Home
News Post

• Fixed the Bug that caused players to remain injured when you go into play creator.
  • Fixed the ability to call plays within the two minute drill.
  • Fixed the Brett Favre career stats issue.
  • Fixed the ability for us to change team philosophies in the roster update. If you have the previous roster update, you should see some major changes in ratings.
  • Fixed the bug that caused low rated players to ask for a very large deal when re-signing.
  • Fixed the Draft Day trading issue that allowed the user to force every team to trade their pick to another team.
  • Fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • Fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • Fixed fumbles. We put in a fix that should make these much more realistic.
  • Fixed CPU fatigue subbing. Running backs will now come out of the game more quickly and be replaced by their backup.
  • Fixed FG distance. Kickers will be able to kick longer FGs now.
  • Added the option to turn off CPU Downloaded Plays.
  • Fixed the bug that was causing RFAs to not show up after year 1.
  • Fixed the bug that wouldn't take a player's current salary into account when figuring out if you had enough cap room to re-sign him.
  • Fixed a big issue that we believe was causing 99% of the crashes or more.
I think that's it. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Enjoy!

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 edubbz708 @ 09/23/08 04:26 PM
nice work! i love the new hurry up feature and can tell a big difference in the gameplay. i actually got a sack!

# 42 wooz123 @ 09/23/08 04:37 PM
Can you manually go into a no huddle offense now (like some teams do to keep certain defenses on the field and tire them out)? Hopefully this is an option.

# 43 KillyKillall @ 09/23/08 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY FIX THE EXPORTED PLAYBOOKS????

All the plays go into different formations marked "custom" so you can't tell what each play is until you click on it. It makes using them in a game EXTREMELY difficult.

You probably need to type this in a bigger font. The devs probably can't hear you.

Also, if you're posting criticisms, they prefer that it be in pink.

# 44 natcret @ 09/23/08 06:49 PM
Thank you so much for the patch guys. I can't wait to get the 360 fired up and check out the changes. Thanks to all the Devs who are really working hard to make HC a great experience!

Regards,

Nat

# 45 SloeyEZ @ 09/23/08 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillyKillall
You probably need to type this in a bigger font. The devs probably can't hear you.

Also, if you're posting criticisms, they prefer that it be in pink.

# 46 icepikk @ 09/23/08 06:59 PM
well this is the spot where we are supposed to post problems we may find in the patch right? Well I have found one for me that sucks and maybe there is a way to clarify how to get past it cuz if not and i have to start my career over im gonna be upset and may not play any more so hopefully i can get this worked out.

I am in my 3rd season, and i used play creator so i had the injury bug. i havent played the game the past 3 weeks waiting to get the patch so my guys would actually get hurt and fatigued and i could have a reason to invest in good back ups and more than 1 or 2 rbs plus the whole contract negotiations and fumble problem cuz it was dwindling my enjoyment in the game. Well i have noticed a lot of the things the patch was supposed to bring, the ability to see next year penalties, better fgs, the hurry up offense and all that. But then comes the bad part. 2nd play of the game, fumble, 1 of 3 in the game which seems just like the others. Then the fact that the fatigue for all of my guys stays at 100 the whole game and nobody gets injured. i chalked it up to maybe its cuz i was right at a game and so i would go into a second one before i would post this, but after 2 games, same thing. i know it was said over and over again that it would apply to our already established saved games, but only parts of it seem to be taking effect for me. Any reason why this is or am i SOL and have to start all over again after i have invested so much time in my team?

# 47 joepa2624 @ 09/23/08 09:26 PM
So I'm 3 games into my new Titans career and Chris Johnson has fumbled 7 times. I know his carrying rating is only a 69 but what the hell?

# 48 bigrice25 @ 09/23/08 09:35 PM
great news...
now i can finally sink my teeth into this game.

# 49 ofdman @ 09/23/08 11:18 PM
What about the audio problem? The one where we have no play by play guy!! He shows up every 15 games or so for a few minutes and then...POOF! He's gone gain.

STILL surprised not many people mention this. I believe its because most dont even know there IS a play by play announcer (and 'm not talking about the PA announcer)

# 50 Regent @ 09/23/08 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
What about the audio problem? The one where we have no play by play guy!! He shows up every 15 games or so for a few minutes and then...POOF! He's gone gain.

