Home
News Post

MTV has posted MLB 09 The Show videos, that feature the new Yankees & Citi Field Stadiums.

Quote:
"You can’t go there yourself for several more weeks, but today you can virtually attend a game in the New Yankee Stadium. Developers for upcoming PlayStation 3 game “MLB 09: The Show” have rendered an epic Yankees game in the new building, with new stars C.C. Sabathia and Mark Teixeira in action — and they told us how they did it."

Direct links to videos:

Yankees Stadium
Citi Field Stadium

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Spear @ 01/13/09 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Mist
Too bad I can't watch it as I live outside the US (Canada).
Same issue here. Anybody know an alternate host to the videos?

# 62 bodhiball @ 01/13/09 06:20 PM
Aside from eyeblack and new looking bats, I just noticed Sleeves above the elbow (rather than just the 3/4 and long we had)....you can see them on Johan.

# 63 Blzer @ 01/13/09 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idesign2
I don't own a PS3 but have been contemplating getting one just so I can play The Show. After watching the Yankees video, though, I'm certain of one thing: If the home run camera is the same one seen at the 1:09 mark, I'm buying this game on Day One.

Many people demand accurate player renderings and animations when seeking a more realistic game. For me it's being able to play the game just as I watch it on TV. This game appears to do that better than any game I've ever seen.
Same, but I also hope that's the general fielding cam too.

I also also hope that's the pitching cam this year. It looks incredible! It has the delay off contact and everything, too.

Someone mentioned earlier about making contact late, and I saw that the first time too... I just didn't want to point it out after falling out of my chair seeing the next few seconds of footage. Nevertheless, it's there.

# 64 doughron @ 01/13/09 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Same issue here. Anybody know an alternate host to the videos?

Download Hotspot Shield. That's what I use and I can watch any video that gets blocked here in Canada (nbc.com, fox.com, etc.)

# 65 ps2king @ 01/13/09 06:25 PM
Wow that Yankee stadium video was amazing. I did a double take near the end. Damn that looked real

# 66 asu666 @ 01/13/09 06:26 PM
Okay, I needed new underwear anyway.

# 67 Skyboxer @ 01/13/09 06:32 PM
Pretty much....

# 68 The Bimmer @ 01/13/09 06:37 PM
Well that was awesome. Cant wait to take my Rays and brooms up to the new Yankee stadium this year!

# 69 Garrett67 @ 01/13/09 06:42 PM
Are we seeing a ball coming at us this year and not a white dot?
I ask because one view almost looked like the batting view and I saw a ball. ... but could have just been for the video.

oh, and change my name to Woodrow!

# 70 Garrett67 @ 01/13/09 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
You know I played this game today at my friends house. I was showing him some of the fielding things that needed attention, those slow throws to 2nd, etc., I don't get this white dot thing unless it's your t.v. We talked about this, replayed the game, watched it and the ball in The Show 08 has actually seams and tumbles when it's thrown.
Only in the replays, not while you're batting and pitching.
at least not when you play alone.

I've played it on my 56" 1080P TV, my 32" 720... looks the same, white dot.

in replays, its a real looking ball.

# 71 The Bimmer @ 01/13/09 06:57 PM
Not a big thing but i hope the clock in left field moves along with the game.

# 72 orthostud23 @ 01/13/09 07:01 PM
Both videos looked outstanding!!

# 73 Speedy @ 01/13/09 07:02 PM
Finally...I see the 1/2 sleeves right to the elbow; Johan was sporting them

# 74 RoyalBoyle78 @ 01/13/09 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
why is it every year the pitching and batting animations look the same? If one player can have a signature pitch delivery; (example; Cole Hamels,) why can't all pitchers at least have a better generic delivery? The classic example of what drives me nuts is that Johan Santana delivery...nobody pitches like that...
dude, really, take a walk, I bet you only own an Xbox or something, stop hating, it's getting annoying.

# 75 ghm125 @ 01/13/09 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
Both videos looked outstanding!!

no doubt!!!!!!!

# 76 ndnyy317 @ 01/13/09 07:26 PM
Noticed something in these two pics.

The manual scoreboard on the left center field wall is not seen in the first pic, but it is seen in the second pic. What's up with that?

# 77 ty5oke @ 01/13/09 07:28 PM
Whats going on with those pictures that mike posted? Am I seeing things, in 1 picture there seems to be some kind of scoreboard on the left outfield wall, the next pic doesn't seem to have it.

Edit: guess someone else noticed it too.

# 78 Rob_NYY @ 01/13/09 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnyy317
Noticed something in these two pics.

The manual scoreboard on the left center field wall is not seen in the first pic, but it is seen in the second pic. What's up with that?
The game is obviously unfinished. The first few vids and screens we see are from very early versions of the game.

# 79 countryboy @ 01/13/09 07:30 PM
2 different builds of the game is my guess, with neither one being the finished game. Russell has stated in other threads that before making any profound judgments, we should wait until we see the finished game.

# 80 funky_chicken @ 01/13/09 07:33 PM
I am already jacked for this game and those videos just made me even more excited. March can't come soon enough. My MLB 09 Cubs will be winning it all this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.