Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Hey guys... so we are aware of the issue with no (or few) freshmen on some teams in TeamBuilder and yes the same issues are found on the NCAA 10 disc. Over the past few days, one of our top priorities has been investigating solutions.

The TeamBuilder teams require some data on the disc to set Depth Charts for every team created before they can be used in a game. For example if you use the Cupcake roster as a starting point, NCAA 10 will give you a default Depth Chart for the Cupcakes for your TeamBuilder team (which you can edit in game). This means any changes we make could cause some problems with teams already created using TeamBuilder. So we need to ensure we are taking to proper steps to correct the issues.

We understand the concerns with how this can affect Dynasty mode and Online Games, so we are working hard to have a solution in place before launch on July 14th.

-Russ

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 o 99 PROBL3MS o @ 06/10/09 07:02 PM
Well the thing with the rosters is some teams clearly didn't get their ratings updated. They changed the way OVR ratings are calculated by putting more stock in certain attributes. That is a nice idea but the roster guy didn't implement it right.

He went and updated those new important categories for the top teams causing their ratings to be at or above their 09 OVRs but certain teams got the shaft. Arkansas DE Adrian Davis was an 86OVR on NCAA 09 but is only a 77OVR in NCAA 10 because he has the SAME EXACT ratings as he had in 09. He didn't get the apparent boost to those "new" more important attributes that the top teams did.

This is the chief problem I have wit the ratings. It shows a complete lack of effort IMO. It is also why certain players who were ranked in the 80s in 09 are now ranked in the 70s (particularly at the DE, CB, and FS/SS position). They made sure to update the ratings of the top teams but the rest of teams were largely untouched. Its as if the new roster guy wasn't told about how the new OVR ratings will be calculated. There is also the issue of missingf freshmen and graduated players present.

# 82 Russell_Kiniry_EA @ 06/10/09 07:03 PM
Thanks for all the input guys we are looking at all these solutions and more. As soon as we get more infomation we'll pass it along.

-Russ

# 83 ActLikeYouCrow @ 06/10/09 07:07 PM
i dont think a roster patch is an option. theyre going to have to figure this out between the disc and teambuilder.

a patch or a roster update is a can of worms that theyre not going to open. plus im not even sure if its plausible for ncaa to have a different roster than the default disc roster load up for online play.

# 84 BROman @ 06/10/09 07:08 PM
russ & adam, has the new roster guy handed in his playbook yet? no matter how hard ya work, one guy can screw it all up.

# 85 tyler741 @ 06/10/09 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
instead of paying 60 dollars for NCAA 10 I think I'll give the money to the now homeless roster guy

hahaha

# 86 boritter @ 06/10/09 07:12 PM
$49.99 MSRP with a $50 mail-in-rebate would be the ideal solution for this monstrosity of a game.

# 87 clw22580 @ 06/10/09 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
We aren't sure of what happened yet, but we didn't want to continue leaving you guys in the dark on what is going on. It looks like the wrong version of the rosters made the final build, but we don't know for sure yet. Our efforts now are on remedying the situation the best we can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
russ & adam, has the new roster guy handed in his playbook yet? no matter how hard ya work, one guy can screw it all up.
See above (emphasis added). I think I'd hold up before crucifying "roster guy". Perhaps "roster guy's" final rosters were fine but someone else screwed up and put a previous version into the game?

Just sayin'

# 88 sportzbro @ 06/10/09 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
instead of paying 60 dollars for NCAA 10 I think I'll give the money to the now homeless roster guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clw22580
See above (emphasis added). I think I'd hold up before crucifying "roster guy". Perhaps "roster guy's" final rosters were fine but someone else screwed up and put a previous version into the game?

Just sayin'
Please explain to me why they would have a 2 versions of the 2010 roster. A s*** build and another one.. These rosters aren't 09's.. they're 10's, except its just a complete debacle.

# 89 Moojenowski @ 06/10/09 07:31 PM
This blows my mind, ratings for players and what not have always been debatable, but to flat out leave players out of the game? My oh my.

NCAA 2010 has to have rosters that mimic the real teams, like they always have... I wonder if the Sam Keller law suit had EA put a freeze on whatever work the roster guy was doing?

This must be fixed.

Godspeed NCAA dev team... don't make me play Madden all year.

