Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA Sports just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers gameplay camera presentation.

Quote:
"This year we were able to convert our gameplay cameras to a new system that can be tuned by the designers on the team while playing the game. The benefit to this is we now have the ability to prototype new camera angles quickly and see how we can make your view of the game even better and more dynamic.

One aspect of the new tech is the camera’s ability to frame all of your receiver options on-screen as much as possible. What we do is have the camera behave like a turret on your head and as you and the receivers move on the field the camera will focus at a calculated point on the field (called a proxy target) that will give you the best vantage point. We are able to add weights on the calculation that can force the camera to pay more attention to the QB’s location, the receivers, or even the player going out for the screen pass. In addition, we can lock this point to be a set distance from the line of scrimmage so that its location keeps a steady position instead of flying up, down, and all over the field as your receivers move in real time."

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TheWatcher @ 03/19/09 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
I really do feel that the unannounced feature will be the camera angles. Look guys go to the following site and clamor for the replay angles to be used during gameplay. My ID over there is Montoya4UNC. I 've really been corresponding with the developer but I need your help.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/b...ew/bid/3005045
Yeah I want the big shots to pop up in auto-replays, too. It would make a big difference to presentation, but if it's not in now then I doubt it will be.

# 42 bonannogiovanni @ 03/19/09 03:06 PM
OMT can you confirm there won't be referees on the field and the sidelines once again? Are we gonna have to wait 11?

thanks

# 43 OMT @ 03/19/09 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
OMT can you confirm there won't be referees on the field and the sidelines once again? Are we gonna have to wait 11?

thanks
I can neither confirm nor deny that at this point.

# 44 Tengo Juego @ 03/19/09 04:05 PM
I hope they minimize some of the space being used for the scoreboard. Its using too much space. Especially that darker/shadow area around it.

# 45 cj_vols13 @ 03/19/09 04:07 PM
How about a feature that increases defense awr for offenses running the same 4-5 plays during a game/season. I get sick of users running nothing but, the same 4-5 plays over and over.....esp the drag routes with 99speed guys.......

# 46 roadman @ 03/19/09 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
I guess it doesnt work in practice mode, and the bar is at all madden setting, cause i can drop back from the 35 to the other 35 and still throw a pass.
I only went into practice mode a few times.

I didn't say he couldn't throw a pass, the icons just disappeared, making it more difficult for him to see the wr's. By the time he noticed the icons disappeared, I had him sack and frustrated.

Before Madden went gold last year, Ian mentioned they were able to implement this into Madden to make it more difficult dropping back 15 yds or more.

# 47 edaddy @ 03/19/09 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsBoYee
Geez...when I saw this thread, my heart almost jumped and a tear almost appeared. I thought EA finally got it with the cameras. Then i read the article.

EA, if you continue to think that multiple camera angles that ARE PLAYABLE is what you DON'T need to implement then this silly stuff said here, then the only word you need to realize when you think of your game is....

FAIL.

To year after year have only one playable camera angle is a joke, and the product produced will continue to be a joke. Come on EA, you are better than this.
Good post and I think you speak for the majority of posters here!!!..OMT the one thing people have been asking for for years has been multiple camera angles..what is going on with that?...Primary feedback from last year improve DL/OL interaction,Improve WR/DB interaction, tone down wide open gameplay, and improve presentation to include different camera angles, You don't need a Community day to get that feedback..like my man said EA you are better than this..Thern again?....

# 48 bonannogiovanni @ 03/19/09 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Thanks for the confirmation!
Are you happy because he confirms no referees?!

# 49 wordtobigbird @ 03/19/09 09:23 PM
adding the action cam from madden and the kickoff angles from madden..

LOL nice.

ncaa is going to get killed by madden 10 this year based on the two different updates were getting.

# 50 gamecox3 @ 03/20/09 01:07 AM
This update really made ncaa 10 look like a rent to me.

Look at how the defenders are standing straight up and not moving. That has never happened in a real football game ever. Players don't just stand straight up and look at the quarterback. That is ridiculous, this didnt even happen on last gen. And look at the line, it looks just like last year same old animations where they are locked together. I was exited for this game until this screen. This looks like last years game with the cameras pulled back a little.

