Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 10 blog. This one features the importance of an early community day.

Quote:
"On April 10, we flew in 8 of the most hardcore Madden fans for a marathon testing day to get an extremely early look at our Alpha build and provide feedback based on where the game is thus far. You may ask, “What is new about this? Haven’t you had community events in the past?” Yes, we have done these before, but there are some key differences."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Hotlanta @ 04/13/09 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
Hotlanta, maybe team colored cleats? I never heard you say anything bout that just a guess...
No once eh? Dam mind readers need to leave me alone... lol

# 82 KANE699 @ 04/13/09 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
Hasselbeck unbuckles that chinstrap after every single play, it's been documented somewhere (NFL Network?), so I looked for the single-buckled chinstrap - its something that stands out to me with that particular player. It stood out to me and I pointed it out. I think it's pretty hypocritical of you to come out and say I was bitch*ng about a particular equipment innaccuraccy when you got to travel to Tiburon studios and test out the game just because this is exactly what you do with facemasks (and I was never one to say stop complaining or that it's nitpicky). It's not like I was hating on the screenshot either, so I don't see why you're trying to sweep in superhero style to defend it at all costs.
Maybe it's just the way you said it then, I know all about Hasselback's unbuckling thing, he got it from Favre as did Aaron Rodgers, I understand completely, but what im saying is, from what I can tell, I don't think chin straps are going to be an addable feature this year or maybe even at all with these helmets, only time will tell but at this point, im really happy with the leaps we have gotten, from here we can get into the smaller details such as chinstraps, chin strap pads, team visor clips etc. etc.

Sorry if i came off as an ******* but people bi**hing about that right off the back sorta rubbed me the wrong way.

# 83 NFLHITMAN @ 04/13/09 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN

It is POSSIBLE
Here is the post and my other post with the questions....

Ian and Michael young good work on the Seahawks!

I love the hand warmers and stuff but I have a question about them....

Hasselbeck will not use Handwarmers unless the weather dictates it. He is also wearing a Glove on his left hand in bad weather.

Few things I want to know if you could fix....

• Will the weather be a factor on the players accessories?
  • The chin strap as another fan pointed out is wrong.
  • The Hand Warmer Hasselbeck is using does not have a Seahawks logo on it.
  • The color of his wrist band is wrong.
Thanks for the the work! Michael Young you got your work cut out for you LOL. How many players play in the NFL? You have to disect each and everyone to make everyone happy on there uniforms

# 84 KANE699 @ 04/13/09 07:09 PM
Quote:
You are very detailed and I like it! As you can see the player changes things daily like the rest of us. Did you not see the pic I posted with the Hand Warmers being all Black? I like the hand warmers in this pic better and that was part of my questions on if the players will have them in cold weather games and stuff like that.
Saw it, but as far as equipment goes, I only like to go off pictures of the most recent games from the most recent season.

Just me.

# 85 swanlee @ 04/13/09 07:10 PM
nice blog, great screen shot and nice concept to getting some hard core guys to test while you could get changes in.

Hopefully someone brought up custom\multiple camera angles. all the Details in the world, cleats, hand warmers, gloves don't mean anything if you have no camera options to enjoy these details during gameplay.

# 86 KANE699 @ 04/13/09 07:12 PM
Also if you look at my picture, the wristband isn't exactly wrong.

He wore a black wristband last year, and in the cowboys game (his last game of the season) he wore a white wristband.

# 87 NFLHITMAN @ 04/13/09 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Eh i gotta agree with Kane on this one. I'm just as picky and as detailed oriented as some on here, but the post that Kane was responding too really seemed overly picky, to the point where its just getting comical. I mean, the wristbands wrong, the face masks wrong, the chin strap is wrong, his shirt is too tight, blah blah blah. I get it, its a player you recognize more than others, but at some point you just have to take what they give you and recognize that progress is being made.
You think we are critical here? Maybe you should take a look at Kane669 post on these issues. We are being nice compared to him

# 88 thudias @ 04/13/09 07:17 PM
Can anyone make out what this says?

# 89 monkeybutlerz @ 04/13/09 07:17 PM
Quote:
Eh i gotta agree with Kane on this one. I'm just as picky and as detailed oriented as some on here, but the post that Kane was responding too really seemed overly picky, to the point where its just getting comical. I mean, the wristbands wrong, the face masks wrong, the chin strap is wrong, his shirt is too tight, blah blah blah. I get it, its a player you recognize more than others, but at some point you just have to take what they give you and recognize that progress is being made.
I do recognize the progress being made and I understand the huge task of getting the proper equipment for each player. I personally only commented on the chin strap, not all the other stuff, because it's something that stood out to me (I'm not a player equipment guru likes others). I wasn't hating on the screen, in fact I said things are looking great, I was just pointing out a detail. If they're aware of it and can fix it in the future, that's great, it won't detract from my enjoyment either way to be honest. Just trying to interact, not senseless complaining.

