Home
News Post

According to a post at the EA Forums, this might be the final roster for Fight Night Round 4.

Quote:
Mike Tyson
Muhammed Ali
Ricky Hatton
Sugar Ray Robinson
Thomas Hearns
Miguel Cotto
Shane Mosley
Jake Lamotta
Marvin Hagler
Roy Jones Jr
Carlos Monzon
Jermain Taylor
Kelly Pavlik
Manny Pacquaio
Pernell Whitaker
Julio Cesar Chavez
George Foreman
Joe Fraizer
Lennox Lewis
Sugary Ray Leonard
James Toney
Roberto Duran
Marco Antonio Barrera
Amin Askanien
Paulie Maliganggi
Kermit Cintron
Eddie Chambers
Arturo Gatti
Tommy Morrison
Corey Spinks
Sergio Mora
Fernando Montiel
Jorge Amando Arce Arementa
Anthony Mundine
Emannuel Augustus
Vinny Paz
Vivian Harris
Billy Dib
Diego Corrales
Erik Morales
Nate Campbell
Ronald Winky Wright
Yuriokis Gamboa
Nonito Donaire
Arthur Abraham
Joe Calzaghe
Robert Gurrero
Edwin Valero
Victor Ortiz

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Po Pimp @ 05/07/09 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Dude, you obviously don't know jack about boxing history or give Joe Louis the respect the man deserves. i'm sayin' this now Joe Louis...imo was the greatest HW of all-time...#1. like i said, he would have NO PROBLEM KOing ANY fighter of this decade...and that INCLUDES mini mike. and his HAND SPEED...LOW???

I can GUARANTEE you Louis' attributes would be higher than you think. i wish Brizzo would chime in here. where would he rank???

Ring Magazine's list of 100 greatest punchers of all time

* 1. Joe Louis
* 2. Sam Langford
* 3. Jimmy Wilde
* 4. Archie Moore
* 5. Sandy Saddler
* 6. Julian Jackson
* 7. Jack Dempsey
* 8. Bob Fitzsimmons
* 9. George Foreman
* 10. Earnie Shavers
* 11. Sugar Ray Robinson
* 12. Ruben Olivares
* 13. Wilfredo Gomez
* 14. Rocky Marciano
* 15. Sonny Liston
* 16. Mike Tyson
* 17. Bob Foster
* 18. Thomas Hearns
* 19. Khaosai Galaxy
* 20. Alexis Arguello
* 21. Carlos Zarate
* 22. Max Baer
* 23. Rocky Graziano
* 24. Matthew Saad Muhammad
* 25. Rocky Sekorski
* 26. Danny Lopez
* 27. Gerald McClellan
* 28. Roberto Duran
* 29. Rodrigo Valdez
* 30. Felix Trinidad
* 31. Pipino Cuevas
* 32. James J. Jeffries
* 33. Lennox Lewis
* 34. Bennie Briscoe
* 35. Marvin Hagler
* 36. Edwin Rosario
* 37. Tommy Ryan
* 38. John Mugabi
* 39. Joe Frazier
* 40. Carlos Monzon
* 41. Tony Zale
* 42. Michael Spinks
* 43. Joe Gans
* 44. Elmer Ray
* 45. George Godfrey
* 46. Naseem Hamed
* 47. Alfonso Zamora
* 48. David Tua
* 49. Cleveland Williams
* 50. Julio Cesar Chavez
* 51. Tiger Jack Fox
* 52. Joe Walcott
* 53. Gerry Cooney
* 54. Al Bummy Davis
* 55. Max Schmeling
* 56. Florentino Fernandez
* 57. Henry Armstrong
* 58. Bob Satterfield
* 59. Al Hostak
* 60. Jesus Pimentel
* 61. Eugene Hart
* 62. Lew Jenkins
* 63. Harry Wills
* 64. Tom Sharkey
* 65. Terry McGovern
* 66. Jersey Joe Walcott
* 67. Kostya Tszyu
* 68. Leotis Martin
* 69. Buddy Baer
* 70. Donovan Ruddock
* 71. Jose Luis Ramirez
* 72. Tommy Gomez
* 73. Jose Napoles
* 74. Kid McCoy
* 75. Antonio Esparragoza
* 76. Ricardo Moreno
* 77. Evander Holyfield
* 78. Ike Williams
* 79. Luis Firpo
* 80. Ricardo Lopez
* 81. Humberto Gonzalez
* 82. Bobby Chacon
* 83. Jock McAvoy
* 84. Eduardo Lausse
* 85. Eder Jofre
* 86. Charley Burley
* 87. Mike McCallum
* 88. Salvador Sanchez
* 89. Roy Jones Jr.
* 90. Rodolfo Gato Gonzalez
* 91. Nigel Benn
* 92. Bob Murphy
* 93. Paul Berlenbach
* 94. Battling Torres
* 95. Chalky Wright
* 96. George Chaney
* 97. Andy Ganigan
* 98. Fred Fulton
* 99. Ingemar Johansson
* 100. Charley White
First off, I have plenty respect for Joe Louis. His accomplishments have yet to be matched and he dominated his era.

