Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Check out the online dynasty video from NCAA Football 10.

You can also check it out at the official site, along with a few other things.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Cyros @ 04/10/09 02:09 PM
I never got a recruit away from Notre Dame....unless you count the Gingerbread Man!

# 102 Dame @ 04/10/09 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
I never got a recruit away from Notre Dame....unless you count the Gingerbread Man!
Yeah I was never in the true running for him but I sure did want him

# 103 KingsRock91 @ 04/10/09 02:32 PM
Quote:
Are there going to be more offensive linemen and fullbacks in the recruiting pool?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
God, I hope so.
Agreed. Another major concern of mine. It's always frustrating that you have to "settle" on a 2*. Sure not every FB is not going to turn out to be a Jacob Hester, but a few solid ones each year would be nice.

# 104 I Peench @ 04/10/09 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRock91
Agreed. Another major concern of mine. It's always frustrating that you have to "settle" on a 2*. Sure not every FB is not going to turn out to be a Jacob Hester, but a few solid ones each year would be nice.
We absolutely need more quality FBs and TEs.

# 105 Aggies7 @ 04/10/09 10:24 PM
Looks good cant wait for release. Just about the only game I get excited for anymore.

# 106 floridagatorfan @ 04/11/09 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Could be b/c when u look at the rankings next to some teams Georgia is ranked #1 and as much as i love my dogs i know they won't be ranked #1 coming into this year game. lol. Also USC is ranked #4 and i know thats what they was ranked on 09 too.
The rankings our from last year but the ratings are updated. If you look at Georgia they're listed as B+ overall when last year I'm pretty sure they were and A+.

# 107 Jebus @ 04/11/09 08:56 AM
Omg that sounds so sweet.. Now all they have to do is make it region free so i can get it...

# 108 miami01 @ 04/11/09 10:24 AM
Competative recruiting sounds cools. This way if you are recruiting a 3* FB, for example, against smaller schools and you are a big school you can actually show the recruit how much better your school is than the other ones.

# 109 jbdeuce @ 04/11/09 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami01
Competative recruiting sounds cools. This way if you are recruiting a 3* FB, for example, against smaller schools and you are a big school you can actually show the recruit how much better your school is than the other ones.
Thats what I like too...I hate losing solid 3* kids to Florida Atlantic when i'm pitching early playing time in a BCS conference

# 110 I Peench @ 04/11/09 08:09 PM
I'll say it once, I'll say it again: PRESTIGE IS TOO EASILY GAINED/LOST. If you look closely, Notre Dame starts out as a 6 star prestige team. After a 9-4 season, they are moved to 5. That should NOT be the case at all.

# 111 youALREADYknow @ 04/11/09 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
I'll say it once, I'll say it again: PRESTIGE IS TOO EASILY GAINED/LOST. If you look closely, Notre Dame starts out as a 6 star prestige team. After a 9-4 season, they are moved to 5. That should NOT be the case at all.
Seconded. I've already complained about this all winter to two EA devs, so come on fellas... let's get this changed for release. It's possible that falls into the "tweaks" part of development, but it has to be changed.

# 112 TastyRambo @ 04/11/09 10:12 PM
yeah JAYMO76 teambuilder isnt for rosters and depth charts and such that would be under team management. I hope teambuilder is CAS : )

# 113 TrevJo @ 04/13/09 01:42 AM
Quote:
I don't think you have an appreciation for what a 6-star program is. There are only like 6 of them in the country at a given time.

# 114 I Peench @ 04/13/09 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
I don't think you have an appreciation for what a 6-star program is. There are only like 6 of them in the country at a given time.
pres⋅tige ******** type=text/javascript> var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://cache.lexico.com/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "17", "15", "", "6"); interfaceflash.addParam("loop", "false"); interfaceflash.addParam("quality", "high"); interfaceflash.addParam("menu", "false"); interfaceflash.addParam("salign", "t"); interfaceflash.addParam("FlashVars", "soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcache.lexico.com%2Fdictionar y%2Faudio%2Fluna%2FP07%2FP0763700.mp3&clkLog=http%3A%2F%2Fwzqa01oak%2Fi%2Fb.html%3Ft%3Da %26d%3Dd%26s%3Ddi%26c%3Da%26ti%3D1%26ai%3D51359%26 l%3Ddir%26o%3D0%26sv%3D00000000%26ip%3D%26u%3Daudi o"); interfaceflash.addParam('wmode','transparent');int erfaceflash.write(); [pre-steezh, -steej]
–noun
"Distinction or reputation attaching to a person or thing and thus possessing a cachet for others or for the public"

I don't think you have an appreciation for what I am trying to say. Should I be able to take Navy, go to 4 BCS bowls, and be a 6 star program? It goes both ways, sir.

