Home
News Post

Have the Fight Night Round 4 demo? If so, post your impressions here.

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 441 Jukeman @ 06/12/09 12:44 PM
Anyone watched the Demo in CPU vs CPU????

It is the best match you will see anywhere(EA should have shown the game this way lol) and it should tell you about the game more...great BOXING matches(no slugfest here) from both guys despite both are inside fighters...you'll see footwork(raise speed slider in final version to make it better) overall good fights for it being on the easiest level(with no slider adjustments)

# 442 akabarneyphife @ 06/12/09 06:47 PM
My post could be in multiple threads.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039695344

# 443 Aaenuel @ 06/13/09 09:11 PM
Definitely no "Willie Pep" logic in the judges in the demo. I tried to see what the scoring would be like using just great defense but throwing no punches. Hatton landed less than 40% of his punches in the round and less than 30% to the head. The judges scored it a 10-8 round in favor of Hatton. There were no knockdowns or stuns during the round.

# 444 JayBee74 @ 06/14/09 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaenuel
Definitely no "Willie Pep" logic in the judges in the demo. I tried to see what the scoring would be like using just great defense but throwing no punches. Hatton landed less than 40% of his punches in the round and less than 30% to the head. The judges scored it a 10-8 round in favor of Hatton. There were no knockdowns or stuns during the round.
That kind of defense isn't going to get you much favor with the judges. LOL, if this is your version of a Willie Pep defense (being outhit 20-0-I'm guessing at the number), just because you got the connect percentages down then you better check out some of Willie's fights. I hope you didn't expect to win the round based on your dismal effort. The most important criteria for a boxing judge is clean, effective punching, which obviously wasn't part of your plan.

# 445 SeventhWard @ 06/14/09 06:13 AM
I've played the demo on both PS3 and 360 and I know which one I'm getting - and as it should be - it's based on controller preference. PS3 hands down. I had a much easier time getting Blocks and Haymakers off smoothly with my PS3 pad than I did with the 360 controller.

Graphically - they're identical - the game looks great and plays just as well. On the audio side, the 5.1 surround is clean with good punch and a strong mix (to my ears it sounded slightly crisper on 360). Game's gorgeous and the animation is superb. Physics are REALLY in there - I've tripped out in instant replay just watching faces ripple. The new commentary team is nice - but it's already repetitive just on the demo - the old timers would say I'm a real sharpshooter.

The PS3 did have so stuttering issues when loading - but once everything was running it was smooth as silk. Hopefully those little skips and stutters won't make the retail release.

Fight Night 3 is extremely obsolete now. This is video game boxing. I'll be buying this one and punching people in the face this summer.

-SeventhWard

# 446 Jukeman @ 06/14/09 02:33 PM
- Adjusting tge brightness on your TV will make the atmosphere 10x better....I went into the video calibration screen where it says "if you dont see the EA logo on your TV, adjust your brightness" I didnt see the logo so I adjusted and its not so dark anymore!!! LOL

- fighters do bounce and move there head around, they only do it at a far distance however

- Pac Man DOES have a powerful cross(take good amout of damage) and the animation for his cross when he counters is different than Hatton's(best punch feature?)

# 447 Heelfan71 @ 06/14/09 03:10 PM
is there a way to back up or get away from a guy faster? My guy doesn't move very fast it seems. Just wondering if I am missing something.

# 448 statum71 @ 06/14/09 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
is there a way to back up or get away from a guy faster? My guy doesn't move very fast it seems. Just wondering if I am missing something.

No. Thats been a complaint. They move too slow.

# 449 Jukeman @ 06/14/09 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Yea, tap the L stick back twice and he'll do a dash similar to UFC....Hopefully and increase in speed will make it a lil faster....

# 450 statum71 @ 06/14/09 03:46 PM
As for my impression, I like the presentation. Looks real godd and all. But I just can't help think I would enjoy it more with buttons.

Hold on stick guys....I'm not cheating "button-masher" as you guys say. I don't even play online. I would like to have buttons just for my own use. Its just more comfortable for me.

# 451 JayBee74 @ 06/14/09 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaenuel
By the way, being popped at a 40% clip with no return fire is not remotely great defense.

# 452 cjallure24 @ 06/14/09 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
As for my impression, I like the presentation. Looks real godd and all. But I just can't help think I would enjoy it more with buttons.

