Home
MLB Stickball News Post

2K Sports today announced that MLB® Stickball, an exciting, fast-paced, multiplayer game that puts gamers against each other to see whose team can win a classic game of stickball, is now available on the Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

In MLB® Stickball, gamers can buy and collect packs of Topps “Big Head” Major League Baseball cards. Each time a pack is opened, those players are unlocked and added to each Major League team to play!

Part of the fun of stickball is the custom rules for each city, just like the rules kids create when they play in their own neighborhoods! MLB® Stickball can be played on the streets of a number of big cities, including New York, San Francisco and Boston. In addition to scoring runs in the stickball game itself, there will be objects scattered throughout each environment that serve as targets or hazards for the batter. Smack the ball off the fire hydrant and get it to spray water into the street and your team will be richly rewarded; break a window, though, and you’re out!

MLB® Stickball costs 800 Microsoft points.

Game: MLB StickballReader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 FlyerFanatic08 @ 10/08/08 01:03 PM
i d-loaded it...its pretty fun..i gotta get the pitching down though...its similar to mvp 2003 from back in the day...with the meter and you let go...but it seems its faster so you gotta get used to the timing

EDIT: anybody down for starting an OS league? we could all choose teams and create a set of rules...just have everyone setup matches against each other?

# 2 kerosene31 @ 10/08/08 08:16 PM
It is a fun little game from the demo. Not sure if I'll buy though. Once you get the timing of the hitting down it seems pretty basic.

# 3 RedLine @ 10/08/08 09:03 PM
I think I will DL it when I get home to check it out.

However, the IGN review does not inspire me too much. They gave it a 3! Read here: http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/917/917633p1.html

# 4 kerosene31 @ 10/09/08 08:53 AM
Based on the demo that review was pretty harsh. It seems like a fun little game.

# 5 FlyerFanatic08 @ 10/09/08 02:01 PM
that review was ridiculous. i mean it would be nice to control the outfielders...but its a fun little game imo. i'm sure a lot might get bored of it quick..but i think its alright

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.