Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 PacMan3000 @ 05/28/09 08:51 PM
After watching the video, the issue I have is that I just don't believe Tom Hammonds is watching the game.

In NFL 2K5, I felt that Stevens and O'Keefe were watching and reacting to my game. I felt that Chris Collinsworth was reacting to my game.

With Hammond, I feel like he's in a secluded studio reading lines and delivering choppy lines. It takes me out of the immerson of the game. It's akin to going to the movies and watching really bad visual effects. Sure, that CGI is supposed to look like plane flying through the sky, but you just don't buy it, and it gets to the point where it becomes a distraction to the movie.

# 142 MrSkagTrendy @ 05/28/09 08:53 PM
I love this!

And guys take a look at this screenshot!
I LOVE the little stat bars at the bottom, with player specific stats. Also notice the depth of field:

# 143 Deegeezy @ 05/28/09 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
Eurgh, exactly.

The intro was boring as hell. This is definitely not what I was expecting, especially since Ian told us he religiously researched ESPN 2k5.

For everyone who disagrees, take a look at the ESPN 2k5 intro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HB2J...eature=related . **** gets you pumped up. You see the crowd, you see the players, the music is blaring, and the commentators seamlessly interweave into the action.

The intro for M10 has fancy new lettering for the logos, but aside from that, it definitely didn't get me into the game.

Damnit.

Dude...We probably saw less than 30% of the pregame.

# 144 Harlemal @ 05/28/09 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltroy
Looks like weather channel in Madden 10 baby!!!
Hopefully its real time online. I would love to play a night game online instead of just random weather.

# 145 DaveDQ @ 05/28/09 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
After watching the video, the issue I have is that I just don't believe Tom Hammonds is watching the game.

In NFL 2K5, I felt that Stevens and O'Keefe were watching and reacting to my game. I felt that Chris Collinsworth was reacting to my game.

With Hammond, I feel like he's in a secluded studio reading lines and delivering choppy lines. It takes me out of the immerson of the game. It's akin to going to the movies and watching really bad visual effects. Sure, that CGI is supposed to look like plane flying through the sky, but you just don't buy it, and it gets to the point where it becomes a distraction to the movie.
It's awful. Collinsworth is the polar opposite. Listening to Hammonds say the team matchup and the pause "Dallas." It's bad. It seriously sounds like Pat Summerall used to sound in Troy Aikman Football.

# 146 cdon2k @ 05/28/09 08:57 PM
Looked like 09! Hopefully that was "pro" mode because I saw no pocket.

# 147 TrapStar215 @ 05/28/09 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
OK, I hope this is an early build. There is no DOF throughout the entire video, with the one exception of the fumble pile-up. Plus no colored cleats. I'd say very early build.
Look again, Marion Barber's cleats are white/blue during the pre-game.

Also, I see I'm going to have to edit A LOT of the cowboys players.

# 148 Jamin23 @ 05/28/09 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
If you read the Q&A you will see that the presentation got a major overhaul. We will see that at E3 next week. Be patient!!

# 149 thmst30 @ 05/28/09 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Seemed like the whole thing to me. Many things were cut in this video, but the pre-game seemed to run through uncut. 2K5 presentation was so damn good, but lets not start down this road yet again.

# 150 MrSkagTrendy @ 05/28/09 09:01 PM
Quote:
OK, I hope this is an early build. There is no DOF throughout the entire video, with the one exception of the fumble pile-up. Plus no colored cleats. I'd say very early build.

# 151 Rocky @ 05/28/09 09:01 PM
In the limited Madden 10 vids that I've seen, it is still the glaring flaw of the Madden series. It's not as comically depressing as the NCAA series, but movement/footplanting/smooth animations would make Madden look alot better than even something like Pro Tak IMO.

Live still has some putrid animations, but the advancements in their physics system had made the game 100x's more realistic than their previous efforts. Obviously the technology is there for EA and Madden should've capitalized on it this year.

