Home
Backbreaker News Post

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sb24 @ 04/23/09 01:27 PM
Interesting.... They only show movement, not gameplay. Either way looks great and ill start to conside this MIGHT come out.

# 2 drae2 @ 04/23/09 01:31 PM
I can't get the link to play. Anyone else having this problem?

# 3 drae2 @ 04/23/09 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
Let the vid load all the way, than move the time scroll to give it a jump start.
Thanks. That crowd looks NUTS! Player movement looks very fluid. I'm guessing gameplay videos should be showing up soon.

# 4 Enigmatic52 @ 04/23/09 01:38 PM
Any way someone could post it as downloadable link? Can't get to that site from work.

# 5 Kitchens @ 04/23/09 02:01 PM
?moiizomxamn

(Add that to mediafire.com/)

# 6 CM Hooe @ 04/23/09 02:53 PM
Still waiting on, y'know, actual 11v11 football gameplay footage.

# 7 aholbert32 @ 04/23/09 04:25 PM
Still Vaporware.

# 8 Phobia @ 04/23/09 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Still Vaporware.
how is this video any different than the tackle alley clip. I agree with aholbert still vaporware

# 9 canes21 @ 04/23/09 04:49 PM
I Vaporware? Why would they go through all the trouble of making a game, intros, mini-games, different sock lengths, etc. and then never come out with it?

# 10 jared52 @ 04/23/09 05:05 PM
I don't think it's vaporware per se, but the marketing for this game so far has been a complete joke. I see people on the BB boards losing their minds over a video that was take by filming a TV showing a 14 sec clip of 7-8 players walking onto a field looking around a clapping. I would have been impressed with that in 2000 maybe, but since we don't have one shread of evidence that BB is going to be a decent playing football game, it's impossible to get excited about it. To me it's just funny watching people lose their minds over a 14 sec clip showing noting but walking. The tackle video was more telling than this.

# 11 Steve_OS @ 04/23/09 05:31 PM

# 12 Kitchens @ 04/23/09 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared52
I don't think it's vaporware per se, but the marketing for this game so far has been a complete joke.
All 1,000 people who know about this game aren't their entire target. If they had made a huge public announcement 2 years ago and gotten everybody hyped, only to stay quiet for 2 years, many people would completely forget about it. Now, it seems they plan on getting their name out there big time, and there's a very good chance that we'll see much more info.

# 13 av7 @ 04/23/09 07:44 PM
So was guys walking onto the field flapping their arms supposed to get me SO DAMN PUMPED I CANT WAIT?>!!?!??!

Ya show me 11 on 11.

# 14 CM Hooe @ 04/23/09 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I Vaporware? Why would they go through all the trouble of making a game, intros, mini-games, different sock lengths, etc. and then never come out with it?
So far all that's come out of this so-called Backbreaker project is a tech demo and this video, and some pictures. Hardly a game at this point.

I'm all for this game coming out (should it ever), but I'd like to see actual evidence that it's a game first before I get all worked up about it.

# 15 bkrich83 @ 04/23/09 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
So far all that's come out of this so-called Backbreaker project is a tech demo and this video, and some pictures. Hardly a game at this point.

I'm all for this game coming out (should it ever), but I'd like to see actual evidence that it's a game first before I get all worked up about it.
Agreed. This still has vaporware written all over it.

# 16 canes21 @ 04/23/09 10:49 PM
Tackle Alley... People always forget that video. How?

# 17 allBthere @ 04/24/09 12:41 AM
I want this vaporware spinnin' in my 360! Apparently E3 is their big unveil - if not, then I will lower my head and agree that it's a big hoax.

Aholbert, Phobia, I want to fight you both in UFC and if I - ....WHEN I win, I'll do a little backbreaker dance.

# 18 Phobia @ 04/24/09 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I want this vaporware spinnin' in my 360! Apparently E3 is their big unveil - if not, then I will lower my head and agree that it's a big hoax.

Aholbert, Phobia, I want to fight you both in UFC and if I - ....WHEN I win, I'll do a little backbreaker dance.
Good I will wear my trunks with all my Backbreaker endorsements all over them..........wait thats right it is still vaporware

# 19 spit_bubble @ 04/24/09 06:43 PM

This reminds me so much of those videos of Bigfoot that you see...

Hopefully this game turns out to be real, and not just a myth.

# 20 CM Hooe @ 04/25/09 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Tackle Alley... People always forget that video. How?
That Tackle Alley video is all fine and dandy and a fine demonstration of the technology they have created. In and of itself, that could be a fun mini-game as well.

However, the existence of Tackle Alley doesn't simultaneously demonstrate that Backbreaker is a fully-functioning and fun 11v11 football game. We've seen NO in-game footage to indicate that a game using the technology from the Tackle Alley video even exists, hence why I'm continuing to call what's come of this project to this point a tech demo.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.