Secondly, I know PLENTY about boxing. I've watched countless fights, documentaries, movies, read many books on the sport.

Now with that being said, its not Joe Louis fault he fought in his era...but his style wouldn't translate very well to modern boxing.

Same with any other sport. Only certain great NBA players would be able to compete with todays players. NFL players are faster and stronger too. The only sport where its pretty much an even playing field is golf and baseball.

# 62 Po Pimp @ 05/07/09 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
What's wrong with a standard boxing style? Why in the world would you give a low chin and hand speed rating to Joe? In this game you'd also have to give Louis a 94 or so block rating for his technical expertise. I'll ignore the Roy Jones comment.
I'd give Joe a low chin rating because he got ROCKED by smaller fighters (I'm talkin 180-190 range). I'd give him a heart boost though because he didn't stay down. I mean, the man only lost 3 times.

# 63 JayBee74 @ 05/07/09 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyblaze
Absolute blasphemy, i can pick out 4 fighters in there that i give a **** about. the rest are garbage, we want top class fighters, never heard of half those lists!! Floyd may? been the best p4p fighter for a few years and he ain't worthy? you gotta be joking EA stop being stingy with the money and pay for decent boxers!! sick of this ****tt.. you look forward to a game for a long time then you see this, teasing us with the lists, releasing 10 boxers evryweek like you had some mega surprize at the end of it!! **** sakee

# 64 JayBee74 @ 05/07/09 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
I'd give Joe a low chin rating because he got ROCKED by smaller fighters (I'm talkin 180-190 range). I'd give him a heart boost though because he didn't stay down. I mean, the man only lost 3 times.
Evidently you didn't see how many times Schelmling caught him with the right in the first fight. Forget heart although Joe had plenty. If you only get KOed once (not counting the Marciano mismatch) in a long career by an absolute accumulation of punches you have a very good chin. Heart can't stop unconsciousness.

# 65 dnr720 @ 05/07/09 06:17 PM
Quote:
You don't think a prime Riddick Bowe at 6'5, 240 pounds would beat Joe Louis? I don't wanna hear about him adapting to the times...I'm speaking strictly on what you've seen on film and his fighting style.
A prime Riddick Bowe couldn't beat Andrew Golota. (Golota imploded every chance he got). Louis was an all time great. Compare his legacy to Tyson's it's not even close. Tyson was a beast but not a great champion. He had the skills and tools to be an all time great but fell very short of that mark. Remember Tyson's title reign was not very Long, Joe was the champ for a very long time making 25 title defenses. I agree with a previous poster had Joe had the training and of todays fighters He'd be hell on wheels for anyone,

# 66 Po Pimp @ 05/07/09 06:36 PM
Quote:
Evidently you didn't see how many times Schelmling caught him with the right in the first fight. Forget heart although Joe had plenty. If you only get KOed once (not counting the Marciano mismatch) in a long career by an absolute accumulation of punches you have a very good chin. Heart can't stop unconsciousness.
And why was Louis repeatedly getting caught with rights huh huh huh? Defensive boxing was not as advanced back then. He stood in one spot the entire fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnr720
A prime Riddick Bowe couldn't beat Andrew Golota. (Golota imploded every chance he got). Louis was an all time great. Compare his legacy to Tyson's it's not even close. Tyson was a beast but not a great champion. He had the skills and tools to be an all time great but fell very short of that mark. Remember Tyson's title reign was not very Long, Joe was the champ for a very long time making 25 title defenses. I agree with a previous poster had Joe had the training and of todays fighters He'd be hell on wheels for anyone,
Riddick Bowe was out of shape and lazy when he fought Golata. That was clearly a man who got his millions, but didn't have the desire to be great. The Riddick Bowe that Holyfield fought was a beast.

You are missing the point. Its not about how great you are and your legacy, it's how u would stand up in a current setting. George Mikan was considered one of the greatest centers ever. Do u honestly think George Mikan would dominate say...a current Jermaine O'Neal?

# 67 Motown @ 05/07/09 07:03 PM
Quote:
And why was Louis repeatedly getting caught with rights huh huh huh? Defensive boxing was not as advanced back then. He stood in one spot the entire fight!

Riddick Bowe was out of shape and lazy when he fought Golata. That was clearly a man who got his millions, but didn't have the desire to be great. The Riddick Bowe that Holyfield fought was a beast.