# 90 bowdown2shadi @ 04/13/09 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Can anyone make out what this says?

Hell NO!

Ian has some sloppy *** handwriting

# 91 KANE699 @ 04/13/09 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I do recognize the progress being made and I understand the huge task of getting the proper equipment for each player. I personally only commented on the chin strap, not all the other stuff, because it's something that stood out to me (I'm not a player equipment guru likes others). I wasn't hating on the screen, in fact I said things are looking great, I was just pointing out a detail. If they're aware of it and can fix it in the future, that's great, it won't detract from my enjoyment either way to be honest. Just trying to interact, not senseless complaining.

Understandable then, but the chinstrap issue, personally I just don't know if its doable I didn't get an answer on it for this year or any future games. Perhaps I may have asked the wrong person though.

# 92 NFLHITMAN @ 04/13/09 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Also if you look at my picture, the wristband isn't exactly wrong.

He wore a black wristband last year, and in the cowboys game (his last game of the season) he wore a white wristband.
Yes but the Seahawks play in Seattle where it Rains a lot. Hasselbeck will use a pail of water in practice and dunk the football in it to mimic the rain. He will use gloves on his non throwing hand to help him grip it from the center. He tried gloves on his throwing hand and it didn't work.

You need to understand one thing about me Kane669.....

I love the Seahawks so much I have a Seahawks soda vending machine in my living room, Neon Seahawks country sign in living room, seahawks welcome mat at door, $300 leather seahawks jacket, Almost $300 authentic Seahawks jersey with my name on the back and the #12 for the 12th man, Steve Largent Authentic Jersey, A signed ball in its case from Matt hasselbeck and much much more.

Kane669 you love football and so do I but when it comes to the Seahawks I know them inside and out

The playoff game where Romo fumbled the game winning FG I was going crazy!! maybe thats why you are hating on me LOL

# 93 Ty @ 04/13/09 07:25 PM
Real helmet reflections?!?!

# 94 Hotlanta @ 04/13/09 07:26 PM
On the talk of accessories I'm calling out the next surprise one...NECK PADS

Cowboy Collar,
Butterfly Restrictor, Neck Roll...There coming man, there coming. lol

# 95 NFLHITMAN @ 04/13/09 07:26 PM
Quote:
Nah i understand man, and thats good. We need guys like you and Kane who post this stuff because i think its finally getting through to EA. I used to think i was the ONLY one who cared about this stuff until i started coming here. I mean one of the first things i used to do when i got madden was to go in to the edit player and make sure every player on my team was as close to their real life counterpart as possible. Im all for details.
Tell you the truth I only cared about the Seahawks

Maybe because I play so much of APF 2K8 and run NFL type of leagues it gets to me now. When I run a NFL type of league or join one in APF I will get there pictures and make them as true to life as possible in it.

# 96 thudias @ 04/13/09 07:29 PM
Quote:
Tell you the truth I only cared about the Seahawks

Maybe because I play so much of APF 2K8 and run NFL type of leagues it gets to me now. When I run a NFL type of league or join one in APF I will get there pictures and make them as true to life as possible in it.
OK OK OK we get it.

# 97 polamalu82 @ 04/13/09 07:29 PM
That Hasselbeck pick looks great. The only thing missing I saw was eye black. Glad to see hand warmers, looks nice. I wonder if the players will actually use the accessories? Maybe they could use them in cut sceens?

Seems like the game is really coming into its own. If the game plays as good as it looks, EA will see my $60 for sure.

# 98 KANE699 @ 04/13/09 07:31 PM
Nah im not hating on you but last year Hassellback didn't wear a glove on his non throwing hand.

Like I said I just go off last year. I could tell you what players wore in the 90's too trust me and im not just someone who pays attention to the cowboys I know many other players inside and out, you seem like a true fan I get it but what im saying is, it looks to me, based off last year (as long as thats a black wristband) that they got all of his equipment right. Sans eye black but that is added on the actual face during development so I hope they can get that addition in.

What's funny to me is there isn't a single picture of him wearing a glove in 2007 either.

# 99 lightning_78 @ 04/13/09 07:34 PM
Excellent blog and screen.

I can't wait to see the flood of members online on draft day.

# 100 KANE699 @ 04/13/09 07:34 PM
The day im 100% sure im right on someones equipment, and im wrong, is the day I put a bullet in my head.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.