Home
News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted their exclusive first look at MLB '09: The Show, including some new screenshots.

Quote:
"Think A-Rod chokes in the clutch? Ever shout "Dodgers suck!" or yell "Drewwwwwww" when J.D. walks up to the plate? MLB 09 is about to bring out the crazed fan in all of us as not only can you record your voice screaming anything from "Where's Madonna?" to "we want a pitcher not a belly itcher" and put it in the game thanks to peripherals like the Rock Band mic and wireless headset, the fan yells will sound like your voice actually coming from the stands. You can even assign the recordings to be part of a chant and your voice will be put through a new process so that it sounds more like a crowd chanting "over-rated" and not just a single person yelling."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Knight165 @ 12/19/08 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
ok...now I'm waiting to hear about the Rule 5 draft and the option years for minor league players.
You might have to change your shorts again......

A guy asks about the 40 man rosters.....(meaning Sept...callups)

Chris calls in the expert
...Paging Kolbe....

"Kolbe to the OS forums.... Kolbe to the OS forums, please...."

Kolbe responds....
../sings a soothing song

I ask this....quoting your own question...
Quote:

here is where you asked about waiver wire options and such..

all I'm waiting on is to here they have:

Waivers
Option years for minor leaguers
Rule 5 draft

And I'll be happy as can be.

Kolbe

If you can sing a soothing hymn to this.....I think that would do it....a complete breakdown for some of us......
I'm willing to take it though.

To which Kolbe responds....
..The song has a few more verses than what you've listed.

-Kolbe

I'm taking that as a yes!!!!....

I guess you just missed it in that other thread

M.K.
Knight165

# 142 theaub @ 12/19/08 10:26 PM
Waivers are there according to the preview. One would have to figure that means option years.

# 143 countryboy @ 12/19/08 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You might have to change your shorts again......

A guy asks about the 40 man rosters.....(meaning Sept...callups)

Chris calls in the expert
...Paging Kolbe....

"Kolbe to the OS forums.... Kolbe to the OS forums, please...."

Kolbe responds....
../sings a soothing song

I ask this....quoting your own question...
Quote:

here is where you asked about waiver wire options and such..

all I'm waiting on is to here they have:

Waivers
Option years for minor leaguers
Rule 5 draft

And I'll be happy as can be.

Kolbe

If you can sing a soothing hymn to this.....I think that would do it....a complete breakdown for some of us......
I'm willing to take it though.

To which Kolbe responds....
..The song has a few more verses than what you've listed.

-Kolbe

I'm taking that as a yes!!!!....

I guess you just missed it in that other thread

M.K.
Knight165

Man, I have a lot of shorts to wash tomorrow.

Thanks Knight, I completely forgot about that. I am so caught up in emotion right now with this game. I always wondered what a baseball game would be like if you combined the ASB's franchise mode and the Show's everything else and I think we're about to find out. Thanks again for the reminder.

# 144 countryboy @ 12/19/08 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
Waivers are there according to the preview. One would have to figure that means option years.
you're right..

Well, I just committed the first error of the year.

# 145 Rob_NYY @ 12/19/08 10:31 PM
The player models don't phase me at all. As long as batting stances and pitching motions are accurate, that's all I care about. Thankfully it's been confirmed that BSG's mocaps are being used in 09. Now all I hope to hear is that they got somebody just as good to do the pitching motions.

And, as somebody else mentioned, accessories! This area of The Show is so lacking. The choices of pant styles, shirt styles, shin guards, elbow pads, wrist and elbow bands are so limited. And the fact that you can't change the color is dumb. Plus there are no eye glasses, goggles, sunglasses, eye black, etc.

As for the screens, AWESOME. New Yankee Stadium looks great, I can't wait to play there. It's a little thing, but I hope the SCEA guys shave Swisher. Yankee players aren't allowed facial hair below the lip. They shaved Damon back in MLB 07 on short notice, I hope they have time to shave Swish.

# 146 Knight165 @ 12/19/08 10:37 PM
Quote:
Man, I have a lot of shorts to wash tomorrow.

Thanks Knight, I completely forgot about that. I am so caught up in emotion right now with this game..
I found a couple of pics of countryboy and his family upon reading the preview thread...

