/23/08 03:20 PM
Yeah, me too.

Come on Sony, put our patch up soon!

# 37 Matrix-Monkey @ 09/23/08 03:21 PM
What did they adjust that is bringing the passing game back to realistic levels?

# 38 NoleFan @ 09/23/08 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
  • Fixed a big issue that we believe was causing 99% of the crashes or more.
I think that's it. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Enjoy!
I'm excited to try to continue my Washington career when I get in from the gym.

*hoping for 0 freezes*

# 39 JoeMimic @ 09/23/08 03:47 PM
Results from my 2nd preseason game. Packers win 42-15. I got audibled to death. I'd see 5WR on the playcall screen go into a coverage and then they'd go into a running formation with a FB and jam the ball down my throat.

49ers
JTO - 5/8 73yards 62%
Alexa - 10/17 150yards 1td 1int 150%
Moats (Gore is hurt) - 11 carries 45 yards 1td
49er running game total - 25 carries 83 yards (not great but good Packers D)

Packers -
QBs - 18/24 301yards 5tds
Ryan Grant - 13 carries 115 yards 1 td

A lot better folks. I'm going to stop playing for now but I hope others are having similar results.

# 40 tigerbothesh23 @ 09/23/08 04:06 PM
I don't have the patch yet, but audibles is my biggest frustration with the game. the CPU can call them and we can't. I could have lived with the game how it was pre patch if they would have fixed the audibles. I love the game, and will probably enjoy it even more after the patch, just wish I could audible as well

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.