Home
News Post

Peter Moore has updated his blog and talks about the Fight Night Round 4 reveal.

Quote:
"While I hope one day boxing does make a return to network TV, in the meantime the best place for fighting fans to get their fix is our Fight Night franchise. I hope you'll all be watching the Spike VGAs live this Sunday, where I'll be joined by a special guest on stage to show the world premiere of Fight Night Round 4. Fight Night Round 3 remains one of the most critically and commercially successful games of this hardware generation, and I'll never forget when I saw the first concept video of the game back more than two years ago. On Sunday, you're going to see something never before seen in a videogame. And next summer, I'm confident you'll see a game that will build on the rich heritage of this great franchise."

Pasta Padre talks about it as well.

Quote:
"The last time Moore made a statement as strong as that it had to do with NBA Live 09’s 365 feature. Before it was announced he referred to it as “ground-breaking”…and that it was. So can EA deliver something never seen before with FNR4? And what do you think that could be?"

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SHAKYR @ 12/10/08 08:53 PM
Dang! You fast I was just about to post this..LOL. I hope Peter Moore isn't lying or just doing a Don King move. They have until the summer to get this game right.

# 2 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/10/08 10:14 PM
The summer is too far away! I can't wait to see the new footage.

# 3 edubbs @ 12/10/08 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Dang! You fast I was just about to post this..LOL. I hope Peter Moore isn't lying or just doing a Don King move. They have until the summer to get this game right.

I thought this game came out in the spring?

# 4 SHAKYR @ 12/10/08 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
I thought this game came out in the spring?

it originally was between Apil and June, but I guess they want to give the game some more fine tuning.

# 5 PRGUY85 @ 12/10/08 11:05 PM
Spectator Mode Spectator Mode Spectator Mode

I can dream can't I?

# 6 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/10/08 11:32 PM
Does anyone know if this will utilize the Xbox vision camera? Tiger and Facebreaker did so I'm hoping this follows suit. This is one game that I would love to see my likeness in while competing.

# 7 Stroehms @ 12/11/08 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Does anyone know if this will utilize the Xbox vision camera? Tiger and Facebreaker did so I'm hoping this follows suit. This is one game that I would love to see my likeness in while competing.
This would be awesome and I can't wait until sunday.

Anyone going to post it on OS?

# 8 statum71 @ 12/11/08 01:31 AM
Mannnnnnn. I really hope EA gets boxing presentation right this time.

IMPROVED CAREER MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 9 Jeru3131 @ 12/11/08 10:06 AM
If I had a guess I would say they will put it in there. Facebreaker, another ea game, had it. I would say definetely. And, I might add, it will improve this game for me ten fold. Seeing an eerily similar version of myself on tiger was the best thing about the last game.

# 10 Money99 @ 12/11/08 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Mannnnnnn. I really hope EA gets boxing presentation right this time.

IMPROVED CAREER MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Presentation is going to be one of the high points for FNrd4.
As far as the Career Mode goes, I'm not going to hold my breath.

FNrd4 almost seems like a 'reboot' so I think the guys are concentrating a lot more on gameplay - which is where they should.

But I have to say, that I'm still disappointed that in the last 15 years of boxing games, Evander Holyfield boxing still has a deeper career mode on a 16-bit platform than all of the new more powerful consoles.

Victorious Boxers 2 has an insanely deep career mode. But since it's an Import game, and mostly in Japanese, it's not as accesable to everyone.

If FNRd4 had even half of what VB2 has in this regard, I'd be extremely happy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.