And Notre Dame is the definition of a 6 star program. Their tradition is unparalleled. A 9-4 season shouldn't change that. If you disagree with me, then you disagree with the Devs. Notre Dame is a 6 star team year in and year out. Even after their 7 win season, and even after their 3 win season. If they were going to be demoted to 5 stars, it should have happend a couple years ago. I want to see consistent logic. Start them as a 5 star, I won't complain. Just make it harder to gain/lose prestige at any level...PERIOD

# 115 TrevJo @ 04/13/09 10:38 AM
Quote:
Should I be able to take Navy, go to 4 BCS bowls, and be a 6 star program?
You have a point here*, but...

Quote:
And Notre Dame is the definition of a 6 star program.
You are wrong here. They've won 1 bowl game in the last how many years? Against a down Hawaii team? There's no way in hell Notre Dame is a 6-star program.

Quote:
If you disagree with me, then you disagree with the Devs.
I certainly do.

Notre Dame's Program Tradition is Elite but their Coach Experience and Prestige should be low (I didn't check what they are by default in the game), their Championship Contender rating should be low, and their Campus Lifestyle rating should be average at best. How is that a 6-star program?

Tradition isn't everything! The point you keep missing is that there are other programs with excellent tradition that don't currently suck. That's the difference between 6 star and 5 star.

*The bigger problem in the Navy case is less the fast-rising prestige in the game, and more the fact that you can go to 4 straight BCS bowls with them in the game...

# 116 mangler @ 04/13/09 11:38 AM
Did anybody else notice on the ND Coaching Carousel screen that they have a 5-1 Rivalry Record? IIRC, you could only have 4 rivals in 09. That would be a nice addition.

# 117 WolverinesFinest @ 04/13/09 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Not really feeling the update. Fixing the bugs is to be expected IMO.

The 4* & 5* recruits that aren't available until the off-season is not a good idea. Even if you had reclassification those guys would get looks from some school.
I dont know if i'm the only person that noticed this but EA has already been doing this with their recruits. Although I havn't seen many 5* recruits left "untouched" (but there are a few sometimes), every off-season i see at least 6-10 4* recruits that have little interest in anyone. Simulate a season and look carefully down the prospect database, they're there.

# 118 Allaboutme @ 04/13/09 02:35 PM
Quote:

And Notre Dame is the definition of a 6 star program.
El o El

# 119 I Peench @ 04/13/09 03:16 PM
Well I can't assuage the hatred for Notre Dame, so I'm not even going to try. I just used them as an example for the fact that prestige is too easily gained or lost. Like I said with my Navy example, it goes both ways. I know Notre Dame haters love to express their opinions, but they have 8 national championships (Florida has 3). My whole argument is that "Prestige" shouldn't be just about recent history...

# 120 Russell_Kiniry_EA @ 04/13/09 06:33 PM
Just posted this in another board, felt it should be here as well:

Hey guys. We are really busy here as we are trying to get the game finished, so my responses are starting to become a lot less frequent... Sorry about that, but we are making a push to get the game as polished as we can for that July 14th release.

If you didn't listen to the EA Sports live today, do download it I think there is a link at the bottom of easportsworld.com/en_US. I talked a little bit about the Dynasty Video at the end of today's show.

Here are some quick answers from the posts I read through over the weekend:

Adaptive AI:
It is a gradual system, so basically it builds up... and builds down. The skill level is what drives how fast it goes either way. We are still tuning aspects of it so it's hard for me to give an exact breakdown of everything .

Also it takes into account the route, so you can't hide a player in different formations and call the same route for him. For example if you keep trying to call a streak from different formations, Adaptive AI will pick up on it.

Holding Recruits:
The idea is (as many of you have guessed) that we are simulating those guys that do not sign, fly under the radar, or just blow up their senior year. We had to cut out the reasons from the video for length purposes.

Recruits:
Not really a question, but I feel it's important. We've spent the last week or so really trying to fine tune the recruits that come into your Dynasty's... in NCAA 09 you would get too many "good" recruits. The goal is to only have a handful of recruits come into the nation with an OVR rating above 80 at each position. While there are some guys that can step up and play as true freshmen, there should not be as many as we've had in years past.

We are spending hours upon hours SIMing through seasons and logging the attributes of players both when they are created, and as they progress through the seasons. The goal is to create a situation where you need players to progress to juniors and seniors as opposed to simply "reloading" every year with freshmen.

You know... I really should just put together a blog on all the tuning/fixes for NCAA Football 10 Dynasty modes; the video really doesn't provide the details (just an overview).

-Russ

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.