Hold on stick guys....I'm not cheating "button-masher" as you guys say. I don't even play online. I would like to have buttons just for my own use. Its just more comfortable for me.
I feel your pain, I have a 360,no internet hook up yet, but I played it for the first time today over my cousins house on the PS3 and I dont know if it was because of the analog but I couldn't place my punches right and while playing it I was thinking to myself, "man if I had buttons it would solve this" so yeah, I hope that when I get it on the 360 the controls will be better for me, I like the analog still.

My impression playing it for the first time(on the PS3,im a 360 owner) was it was really fun, I got into some of my old habits from FN3, and found out that I much change up a few things,as I stated above I had a little trouble placing my punches hopefully I can get it down pack with more rounds.One thing that bothered me was that at certain times I would throw a uppercutt with either Manny or Rickey and it seemed like they left there fist in the air forever, instead of bringing it back quickly.Certain Fighters movement should be quicker as well, I would throw a jab with Manny and when I would try to step back after it, the responds was lagged.All in all this was pretty fun though, I know it wasnt the finished product and there going to fix some issues, but im still pumped for this game.

# 453 Jukeman @ 06/14/09 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71

Most likely they will add buttons and the controls will be the EXACT same as FNR3 just like the other conf options thats in the game(you can agrue that buttons shouldve been there from the get go if the "old" FNR3 conf is there..but they WANT people to get used to the sticks)

FYI, not using the new TPC will put you at a disadvantage because now all of the new punches will NOT be avalible to you(16 total I believe)....I dont think alot of people actually notice this....EA made this decision for a reason....

# 454 BOSsTOwN @ 06/15/09 12:56 AM
All they need to do is add they config from. Rd. 3 with holding RT let's u punch with the stick to allow me to throw the knockout punches and I'll be str8

Has it confirmed whether or no there is an option to turn off that parry 2.0 freeze gimmick

# 455 JayBee74 @ 06/15/09 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I doubt if you can turn that off, but the developer has already stated that the counter window is alot longer in the demo than it will be in the retail version. Count how many seconds it is, then cut it in half. If I'm not mistaken, thats how long the window will be in the retail version.

I can definitely deal with that. Overall, I'm feelin the demo, so I know I'll love the retail.
Creep, I heard that the time on the window will be only slightly reduced. I like it myself-you throw and your opponent makes you miss with near perfect timing-he should be rewarded with a great counter opportunity.

# 456 BOSsTOwN @ 06/15/09 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Creep, I heard that the time on the window will be only slightly reduced. I like it myself-you throw and your opponent makes you miss with near perfect timing-he should be rewarded with a great counter opportunity.
It makes the game a little "Arcadish" to me..

# 457 Po Pimp @ 06/17/09 02:04 PM
So yesterday, I finally was able to stun Hatton with a cross that WASN'T a counter.

I'm glad this is in the game, but if this is the first time I've seen this after almost a month of playing the demo, its way too rare.

# 458 Jukeman @ 06/17/09 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
So yesterday, I finally was able to stun Hatton with a cross that WASN'T a counter.

I'm glad this is in the game, but if this is the first time I've seen this after almost a month of playing the demo, its way too rare.
Nah, its not...Ive been testing

# 459 Jackmouv @ 06/17/09 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp

Well keep in mind that these are two of the top fighters in the weight class, so stunning them with one punch inside of 3 rounds IS a rare feat, as well it should be. IMO, with these two fighters, in only three rounds, there shouldn't be anything but decisions, with maybe the occassional knock down, maybe. Both of these fighters can take a punch. Now if you are landing clean 3 and 4 punch combos, that's one thing. But even with each boxers "best" punch, I wouldn't think you could get a one punch stun... perhaps MAYBE late in the third, if you are punishing him through the first 2 rounds.

# 460 Po Pimp @ 06/17/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmouv
Well keep in mind that these are two of the top fighters in the weight class, so stunning them with one punch inside of 3 rounds IS a rare feat, as well it should be. IMO, with these two fighters, in only three rounds, there shouldn't be anything but decisions, with maybe the occassional knock down, maybe. Both of these fighters can take a punch. Now if you are landing clean 3 and 4 punch combos, that's one thing. But even with each boxers "best" punch, I wouldn't think you could get a one punch stun... perhaps MAYBE late in the third, if you are punishing him through the first 2 rounds.
If my memory serves me correctly, Hatton got knocked clean out in round 2 after getting knocked down twice in the first round, so I don't know why you feel there should be nothing but decisions with the difficulty set to easy.

Also, when I say stun, I mean when the fighter's health bar turns red. A fighter doesn't have to be necessarily hurt to get stunned. I just feel if I land a nice clean punch, there should be more stun moments that aren't counter punches or hooks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.