Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Shawn Drotar, over at 5WGaming, has posted a great article he titles EA Sports Tackles NCAA Football 10 Concerns in the Open Field.

Quote:
"Even before this week’s demo for NCAA Football 10 became available, a wave of questions began to lumber towards the shore regarding the yearly sure-fire hit. On June 9, Bryan “Pastapadre” Wiedey noted on his site a number of discrepancies regarding the rosters on EA Sports’ new Teambuilder site, and on June 12, Gamespot’s Brian Ekberg reported that Dynasty mode “accelerators”, for sale using microtransaction on Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network, would be allowed in online play, meaning that gamers could literally spend their way to the top of online leagues.

To their credit, EA Sports responded quickly to these concerns, noting that they were aware of the Teambuilder roster issue and working on a fix - one which is expected to culminate in a new downloadable roster being available at launch - though it’s still unclear how that roster update will affect the tens of thousands of already-created Teambuilder clubs.

On June 17, one day before NCAA Football 10 demo was released, I appeared on the EA Sports Live Internet radio program directly after two members of the game’s design team did a segment, and to my surprise, was asked my opinion on the microtransaction controversy. The show’s hosts, Jason and Rob Thompson, continued the remarkably open discussion, which didn’t necessarily follow the traditional corporate line."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 da ThRONe @ 06/19/09 08:03 PM
All these mistakes make me question the leadership over NCAA!

# 2 Rocky @ 06/19/09 08:26 PM
LOL, this is NCAA Football's new MO:

Come out with something broken, fix it and get praised. This whole game's been about that.

"Hey look we fixed pursuit angles." "Hey, we fixed sliders."

One of these days this game has to do something to push the genre forward on the field.

# 3 sportzbro @ 06/19/09 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
One of these days this game has to do something to push the genre forward on the field.
A new leader, with a new direction would be a start... pulling some people off of OS couldn't hurt either.

Honestly, this series on NG has gone almost nowhere because all they do is try to fix the previous year's mistakes, and sugar coat it with gimmicks and improve graphics.

# 4 SHO @ 06/19/09 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
LOL, this is NCAA Football's new MO:

Come out with something broken, fix it and get praised. This whole game's been about that.

"Hey look we fixed pursuit angles." "Hey, we fixed sliders."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Honestly, this series on NG has gone almost nowhere because all they do is try to fix the previous year's mistakes, and sugar coat it with gimmicks and improve graphics.
Quoted for emphasis.

# 5 Maximus205 @ 06/19/09 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
A new leader, with a new direction would be a start... pulling some people off of OS couldn't hurt either.

To add: If they fix one thing then something else will be missing such as the left stick juke. I'm really starting to think they do it out of spite.

# 6 frankrizzo380 @ 06/19/09 09:30 PM
unbelievable, someone gonna get fired at EA!

# 7 dave731 @ 06/20/09 09:50 AM
Maybe we can get some downloadable EA Trax in this game...that is a great idea!

This probably won't be the year I stop buying NCAA but it could have easily been the year...

# 8 EtheRed @ 06/20/09 06:04 PM
All I want is a College Football game that feels like a college game. I don't care about mascot games, or mini games, give me authentic school related atmosphere. I'm sick of beating a top 10 team and getting the same end of game action as I would have if I had just beaten West Bum$%ck state.

Have some pride in what we do. you want our money? earn it for once.

# 9 wisgator @ 06/21/09 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731
Maybe we can get some downloadable EA Trax in this game...that is a great idea!

This probably won't be the year I stop buying NCAA but it could have easily been the year...

If this wasn't the year that pushed you over the edge, there will never be a year that will.

# 10 billysims @ 06/21/09 09:54 AM
Im a hardcore ncaa fan, but even I'm starting to get a little weary over this title. Yes, I will buy it (early if I can) as I always do, but I can't honestly say I'm all that stoked about it. Just buying it because:
a) it's new
b) there is no other ncaa game available
c) I love college football

Sucker? Maybe, but I do what I want, and make no apologies. I just wish I were buying it for additional reasons than just the above.

I'm not vehement nor outraged. It's only a game to me. Just disappointed based on what I've seen on the demo. Hoping that I'll be pleasantly surprised when the game arrives, but doubtful.

# 11 sammyinafrica @ 06/21/09 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims
I'm not vehement nor outraged. It's only a game to me. Just disappointed based on what I've seen on the demo. Hoping that I'll be pleasantly surprised when the game arrives, but doubtful.

Absolutly how I feel about it....

If only EA had competition.....that would bring out their best.

# 12 da ThRONe @ 06/21/09 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyinafrica
Absolutly how I feel about it....

If only EA had competition.....that would bring out their best.
They do US!

If we continue to purchase an inferior product we are the dummies! Clearly the main decision makers dont care about our compliants or putting together the best simulation possible. They only care about the profit margin.

# 13 jfeev215 @ 06/22/09 12:10 AM
I have an idea. why dont we all just get memberships to online gaming sights like gamefly and get the game that way. EA will still receive its profits from the provider that originally purchased it but at least its not our 60 bucks. its just our monthly membership we are all LOSING. EA has continued to release subpar games in all areas that they have no competition. As it was stated earlier competition creates a higher level of creativity and attention to detail. Sometimes i wish i could be the head of the ncaa and madden teams, but i'm sure we have all been down the long road before.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.