Home
Madden 2010 News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted the top 10 players by position in Madden NFL 10.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 321 steelers1 @ 06/06/09 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I find this thread shocking. Truly shocking.

Regarding the various QB arguments, I'm going to ignore all of them but the Brady vs. Manning one, because it's the only valid one. There are two starting QBs in the league right now that are no-questions-asked first ballot Hall of Famers, and neither of them wear a nameplate that reaches their shoulders.

"Clutch throws"? Easy answer to that; it doesn't matter how you win, only that you win. And Tom Brady has done more of that than any other QB in the league right now. If not for David Tyree, we wouldn't be having this argument. Back around '98, there was a young QB in the league that people thought was the next Joe Montana. His name was Jake Plummer. And he got that reputation on the basis that he was pulling off miracle comeback wins late in games with regularity... what people failed to realize at that time was that Jake Plummer was the primary reason the team was trailing at that time.

Tom Brady is not Joe Montana, but he's the closest thing you youngans will ever see. It's deceptive... he's so good, he doesn't even look that good. He just picks you apart yard by yard, and you never even think he's having that great of a game until it's over and you've gotten your *** handed too you.
Tom Brady is a ton like Montana... who I also thought was a dink-dunker haha. But he was also a great QB. And I think Peyton is like Marino, too. Peyton does have a strong arm, I think, and Brady probably does have a slight edge in short and long throws (I'd give the mid-range to Manning). What you said about Brady, how he gets you yard by yard, and how you don't even realize he's had a great game... that is exactly how I see it, and I couldn't have said it better. But that's the reason I think he's somewhat unremarkable for such an accomplished passer. Those easier short throws is how that offense is run. And those short throws are all the more open now that Moss is there.

As a Steelers fan, I don't like the subtle Plummer-Roethlisberger comparison.It doesn't really even make since. You say winners 'just win,' well Roethlisberger just wins. 2 SBs, 50 regular season wins in 5 seasons... the list goes on.

Plummer didn't really win until he got to the Broncos, and he still never made it to a super bowl. And I really don't think anybody thought he was the next Montana. He was decent: a gritty QB who was good in 4th quarters but was never an upper-tier QB. He never put up great numbers. He had yards, but threw a lot of INTs (In 7 of his 10 seasons he averaged over 1 INT per game, and had 5 20 INT seasons, and only 4 seasons with more TDs than picks). So yeah, he often was a reason for his teams being down.

That's not the case with Roethlisberger at all, though. He's been a very efficient passer (he still does have a decently high INT% compared to the likes of Manning and Brady), but has been incredible throughout his career in terms of YPA, and very good in TD% and completion %. Last year wasn't great stats-wise, but the team had no running game or O-line, and they still won the SB (and to say it was all D is ridiculous. The offense had to win that game on the last drive).

also... kcarr was spot on with all the commentary he added a couple pages back. I don't think I disagreed with a thing he said.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.