Here he is a little later in the day..

Here he is telling a co-worker at the Christmas party about this years version of the Show..

and here is some video(turn your sound off )....when a reporter asked countryboy how he feels about the new features in MLB'09 The Show....

M.K.
Knight165

M.K.
Knight165

# 147 countryboy @ 12/19/08 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I found a couple of pics of countryboy and his family upon reading the preview thread...

Here he is a little later in the day..

Here he is telling a co-worker at the Christmas party about this years version of the Show..

and here is some video(turn your sound off )....when a reporter asked countryboy how he feels about the new features in MLB'09 The Show....

M.K.
Knight165

M.K.
Knight165

lol

actually its more like this...

# 148 BatsareBugs @ 12/19/08 10:55 PM
Waivers, if they are in, I will be glad to no longer see superstars lingering around in AAA because they are having a subpar season. Now that will be nice.

# 149 Lewis160 @ 12/19/08 11:08 PM
Are there any info on weather like rain i havent found no topics about it.

# 150 walezy @ 12/19/08 11:22 PM
Quote:
lol

actually its more like this...

ahahahahahaha that is so awesome

# 151 videobastard @ 12/19/08 11:22 PM
This is another must buy from the MLB the show series. Wow!

# 152 scottmac @ 12/19/08 11:38 PM
Wow I just read through 20 pages of posts. That is how much I am looking forward to this game. Looks excellent and the screenies look great

# 153 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 12/19/08 11:58 PM
Kolbe or Chris

I only have one question and you can answer it using any picture or symbol that you want.....Surprise me

I must know

In '09 using manual fielding will you finally be able to charge a ball with an outfielder and unleash a strong throw home while on the dead run ????

I have been hoping and preying that this is possible this year

# 154 jczar78 @ 12/20/08 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac
Wow I just read through 20 pages of posts. That is how much I am looking forward to this game. Looks excellent and the screenies look great
Just did the same thing, i'm anxiously waiting for more screen shots and actual game footage. Now back to playing 08.

# 155 Gagnon39 @ 12/20/08 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
I just dont play games enough anymore to justify owning a PS3. Sometimes I go weeks without playing. MLB The Show is about the only game I would want for it and thats just not enough.
I own a PS3 for two reasons. 1) for the blu-ray player but more importantly 2)for MLB The Show. It is the only game I have for the system.

# 156 Gagnon39 @ 12/20/08 12:25 AM
I want to know if they added angles this year making outfielders react more realistically.

# 157 Lusion @ 12/20/08 04:33 AM
Damn i wish this was on xbox360

# 158 Blzer @ 12/20/08 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by templeusox
- I suppose the player models are an issue if the programmers of the game admit they need changing, but I'm not sure what the real issue is. They look fine when the game is in motion...
Like many things, sometimes you don't know what is inferior (on a sensual basis) until you experience an improved version of that same thing.

With that being said, if we get the improved player models next year, you will notice the difference, and when you go back to MLB '07, you'll really see how far SCEA has come to making one of the most aesthetically pleasing video games on the PlayStation 3.

# 159 fgsfsfbbbrd @ 12/20/08 09:03 AM
im pretty sure i just died and went to heaven. ive been craving being able to do salary arbitration and expanded rosters.

# 160 Blzer @ 12/20/08 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
Is this for real???... nah, it couldn't be what I'm thinking, or could it?

Chris, Kolbe.... Brian please refrain from answering these Q's if you're thinking about doing so. I'd like to dream about weather conditions & signature swings through the rest of the holiday season. Thnx
I'm going to guess there are two options: one-handed and two-handed.

If they go beyond that, I'll be very impressed. The only problem is I doubt they've done like 200 of them, so when one on your team looks unique and the others look generic, it may look kind of awkward.

One thing I would prefer in this game before signature swings is signature strides, and by that I mean strides that are unique to the player's batting stance. Otherwise we get players with some different batting stance, looking all funky with their legs and bat waggle, then they revert to some generic stride where their bat is angled the same way as everybody else and they get rid of what they were just doing, and sometimes it can come off as awkward. That just may be me, though. The only game that I know that does this is Pro Yakyuu Spirits.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.