Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BadKermit @ 01/31/09 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdaniel1
Gamespot and IGN has posted the following MLB 2K9 media updates:
PS2 screenshots? Seriously?

# 2 Blzer @ 01/31/09 03:05 AM
I don't know why it is, but the same thing happened with PlayStation... does anyone else agree that the games start to look worse on old-gen systems as the years go by? Like MLB 2K5 looked better than MLB 2K9?

# 3 PVarck31 @ 01/31/09 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV
The fact that 2K is releasing screens of the PS2 version over the PS3/X-Box 360 version speaks all you need to know about how MLB 2K9 is going to turn out, sadly.
How in the world do you figure that??

# 4 jeffy777 @ 01/31/09 03:42 AM
Quote:
The fact that 2K is releasing screens of the PS2 version over the PS3/X-Box 360 version speaks all you need to know about how MLB 2K9 is going to turn out, sadly.
What??? We got screens for 360/PS3 first........

# 5 SoxFan01605 @ 01/31/09 05:50 AM
Quote:
I think you're right. By them doing this they might as wel say "Hi guys...framerate isn't fixed and them game will be crap!" Good lord 2K...get it together...

WAIT! I just had a thought...and this might seem crazy...lol.

It could be those pictures were in addition to the stuff they already released for the current systems. Not everyone has jumped forward...gotta provide subpar marketing for them too

# 6 TNKNGM @ 01/31/09 06:58 AM
Some of you guys are the biggest cry babies.........it's sickening.

You obviously missed the screenshots that have been out for almost a week from the 360 version and we all saw the video yesterday of "IN GAME FOOTAGE" from the 360 that was jaw dropping.

SO now 4 screenshots for the PS2 means the 360 version is going to suck - give me a Fn break and please stop with the whining.

# 7 e0820 @ 01/31/09 08:42 AM
Quote:
Considering there is alot more PS2's out there then 360s & PS3s why wouldnt Take2/2k want to get the screenshots out there? Its another market for them.

# 8 TNKNGM @ 01/31/09 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Please direct your comments specifically to the one crybaby in the thread and leave the rest of us alone. Thanks, and carry on...
Are you serious? Read the above posts - it's obviously directed at them.

# 9 SoxFan01605 @ 01/31/09 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Please direct your comments specifically to the one crybaby in the thread and leave the rest of us alone. Thanks, and carry on...
Now you're crying about being lumped with the cybabies...what a crybaby

This guy might just be onto something here...lol

# 10 TNKNGM @ 01/31/09 09:15 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...r-trailer?hd=1

Here is the in game footage......it was later clarified by 2K that this is not a generated video but is actual in game footage

# 11 punkmonk1021 @ 01/31/09 11:14 AM
The outfield wall at Citi Field is the wrong color. It's supposed to be blue.

# 12 MattNYY @ 01/31/09 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkmonk1021
The outfield wall at Citi Field is the wrong color. It's supposed to be blue.
No its not it is supposed to be green heres pics of citi field at this site
http://www.stadiumpage.com/

# 13 punkmonk1021 @ 01/31/09 12:22 PM
Actually in those pictures it's black which we know its deff not staying. And if you look at the renderings on the official mets site. they're blue http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ballpark/images.jsp

# 14 jeffy777 @ 01/31/09 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Some of you guys are the biggest cry babies.........it's sickening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Are you serious? Read the above posts - it's obviously directed at them.
I only saw one person complaining about the PS2 screenshots. Don't know who the other "guys" are you are referring too.....

# 15 SoxFan01605 @ 01/31/09 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Wait you mean the same "in game footage" video where it shows Lincecum releasing the ball, and then the ball quickly changing direction? It showed it on 2 parts of his pitches on that video.

The thing is it was the same exact problem in 2k8, and even Ron admitted that it was an issue but he said "it won't affect your gameplay." Cmon now...

Seriously, I agree that it looked wrong...but is that all you are going to mention? It's one short video trailer. If it's so horrible to you, why not just move on?

# 16 duke776 @ 01/31/09 06:06 PM
Quote:
Wait you mean the same "in game footage" video where it shows Lincecum releasing the ball, and then the ball quickly changing direction? It showed it on 2 parts of his pitches on that video.

The thing is it was the same exact problem in 2k8, and even Ron admitted that it was an issue but he said "it won't affect your gameplay." Cmon now...
If it was a problem in 2k8, then I'm not going to worry about it. I never noticed it while playing...but I realize that other people may notice it, but I'm just glad I didn't. I do notice it on the close up, but just during normal play it wasn't visible to me.

# 17 areobee401 @ 01/31/09 06:06 PM
I don't see what the big deal is about PS2 screens being released. If we saw PS2 pics or video before PS3/360 I could see reason to complain.

# 18 brendanrfoley @ 01/31/09 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
If it was a problem in 2k8, then I'm not going to worry about it. I never noticed it while playing...but I realize that other people may notice it, but I'm just glad I didn't. I do notice it on the close up, but just during normal play it wasn't visible to me.
Same here. I never noticed it in MLB 2K8, and to be honest, I have hard time seeing it now.

# 19 DaveDQ @ 01/31/09 09:16 PM
Quote:

Seriously, do you play the game that zoomed in and notice these things? There's a ton of stuff going on that doesn't go on in an MLB game but you just haven't noticed it yet. If these are the things you put your energy into, you will continually be let down and will never find satisfaction.

# 20 SoxFan01605 @ 01/31/09 10:25 PM
Quote:
Well we've only seen 1 video so far so thats all I have to base it on. Granted the game looks good, but thats what some of us are here to critique both the good ..and the bad.

And yes I have said some good things about the video as well. I'm not the devil bro.

lol...never called you the devil. Believe it or not I'm a level headed person. I also never said you have to comment on the good vs bad. I agree with the original point you made. It could be a concern.

What you're doing with the small bit of info though is beating it to death. Wasn't it you who also created the "man look at how horrible this is in 2K" thread over in The Show forum too? I think that particular horse is sufficiently punished

All I'm saying is you made you're point numerous times and people have responded (most in agreement actually, though with varying levels of concern for the issue). There's nothing gained from constantly going back to it. To continue on could be considered trolling. Not saying that's your intention...just pointing it out.

Peace

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.