Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has just posted their MLB 09 The Show blog, featuring Franchise Mode enhancements.

Quote:
"Hey everyone - MLB FE team here to bring you the first installment of the MLB 09 The Show blogs. For this entry, we’ll be talking about some of the details that have gone into the Franchise mode enhancements.

When we set out this year’s plan, one of our goals was to blow out the personnel aspects of the Franchise experience. Starting with the beginning of spring training, the rosters you will carry into spring will be those of their real-life counterpart, the long awaited 40-man rosters. Now you will have to manage your Spring Training roster a little more carefully to ensure your young players get the looks they need.

Moving on to the regular season, you will now be dealing with many of the various roster-related items all GMs have to deal with. You will be in control of designating players for assignment, waiver transactions, handling Minor League options, and managing your 40-man roster. Once in June, you will have the Amateur Draft to participate in. Along with drafting players, the Amateur Draft also includes Supplemental picks for those teams that failed to re-sign Type A or Type B free agents in the offseason."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/13/09 08:01 PM
The thing that I see that might help cpu roster management is the minors options. If a player does not have any options left then he would have to accept a "demotion" to the minors, veterans usually take the FA route. This may prevent having superstars in the minors.

Have my fingers crossed!!!

# 62 Speedy @ 01/13/09 08:11 PM
Don't believe I ever remember a game being so hyped and quite possibly (at least the early stages) meet those expectations... Hopefully this will shut-up the people who think Madden's the best sporting game out there

Here's to a perfect and patch-less game!

# 63 ASB37 @ 01/13/09 10:18 PM
Wow this brings everything I loved about the ASB series to my favorite current gen baseball game. My grades are in danger this semester.

# 64 FriarFan @ 01/13/09 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
Wow this brings everything I loved about the ASB series to my favorite current gen baseball game. My grades are in danger this semester.
That's exactly what I was thinking...until MLB came along, ASB was the best baseball sim out there, IMHO. I never got on board with MVP. It felt too arcadey. '09 is going to cement MLB's title as best baseball game ever, in my mind.

# 65 kennyacid @ 01/13/09 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
rotflmfao i can imagin MK acting like that.

# 66 BDKiiing @ 01/14/09 12:57 AM
This is like amazing!

# 67 Infinite202 @ 01/14/09 02:28 AM
Now this is what I'm talking about.

# 68 Step2001 @ 01/14/09 03:41 AM
It all sounds real good. I hope the A.I. can handle all of the roster stuff.
That would be the only thing I could see that would mess this up.

Will the a.i. steal bases consistantly this year?

When is the draft? Where it should be during the season in June? OR Is it still at the beginning of the year, right before spring training?

# 69 scooteristkai @ 01/14/09 04:12 AM
The Amateur draft is in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001

When is the draft? Where it should be during the season in June? OR Is it still at the beginning of the year, right before spring training?

# 70 Rob_NYY @ 01/14/09 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001

Did you even read the blog? The Draft is in June, it's mentioned twice.

# 71 FocusYoMindOnDis @ 01/14/09 07:23 AM
HOLY MOSES!

i want to burst into a million pieces...i'm pumped out of my mind!

# 72 FocusYoMindOnDis @ 01/14/09 07:31 AM
i'll be waiving Luis Castillo so fast his agent wont know what to do with him...

# 73 S1ARk5 @ 01/14/09 10:09 AM
This looks amazing! I can not wait to go deep with this franchise.

# 74 x1Blumpkin1x @ 01/14/09 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusYoMindOnDis
i'll be waiving Luis Castillo so fast his agent wont know what to do with him...
Same here.

# 75 dtigers63 @ 01/14/09 11:03 AM
I think everyone has pretty much summed up my feelings on the improvements made in franchise mode,TREMENDOUS. However, the fact that these are being carried over to the season mode is a huge addition in my opinion. I also was one that constantly clamored for the 40 man roster to be implemented, so I just want to tell the SCEA guys GREAT JOB.
Someone mentioned above about them having to add single A and maybe even rookie league teams to accomadate all the added roster spots that the draft and waiver wire tranactions will be taking. Can one of the guys that will be in San Diego in a couple of weeks check this out and see how all of this works. I know that may be asking alot but if you get a chance it would be greatly appreciated.

# 76 Pared @ 01/14/09 11:45 AM
40 man rosters alone will make the game worth it for me.

# 77 Step2001 @ 01/14/09 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooteristkai
The Amateur draft is in June.

Thanks

# 78 Step2001 @ 01/14/09 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
Did you even read the blog? The Draft is in June, it's mentioned twice.

E-E-E-Easy now! I read the first page! Did not see anything. With what I read and had heard I left my post.

Thanks for the info! Sometimes when you don't have the time to read through 8 pages of posts, it easier to ask one question.

I have my answer to that one. Now I'll go looking for the a.i. question.

# 79 WatchdogXC @ 01/14/09 01:47 PM
Sounds Great!

Hopefully I can avoid going to arbitration in the game the way the Indians have since 1991 now that Shoppach is signed.

# 80 DubTrey1 @ 01/14/09 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
40 man rosters alone will make the game worth it for me.
What Pared said -

And man, SCEA is doing an absolutely awesome job at killing every sports title going right now. Soon, there will need to be a Show Holiday like those reserved for Madden. This game is becoming the holy grail for the PS3.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.