Home
News Post

IGN has posted some MLB '09: The Show videos.

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bodhiball @ 02/04/09 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
nope, but I think he might have impersonated him on that show.

Doug Henning!!!!

(born in 73 baby)

# 42 The Bimmer @ 02/04/09 09:43 PM
I dont intend to start anything by saying this, but there is "SIMPLY NO COMPETITION THIS YEAR"! Those videos show a dramatic upgrade from last year. Thanks SECA for this game.

# 43 Darkleaf @ 02/04/09 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Game looks unreal. Great f'n job guys!!!

On a side note Ryan Howard pissed me off, by admiring his shot. Dude needs to get straight cheese to the chin after that nonsense.

LOL So true that's the first thing I'm doing tomorrow!

# 44 kt-od @ 02/04/09 09:58 PM
Man the game looks so sweet. I'm so ready to have it in my hands.

On a side note, Astros jerseys are still wrong . The MLB style guide editors has yet to correct this? hmmm...

# 45 Knight165 @ 02/04/09 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Ok Knight between you and Jim I do not know who is worse. I want tap out pictures of you posted immediately. I will take the one with the tears!
Haha!

I got a good laugh at this one nem...

I'm sure those pics will be up soon!

M.K.
Knight165

# 46 JermaineDye05 @ 02/04/09 10:07 PM
I'm getting really excited for the new HR cams. How great would it be if they even got Quentin's bat flip in there? I would go nuts. Even if it isn't there's always next year for that small detail. Either way this game is going to be sick.

# 47 TeixeiraFanatic @ 02/04/09 10:16 PM
Oops double post. Second one is better.

# 48 TeixeiraFanatic @ 02/04/09 10:17 PM
One thing that has always bugged me is the batter's steps. I love how SCEA brought in the batting stance guy to fix their stances but i'd like to see correct steps like the load n unload( Prince Fielder ) , the normal step( Albert Pujols ) , and the lift of the toe ( Jim Edmonds ). If anyone knows what i'm talking about explain it to the others please. One thing that's bothered me is that a lot of players have the same step, but i do love the high leg kick by Holliday in the first video.

# 49 wrigleyville33 @ 02/04/09 10:22 PM
The holiday clip in the first vid is amazing. The reflections are incredible off the helmet. Wow.

# 50 bodhiball @ 02/04/09 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Hey someone post a pic of that Hippie freak magic man , he scared me more than clowns
wow
thats all I can say...

# 51 Darkleaf @ 02/04/09 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike360
First of all, the magic man renders me speechless. Who exactly is that guy ? Second, I can hardly believe that I'm gonna buy a PS3 just for MLB The Show, but that game is built like a rock. I don't own any consoles, but I did have an XBOX 360 once and played MLB 2K7. I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was great either - too many HRs. Then, I played MLB The Show '08 at my brother's place. I'm sucked in from that point on. Then, about 5 minutes ago, I check out The Show 09 trailers released today and I see that the creators of this game are very professional and don't add features that are a waste - no gimmicks.. So, MLB The Show alone has convinced me to buy a PS3.

Welcome Mike360! Enjoy The Show.

# 52 nemesis04 @ 02/04/09 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike360
First of all, the magic man renders me speechless. Who exactly is that guy ? Second, I can hardly believe that I'm gonna buy a PS3 just for MLB The Show, but that game is built like a rock. I don't own any consoles, but I did have an XBOX 360 once and played MLB 2K7. I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was great either - too many HRs. Then, I played MLB The Show '08 at my brother's place. I'm sucked in from that point on. Then, about 5 minutes ago, I check out The Show 09 trailers released today and I see that the creators of this game are very professional and don't add features that are a waste - no gimmicks.. So, MLB The Show alone has convinced me to buy a PS3.
You will have to change your name to mikePS3 instead of Mike360.

# 53 ASB37 @ 02/04/09 10:56 PM
Wow, every little thing I've picked up in these videos have my jaw on the floor. I really have no idea how SCEA can do it year in and year out but you guys deserve all the praise in the world.

-Vasgersian talking about the strike called a ball in the Upton video, followed by I think Huddler name dropping the ump and saying how he has a small zone was incredible to hear.

-The new intro that fades to black- talk about something so little adding to the immersion. WOW.

-The crowd- While some of the twins stood out, the sounds were great. I heard someone yell "C'mon Ryan" Right before he hit the HR.

-The Ump checking out the bat...LOL!

Overall impressive stuff, and I still have some of the videos left to watch.

# 54 mlblover15 @ 02/04/09 11:24 PM
well im wondering... if now that we have at least one ump with a name we now have full on box scores in franchise (not exb or play now games who cares about those) with ump names, time of game, weather, LOB, pitcher ball to strikes and pitch totals and all the other stuff you see as you gaze deeply into a box score.. but most importantly hopefully they will say the umpires names before games so you know who is behind the plate each game so you can track them and go... "oh ok this guy is a wide strike caller id better change my approach" or whatever...

# 55 nemesis04 @ 02/04/09 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
well im wondering... if now that we have at least one ump with a name we now have full on box scores in franchise (not exb or play now games who cares about those) with ump names, time of game, weather, LOB, pitcher ball to strikes and pitch totals and all the other stuff you see as you gaze deeply into a box score.. but most importantly hopefully they will say the umpires names before games so you know who is behind the plate each game so you can track them and go... "oh ok this guy is a wide strike caller id better change my approach" or whatever...
They all have names and an overlay lineup will list where the umps are stationed.

# 56 BDKiiing @ 02/04/09 11:31 PM
these are awesome i love the ump ducking out on the ball down the line. oh and if its possible would some one be able to get a still of pujols at the :34 mark...if possible. but i must say it looks amazing!

# 57 Knight165 @ 02/04/09 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
They all have names and an overlay lineup will list where the umps are stationed.
Yes...and there is some nice commentary to go with some of them.(besides what you heard)

M.K.
Knight165

# 58 riDIRKulous41 @ 02/04/09 11:56 PM
I come home from the Mavs game and this is what im rewarded with....

How the $%#% do you guys make something liike this? It is unbelievable what i just saw...

PROPS to all you guys at SCEA!!!!!!!!

# 59 kennyacid @ 02/04/09 11:59 PM
i like (in the vid when howard is having a little convo) when the fan stood up and starts to go somewhere.

# 60 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 02/04/09 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riDIRKulous41
How the $%#% do you guys make something liike this? It is unbelievable what i just saw...
I think this has already been answered....Magic!

Chris

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.