# 51 jdrhammer @ 03/20/09 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Rebel
Don't worry; Are you serious? I mean seriously, you're a little over a month from being done with the game and you're asking us no to worry? You're released scans of a game that seemingly isn't too much different from the sub par game you released last year and you're asking us not to worry? From the looks of the scans theirs still poor defensive mechanics, no refs on the field, no equipment updates such as dreads, eye black, multi colored or team oriented cleats, etc, same old Oline Dline interaction, etc, and you're asking us not to worry? Well let me assure you, I'm worried.
Please, Chill the F out. Quit running around like a spoiled kid. OMT is trying to listen to all he can and make all the improvements he can. There will still be serious features/changes/improvemnts over last year's version but they're not telling yet. Some things may get in, some may not. Quit the bitching.

# 52 mvb34 @ 03/20/09 09:32 AM
Quote:
Don't worry; Are you serious? I mean seriously, you're a little over a month from being done with the game and you're asking us no to worry? You're released scans of a game that seemingly isn't too much different from the sub par game you released last year and you're asking us not to worry? From the looks of the scans theirs still poor defensive mechanics, no refs on the field, no equipment updates such as dreads, eye black, multi colored or team oriented cleats, etc, same old Oline Dline interaction, etc, and you're asking us not to worry? Well let me assure you, I'm worried.
Since he's the one working on the game I think I'll take his word on don't worry...

# 53 Allaboutme @ 03/20/09 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Please, Chill the F out. Quit running around like a spoiled kid. OMT is trying to listen to all he can and make all the improvements he can. There will still be serious features/changes/improvemnts over last year's version but they're not telling yet. Some things may get in, some may not. Quit the bitching.
Ty for reiterating this ,l people just go off the top with speculations,calm down and wait if you dont like the game when it drops then dont buy it atleast their will be less complaints next year.

# 54 OMT @ 03/20/09 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Since he's the one working on the game I think I'll take his word on don't worry...
Not to mention that "Don't worry" was a reply to "Why is Florida wearing black shoes?"

# 55 jdrhammer @ 03/20/09 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Not to mention that "Don't worry" was a reply to "Why is Florida wearing black shoes?"
I find that UF's black shoes and socks support my conspiracy theory that we'll be able to choose and designate shoe & sock color. lol

Right, Adam???

# 56 kindella2 @ 03/20/09 11:41 AM
i think the additions are cool. whats funny is that everyone screaming about OL/DL interactions is that if they changed it to make the defensive line better then yall would be screaming sacks are too easy and it isnt realistic.

I dont care if refs are in the game just as long as they are present to call penalites.

It would be a nice addition to be able to change sock and shoe colors.

Can we get changeable hair in this game?

# 57 gamecox3 @ 03/20/09 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
i think the additions are cool. whats funny is that everyone screaming about OL/DL interactions is that if they changed it to make the defensive line better then yall would be screaming sacks are too easy and it isnt realistic.

I dont care if refs are in the game just as long as they are present to call penalites.

It would be a nice addition to be able to change sock and shoe colors.

Can we get changeable hair in this game?
I think everyone would be very happy if the made the OL/DL play realistic... I know thats at the top of my wishlish.

# 58 noplace @ 03/20/09 01:30 PM
Wow! From one of those screens it looks like the OL/DL has not been addressed. Why is the QB sanding 20 yrds outside the pocket with the OL/DL over there play patty cake. WTF?

# 59 mvb34 @ 03/20/09 02:23 PM
Quote:
As a consumer who's been disappointed with rehashes of a game that was once the best of it's kind, I believe I have the right to complain. Sure, it may get annoying, I can understand that, but if EA were to get it right, and give us the types of games they were giving us on last gen consoles, then there would be no reasons to complain. At this point in the franchises lifetime on next gen consoles, there isn't any reason for us not to get what we've been requesting for the last 3 years. Especially when great things are being done with the new Fight Night, and what was done with the new MLB the Show game. Devs are really starting to push the envelope, there isn't any reason I shouldn't be able to demand the same from EA.

You do know EA makes Fight Night? You do know Fight Night isn't on a yearly cycle. You do know the MLB the Show is built on one console PS3. You do know it only March. You do know in past years you wouldn't get any information about the upcoming games until the NFL draft.

# 60 BRETT40 @ 03/20/09 03:50 PM
in a cpu vs cpu game, will we get the side view like normal tv or will it be from the qb perspective?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.