# 152 Deegeezy @ 05/28/09 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
If you read the Q&A you will see that the presentation got a major overhaul. We will see that at E3 next week. Be patient!!
I know that... I was responding to a presentation complainer.

# 153 Glorious Arc @ 05/28/09 09:02 PM
At first I was mildly interested in the video. I took the time and watched it again this time following the small things.

The play fake(hand jestures) on the run play was nice

57 and 73 double team someone on the first run play.

The moves by Ware were pretty good looking.

On the second play the user controlling Ware ran around the LT and the LG ran back and blocked him perfectly life real life.

Good over the shoulder catch but it happens so fast I question if the WR had to look to catch the ball.

Its going to be interesting to watch the rest of the E3 footage when it comes.

# 154 Moegames @ 05/28/09 09:03 PM
it is part of their focus but i gotta disagree.. the major lack of "life" in madden made the game feel DEAD..im glad that presentation was a huge part of their focus this year...its gonna make the game feel totally new but more importanlty..the game will be "FUN" and "EXCITING" to play...

# 155 djordan @ 05/28/09 09:03 PM
GET HAMMOND OUT OF MADDEN 2011 PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 156 g2thecore @ 05/28/09 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
Eurgh, exactly.

The intro was boring as hell. This is definitely not what I was expecting, especially since Ian told us he religiously researched ESPN 2k5.

For everyone who disagrees, take a look at the ESPN 2k5 intro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HB2J...eature=related . **** gets you pumped up. You see the crowd, you see the players, the music is blaring, and the commentators seamlessly interweave into the action.

The intro for M10 has fancy new lettering for the logos, but aside from that, it definitely didn't get me into the game.

Damnit.
And you got all that from a 2:21 vid? You didn't notice that the vid was highly edited? I would hold on the criticism for now and wait for a video showing the complete presentation.

# 157 Cusefan @ 05/28/09 09:04 PM
You can tell the Pregame was skipped through, and Ian did mention that we will see things like the Hotdog guy and fans getting to their seats.

Gotta say the presentation was great. if this is any indication I would be willing to bet that madden May have the best presentation on Next gen. Gotta agree that Hammonds sounds Horrible, it reminds me of Joe Montana sport talk football on genesis.

Gameplay looked pretty good but we really will not have any idea how it plays until we actually play it. Either way, I am 100% sold on madden, See you August 14th at Midnight

# 158 Deegeezy @ 05/28/09 09:04 PM
Quote:
Seemed like the whole thing to me. Many things were cut in this video, but the pre-game seemed to run through uncut. 2K5 presentation was so damn good, but lets not start down this road yet again.
Um no...For one thing we haven't see the pregame fan cut scenes and hot dog vendors that were described by the devs weeks ago.

All we just saw was a chopped down version of the basics of 1 pregame show. There are so many variations and so many other cut scenes we did not see there.

# 159 K_GUN @ 05/28/09 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I want my speed pocket set up. Some people may be tired of hearing about it, but without that when a guy gets in the gun we are gonna be in trouble. Secondly, against the run I need for the Dlinemen to be able to hit the gaps if I give them the command to crash right or left. In the run blocking vid the Olinemen were sliding into place and blocking guys straight up. If I call crash right and the run is to that side, the Dline should hit the right gaps and I should be able to check my gap with the linebacker and get to the football. It is not long term solution, but we need something to mimic a run fit.

but don't break other parts of the game

if you speed up the pocket, do you have to cheat something else?

it seems if u speed up the pocket then speeding up other parts of the game would have to happen...which would put game-speed right back to square 1

just my .02$

# 160 rckabillyRaider @ 05/28/09 09:07 PM
At least they toned down the camera flashes big time. But I still cant get over the poor commentary. When the TD was scored, there was NO emotion whatsoever by the commentary team. Even if they are unbiased announcers, there is usually some emotion behind a TD call during NFL games on tv.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.