Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers the rebirth of the flexbone offense.

Quote:
"Hello all, my name is Anthony White and I’m here to share with you all what work we did this year for the Flexbone offense. Going into our current development cycle for NCAA Football 10 our top playbook priority was making sure our version of the Flexbone offense is a more accurate representation of its real life counterpart. We didn’t necessarily want to just take what’s already in place on the Gen 2 versions of NCAA Football. Our goal was to take it above and beyond anything that had been done previously with the Flexbone offense on any platform."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Cvhsalumni @ 05/08/09 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
West Virginia and Florida (and Wofford on the FCS level) occasionally run the veer triple from shotgun - if this update had said something about how the blocking schemes, there would be more carryover.

As a flexbone guy, I'm happy that they addressed it - it was the offense responsible for the most big plays in college football last year (20+ yards & 30+ yards).
I second this. I hate when I had a dynasty where I was in the ACC and had to play GT. There offense was so horrible it was just dumb. Now, it will be fun to defend them.

# 42 Gossennator @ 05/08/09 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I'm sure the spread is going to get some love too. Just wait. We already know the Gators playbook is getting an upgrade, which was definitely needed.

I want to see some defense on the field too!
Hopefully we will have the ability for the inside pitch

# 43 Cvhsalumni @ 05/08/09 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
That is how I feel. While I may never use it, the CPU teams may run it that you play (ACC teams vs. GT) and it would be better if it works. There is also a guy in my OD that ran with Navy last year and I know this will be a welcome addition.
Previous quote meant to quote this post...

# 44 Wet Bandit @ 05/08/09 01:08 PM
The creativity in college football is one of the reasons I end up playing NCAA each year. This offense looks like a lot of fun to run.

# 45 canes21 @ 05/08/09 01:11 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the difference in the new running animation.

# 46 Solidice @ 05/08/09 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Not going to lie, but I would rather here about gameplay additions. This is cool for those three teams who run his formation though I guess.
so the plays that are run on the field have nothing to do with gameplay?

# 47 canes21 @ 05/08/09 01:18 PM
I think you know what I mean Solidice. We don't have to be dicks.

# 48 stylee @ 05/08/09 01:21 PM
Even with my complaints about the fundamental brokenness of the option, I can't get over how awesome it is to have run and shoot stuff in that offense in the game.

I suppose we'll see the same sorts of plays in SMU/Hawaii's playbook? Sweet.

# 49 zoltan @ 05/08/09 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the difference in the new running animation.
it stil needs work, but its a definite improvement.

at least the qbs look faster.

# 50 zoltan @ 05/08/09 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Probably, but even in the NCAA part of the reason that it is so successful is because it's hard to prepare for when only 3 teams run it and your scout team isn't going to be as good with it at the teams that run it in real life. The only team that I see that could really abuse this is Florida with so much offensive speed, UF with this playbook would be nasty to try to defend IMHO.

Still I like the work the EA team put into making this playbook more effective. Good work EA.
i would never let someone use florida and run the flexbone. it doesnt fit them. they are a shotgun team.

# 51 J-Unit40 @ 05/08/09 01:31 PM
I don't get what some of you are saying that only 3 teams have access to this playbook. Any team can select this playbook or any playbook to use before a game starts. You just can't cherry pick certain formations to infuse into your "custom playbook".

# 52 canes21 @ 05/08/09 01:32 PM
I said three teams because I was talking about my offline dynasty. I know everyone can use any playbook. Heck, I don't use Miami's when I play with them. I use balance.

# 53 zoltan @ 05/08/09 01:33 PM
Quote:
I'm sure the spread is going to get some love too. Just wait. We already know the Gators playbook is getting an upgrade, which was definitely needed.

I want to see some defense on the field too!
lol you know it brotha...............

oregon too

and yes defense would be nice.. my guess that they didnt show defense is becase they are still tuning stuff or they just wanted to show us the basic motion of the play when it is run.

# 54 zoltan @ 05/08/09 01:35 PM
Quote:
I don't get what some of you are saying that only 3 teams have access to this playbook. Any team can select this playbook or any playbook to use before a game starts. You just can't cherry pick certain formations to infuse into your "custom playbook".
it would be cool to cherry pick though.

they havent outsted it yet though...........

and besides there is probably an option run or option playbok under the geeric section. so 4 teams have access lol

# 55 Solidice @ 05/08/09 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
it would be cool to cherry pick though.

they havent outsted it yet though...........

and besides there is probably an option run or option playbok under the geeric section. so 4 teams have access lol
Army, Navy, Air Force, Georgia Tech, and option run.

in NCAA '09, the Baylor and Balanced playbooks had 1 flexbone formation in it too. don't know if they will in NCAA 10 though.

# 56 UtahUtes32 @ 05/08/09 01:51 PM
awesome!

# 57 noplace @ 05/08/09 02:00 PM
When will EA explore how a true option works. I would like to see how its executed with a defense on the field. On that misdirection option everything seems to bunched up. Spacing is bad

# 58 Jistic @ 05/08/09 02:05 PM
This is nice and all. But if all these formations have the same 13 plays like last year it won't matter. If I see the same 13 pass patterns I've seen for years in EA football again this year I'll scream.

Maybe they'll actually have some good deep patterns for once too. I don't wanna see more playbooks with multiple formations using the same exact plays again.

# 59 stylee @ 05/08/09 02:34 PM
I agree about line splits, heavyhitter. I'd certainly be cool to have wider splits for certain formations/teams - Navy, Texas Tech, etc - that use them extensively.

# 60 95Frazier @ 05/08/09 02:39 PM
Did they put the triple option back in every play book>??

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.