Home
News Post

Read the full press release, right here.

Quote:
"2K Sports, the sports publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced details for The Other Season, a freshly unique online fantasy league for the highly anticipated basketball title NBA 2K9. With a new twist on the fantasy sports phenomenon, eight real life NBA superstars have signed up to participate as team owners, while online gamers playing exclusively on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network and PlayStation®Network will have the exciting opportunity to be drafted onto one of the NBA superstars’ NBA 2K9 fantasy team."

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 phlipmode @ 10/02/08 12:07 PM
cool

# 2 youvalss @ 10/02/08 01:44 PM
Wow, nice!

# 3 Rockafella2x @ 10/02/08 01:51 PM
wow so I guess this has potential

# 4 GoDsSoN770 @ 10/02/08 01:51 PM
Dayumm!

Sounds sweet!

# 5 TMagic @ 10/02/08 01:57 PM
How many of you really plan on trying to make it on one of the squads?

# 6 RubenDouglas @ 10/02/08 02:01 PM
50,000 gamers vieing for approx. 80 slots.. that makes sense.

i hope the 49,920 others can view the games or be involved in the process a bit. it almost seems like a backroom "gentlemans hierarchy club" where the common folk will just move on with life and not even care. they really need to bring the fun and possibly allow players to get waived in favor of others. give people incentive

# 7 TMagic @ 10/02/08 02:19 PM
The one thing that troubles me with this is, what type of players are going to be chosen?

Will the only users chosen be the so called "cheesers" and anyone else who just does anything it takes to win?

If they are the ones that are always winning, and those are going to be the ones chosen, then that really doesn't give any of us "sim heads" a fair shot at this contest.

# 8 Rockafella2x @ 10/02/08 02:23 PM
Quote:
Fans can now sign-up online to receive registration information for the NBA 2K9 fantasy league draft through www.theotherseason.com, and while every player who registers and participates will be drafted, fans can make their own pitch for why they should be drafted to a specific team by describing their strengths and weaknesses, platform they play on, gamertag,
this has me scratching my head how many players will be on each team?

# 9 RubenDouglas @ 10/02/08 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockafella2x
this has me scratching my head how many players will be on each team?
NOT should be through... while all of them may NOT be drafted, fans can still participate.. HUGE TYPO

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.