STILL surprised not many people mention this. I believe its because most dont even know there IS a play by play announcer (and 'm not talking about the PA announcer)
LOL, you can count me among the ones who never knew there was a play by play announcer. I picked up the CE on launch day and play regularly, I've NEVER heard him. I turn down my coaches just so I can kind of hear the PA announcer.

# 51 wooz123 @ 09/24/08 12:16 AM
I would love to hear the play by play announcer. Never heard it. Now the pa announcer I've heard one game. I would love to even hear that consistently. Wonder if that will be fixed in a future patch? I noticed on options play by play volume was a volume choice, I was thinking WTH?

Anyone have an answer on how to hear play by play?

# 52 Dan_Bekins @ 09/24/08 12:57 AM
Quote:

We decided any fixes related to audio were too high-risk for the patch, especially with all the problems we had trying to repro the PS3 audio drop-out.

Our biggest concern was introducing new bugs. I'm personally still sweating it out a bit, as I'm deathly afraid of breaking something new.

# 53 Dan_Bekins @ 09/24/08 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icepikk
Then the fact that the fatigue for all of my guys stays at 100 the whole game and nobody gets injured. i chalked it up to maybe its cuz i was right at a game and so i would go into a second one before i would post this, but after 2 games, same thing. i know it was said over and over again that it would apply to our already established saved games, but only parts of it seem to be taking effect for me. Any reason why this is or am i SOL and have to start all over again after i have invested so much time in my team?
Try going into Play Creator and coming back out before your next game. The plan was that injuries would always turn back on after exiting Play Creator. I didn't implement this fix, but I *hope* that's how it was implemented.

If that doesn't work, I'll be frustrated.

# 54 MikeGiani @ 09/24/08 01:57 AM
Thx for the patch guys...

So just a few questions....

1. So if I actually watch the game now and don't supersim....the passing game is turned down?

2. Do slider changes take into effect when you supersim?

# 55 SloeyEZ @ 09/24/08 03:27 AM
Quote:

wait wait wait wait wait...are you telling me there is an announcer OTHER than the PA Play by Play????

I'm seriously doubting this and in shock if there is. I've played 2 years and have never heard any announcer besides the PA (he announces what happens each play and when there is a timeout etc.) and turned the crowd to 0 to hear him.

Is there honestly ANOTHER announcer in the game like a broadcaster play by play??? I'm seriously doubting this.

# 56 jfsolo @ 09/24/08 08:39 AM
Since it was only one game, it could be a placebo effect, but I feel like they made a lot of "stealth" tunes to this game. All for the better in my opinion.

I didn't see one running back run backwards out of a hole, receivers dropped a few wide open catches, defenders attacked the ball better in the air.

My QB had a completion rate of 47% in the game, in more than 20 games played before this one it was never less than 65%. I only had 168 yards in total offense.

The score was 20-17, but it was a defensive struggle, only one of the touchdowns scored was the result of a long drive.

We'll see how things are after I play some more games.

# 57 SinsemillArmy @ 09/24/08 09:19 AM
I srtaed a new franchise last night in the preseason and I am pretty sure that RFAs are still not working properly.
I gave level 2 tenders to 3 players, none were resigned, and I received no compensatory picks. I also didnt see any clipboard notifications about them at all. I did see notifications for other teams RFAs, just not mine.

Am I missing something, or is this still broken?

# 58 slingblade73 @ 09/24/08 11:22 AM
I sure would like to see the playbooks overhauled. Add create a formation or the ability to add them to the formation you edited.

# 59 Jukeman @ 09/24/08 11:54 AM
did the patch fix the problem where most players don't get credited with a start even tho they clearly started the game, this happen while in-game and using super sim but not the regular sim. other than the passing game this the reason I only sim the games, it's minor but most of my players while cry about playing time and the incentive to start all 16 games will be pointless

# 60 KillyKillall @ 09/24/08 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
wait wait wait wait wait...are you telling me there is an announcer OTHER than the PA Play by Play????

I'm seriously doubting this and in shock if there is. I've played 2 years and have never heard any announcer besides the PA (he announces what happens each play and when there is a timeout etc.) and turned the crowd to 0 to hear him.

Is there honestly ANOTHER announcer in the game like a broadcaster play by play??? I'm seriously doubting this.
I'm on the same page with you on this one SloeyEZ. I've played a few years now and NEVER heard any type of play by play announcer.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.