# 90 sportzbro @ 06/10/09 07:34 PM
This really is the cherry on the top.

# 91 clw22580 @ 06/10/09 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN

Please explain to me why they would have a 2 versions of the 2010 roster. A s*** build and another one.. These rosters aren't 09's.. they're 10's, except its just a complete debacle.
I'm no wiz at making a game but I assume the roster file has a name during programming. Perhaps the roster guy saved his work and put a date on it (and someone grabbed the wrong date)

Example:

NCAA10Roster2.1.09;
NCAA10Roster2.10.09;

Or

Perhaps they save different versions with different names in case a mistake is made and/or a file is accidentally deleted and they need to go back (and someone grabbed the wrong version).

Example

NCAA10Roster_1;
NCAA10Roster_2;

etc...

I'm an attorney and I know that we do this with pleadings and other documents. If you are not careful, you can easily make a mistake and get the wrong file.

Additionally, someone has to be responsible for checking others work. If not, mistakes like this are going to continue to happen. Ultimately, in this case, the buck stops with the lead designer (head of the team).

Someone (some people) clearly screwed up. All I am saying is that it MIGHT not be roster guy.

# 92 ZachArt002 @ 06/10/09 07:35 PM
Allow me to be the 20th person to say I'd rather lose ALL of my created teams than play with a roster file that is incomplete.

# 93 N51_rob @ 06/10/09 07:37 PM
You know what? I'm not even angry about this at all. I'm loving MLB 09 the Show, I can't wait for FN4 and I can't wait for tomorrow so that I can try out Play the Pro's online tourneys in Tiger Woods. In other words there are so many good games out this summer that not spending $60 in NCAA just means that I get to play more of those, then 1 month later I will jump on Madden. This was the wrong time for NCAA to drop the ball.

That said, Russ and Adam, I know that you and your teams have busted your asses this year. Sorry that something like this has come up.

# 94 Deathblooms @ 06/10/09 07:39 PM
Well I have been thinking about this and maybe it's wishful thinking but would Russ even have made this post if the roster problem wasn't going to be fixed? It seems if it was not fixable then they would have just kept quiet, jmho.

# 95 Deegeezy @ 06/10/09 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathblooms
Well I have been thinking about this and maybe it's wishful thinking but would Russ even have made this post if the roster problem wasn't going to be fixed? It seems if it was not fixable then they would have just kept quiet, jmho.
Sadly, I believe the opposite is true.

# 96 Deegeezy @ 06/10/09 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler741
EA has proven they really aren't that interested in community opinions thus far, why would you expect anything different now?

And plus, these OS message boards are what? <10% responsible for the created schools and sales? Don't get your hopes up.
True but I would think the OS message board users reponse is a good glimpse of the consensus of what those "legit" teambuilder users I alluded to are thinking.

# 97 callmetaternuts @ 06/10/09 07:44 PM
Adam/Russ - thanks for the input. I dont envy you guys in any way being in front of the firing squad (OS) these days. But thanks nonetheless for at least giving it to us straight.

Im with the people that say screw TB at this point. Scrap those rosters. They still have a month to redo those teams. TB's bene out for what, 2 weeks? So they could do all the same stuff in the next month to get back what they lose. SHipping it out with the correct rosters for EVERYONE that pays for the game is more important than saving TB teams for the % of people who used it.

What concerns me (to echo someone else, cant remember who) is how this got through. Last year it was the No D/Wide Open Gameplay twitch fest, now this. Some SERIOUS Q&A needs to be done. Features like Season Showdown/Ring builder (yes i know that was Madden) need to be scrapped. The game needs to be built from the bottom up. Meaning gameplay, OL/DL WR/DB running game, passing game. Then you add those cherries on top.

Not to be a jerk, but who gives a crap about Season Showdown if the game doesnt play right (which we dont know yet) or the rosters are effed up (which we do know......for the time being). Priorities. Roster guy should be canned, and Ben Haumiller has gotta go ala Ortiz. You gotta accept responsibility and two years in a row now, this has been messed up on his watch. I dont know about anyone else, but if I screw up my only annual project, im fired. Thats how the world works.

Dont mean to sound off on anyone, I know no one dogged it on purpose, but that's where we are.

Again, thanks Adam and Russ. It cant be fun but we do appreciate your work and effort on our behalf, whether or not it gets voiced.

# 98 TheRunAndShoot @ 06/10/09 07:47 PM
this sucks... but thanks for at least commenting on the situation, it helps keep speculation down on boards.

# 99 CKW11 @ 06/10/09 07:47 PM
Why not just put up a poll on the TB site, option one being restart the TB so we can have better rosters, option 2 being keep TB and have the rosters shipped the way they are now.

# 100 hawkeyekid @ 06/10/09 07:50 PM
Hey, at least we can see what side EA is on.

Side 1: Most of us.
Side 2: Most of the people who like celebrating with mascots, Season Showdown presented by Tab, and 8 bit marching bands.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.