You are missing the point. Its not about how great you are and your legacy, it's how u would stand up in a current setting. George Mikan was considered one of the greatest centers ever. Do u honestly think George Mikan would dominate say...a current Jermaine O'Neal?
Some interesting Quotes about Louis:

"There's never been a boxer better than Joe Louis. You'd take one shot from him and you were sure he'd have seven or eight more coming for you. Certainly Muhammad Ali was the greatest man ever to fight, but not the greatest boxer."
-- George Foreman

"He hit me 18 times while I was in the act of falling."
-- Max Baer

"(I define fear as) standing across the ring from Joe Louis and knowing he wants to go home early."
-- Max Baer

"He was a credit to his race – the human race…"
-- Jimmy Cannon, sportswriter

"Joe Louis is the greatest heavyweight champion of all time. Rocky Marciano is second only to Louis. Where do I rate Ali? Somewhere below me. I beat him, and if I could beat him, no doubt Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano could have beaten him."
-- Joe Frazier

"I just give lip service to being the greatest. He was the greatest."
-- Muhammad Ali

"When you’re a great finisher, you’ll become popular. Joe Louis was a great finisher."
-- Mike Tyson

"Every time I hear the name Joe Louis my nose starts to bleed."
-- Tommy Farr

"Joe Louis, to me, was the finest human being God put on this earth in every way."
-- Angelo Dundee

# 68 JayBee74 @ 05/07/09 07:09 PM
Quote:
He got caught because he held his left to low. That was a weakness that Schemling's men spotted before the fight. Footwork had nothing to do with it.

# 69 Vast @ 05/07/09 07:18 PM
I understand the point Po Pimp is trying to make, but Joe Louis is the wrong example to use. That dude was a machine, Bowe or RJJ would get dropped by him. If he had that insane physique back then just imagine what shape he'd be in today.
They barely had any padding on their gloves back then man, his chin would be 100+.

anyways i can't wait to use Nonito Donaire and Calzaghe in this game! hopefully he'll be rated better than that blasphymus rating 2k gave him.

# 70 JayBee74 @ 05/07/09 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I understand the point Po Pimp is trying to make, but Joe Louis is the wrong example to use. That dude was a machine, Bowe or RJJ would get dropped by him. If he had that insane physique back then just imagine what shape he'd be in today.
They barely had any padding on their gloves back then man, his chin would be 100+.

anyways i can't wait to use Nonito Donaire and Calzaghe in this game! hopefully he'll be rated better than that blasphymus rating 2k gave him.
You talking about Calzage? most of 2k's ratings were messed up.

# 71 Vast @ 05/07/09 08:04 PM
Quote:
You talking about Calzage? most of 2k's ratings were messed up.
Hell yeah im talking about Calzaghe. and all of their ratings were messed up. I bought that game for 10 bucks what a waste of money

# 72 SouthernBrick @ 05/09/09 01:46 AM
I haven't been following this game to much but could someone tell me why Flyod Mayweather is not in the game?

I figured he would be but, he's not. Its a real bummer.

# 73 Darkleaf @ 05/09/09 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I haven't been following this game to much but could someone tell me why Flyod Mayweather is not in the game?

I figured he would be but, he's not. Its a real bummer.
$$$$$$$$ He want's too much.

# 74 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/09/09 09:47 PM
See that is why boxing has been on the decline for a decade now. Too many people out for themselves. They put money before good of the overall sport.

I mean come on no Pretty Boy Floyd, no Magic Man, no B-hop, wtf ??????

# 75 JayBee74 @ 05/09/09 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
See that is why boxing has been on the decline for a decade now. Too many people out for themselves. They put money before good of the overall sport.

I mean come on no Pretty Boy Floyd, no Magic Man, no B-hop, wtf ??????
I can live with them being out of the game.

# 76 SouthernBrick @ 05/10/09 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkleaf
$$$$$$$$ He want's too much.
I know he loves money but damn, you would think with his kind of ego that he would love to be in a video game for millions of people including himself to play as. If I had that much money like that i'd do it for free, that includes any sport.

Well still got Tyson and that makes up for Mayweather, B-hop, etc.

# 77 JayBee74 @ 05/10/09 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I know he loves money but damn, you would think with his kind of ego that he would love to be in a video game for millions of people including himself to play as. If I had that much money like that i'd do it for free, that includes any sport.

Well still got Tyson and that makes up for Mayweather, B-hop, etc.
Owing the IRS a rumored $6.5 million is a good reason to hold out for more.

# 78 Complex @ 05/10/09 08:47 AM
While I can't confirm or deny anybody in the game. Even tho it seems the roster is already posted on the web. I can understand why a guy is not in a game. Their likeness is a body of work and intellictual property. Look at Jordan when he kept his brand and likeness years ago. Now look $Billions of dollars later it seems like a stroke of genius. Max Kellerman said last night that Floyd is one of the best pure boxers of all time right now. Makes you understand why he wants so much.

As a fan, I want all the guys to sign up. But heck as a fan, I wanted Cotto to fight Paul Williams, and Tyson to not have gone to jail, and Lennos Lewis to fight Bowe in their primes, and.... you get my point

# 79 JayBee74 @ 05/10/09 10:01 AM
Are there anymore heavies in the game?
  • Muhammad Ali -- 61 Fights 56-5- 37KO
  • Eddie Chambers -- 35 Fights 34-1- 18KO
  • George Foreman -- 81 Fights 76-5- 68KO
  • Joe Frazier -- 37 Fights 32-4- 27KO
  • Lennox Lewis -- 44 Fights 41-2- 32KO
  • James Toney -- 82 Fights 71-6- 43KO
  • Mike Tyson -- 58 Fights 50W-6 - 44KO

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.