Home
Czar News Post

With the introductory rounds out of the way, Czar tackles gameplay head-on. In this episode Czar looks at the rebounding and passing systems in both NBA Live 09 and NBA 2K9.

This is another incredibly in depth analysis of both games that any basketball gamer needs to see.

Game: Czar VideosReader Score: 9.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Czar Videos Videos
Member Comments
# 1 marcoyk @ 06/24/09 11:18 AM
I definitely agree with this. Nice video.

# 2 newgen1 @ 06/24/09 11:22 AM
This is turning into a blowout for 2K9. Not even close so far!

# 3 HAILAS @ 06/24/09 12:46 PM
I thought live would have pulled even by now. at this rate, if we've already entered into a hypothetical 3rd quarter, this could be game. Teams that can't refoucs after the half, tend to lose.
Great vid at any rate. Really showing some true colors.
With the videos exposing a lot of pitfalls, does this actually keep any gamers from continuing the play?

# 4 Da_Czar @ 06/24/09 01:01 PM
Hailas I think its turning into something simular to boxing rounds rather than basketball qtrs. At first I was going for the qtrs but they would be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long for an internet show.

@newgen Live has things it does well we just haven't gotten to too many of them yet...

# 5 funky_chicken @ 06/24/09 01:27 PM
Nicely done video. I love the Czar. He is knowlegable and has the Mr. Cool voice.

# 6 newgen1 @ 06/24/09 01:42 PM
Cool Czar... looking forward to your upcoming videos!

# 7 Steve_OS @ 06/24/09 07:15 PM
Thanks Mrs. Czar!

# 8 DubTrey1 @ 06/24/09 09:02 PM
As usual, great work Czar - I am only hoping both EA and 2K watch these and remedy issues you perfectly pinpoint in your videos. EA especially, there are some absolutely cheap things going on under the hood in there last game....

# 9 amedawg00 @ 06/24/09 09:12 PM
another gem by the CZAR. This guy needs to be a consultant for video game bball developers....his bball knowledge is peerless; put him on the payroll 2K!

# 10 tbach @ 06/24/09 11:26 PM
Not that it really matters, 2k definately won with the rebounding, but I thought I'd point out that Live does have a manual box out. I'm not sure how it compares, but it was mentioned as a positive in 2k's rebounding and not mentioned for Live.

# 11 tabulaRasa @ 06/25/09 03:24 AM
Only a blind moron would think Live was anywere close to 2K. If only the blind EA fanboys could actually realize all the good stuff in 2K, but I guess a EA logo is all they need to be "OMG, Itīs amazing! I canīt believe it!!"..... fools

# 12 JohnDoe8865 @ 06/25/09 03:36 AM
This is my favorite original content on Operation Sports by far. Keep it up Czar, I love the work you put into it.

# 13 youvalss @ 06/25/09 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
Only a blind moron would think Live was anywere close to 2K. If only the blind EA fanboys could actually realize all the good stuff in 2K, but I guess a EA logo is all they need to be "OMG, Itīs amazing! I canīt believe it!!"..... fools
Some day someone will have to do some experiment - filming some 2K gameplay - but with EA's layouts and logos. Of coursre, it will have to be a brand new trailer, so no one has seen it yet to know the truth. That should be interesting (sure, legally it's problematic, but just for the experiment...).

# 14 Da_Czar @ 06/25/09 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbach
Not that it really matters, 2k definately won with the rebounding, but I thought I'd point out that Live does have a manual box out. I'm not sure how it compares, but it was mentioned as a positive in 2k's rebounding and not mentioned for Live.
Good point tbach. I ended up cutting that because in the rebound game testing I found it to be very effective in the rebounding practice mode but not so much in the actual game.

Maybe is more a fault of the playermovement but unless you were in perfect position I found it hard to engage and it never really have you an advantage. Plus it seemed to play just a default animation that didn't help you get better position.

With 2k's you can actually steer the man your boxing out back or left or right....in essence getting yourself better position to the go get the rebound.

so in overall effectiveness They have the control but between the control's ineffectiveness (to me) and the poor implementation it did not warrant an increase in the score. However you are correct I should have mentioned that have one.

In order to keep the time down I end up cutting a lot in a final edit to keep a good flow. I guess i just like to break down too much. without fail in every show I cut at LEAST 7 minutes of my commentary because it just brings the show to a crawl...LOL

again way to point that out.

# 15 BlackRome @ 06/25/09 11:10 AM
Unfortunately 2k9 took a big step back from 2k8.

Live is actually more fun this year than 2k do to the fact the response time in 2k9 is just frustrating.

No wonder 2k did not release the game with the 2k camera online.

To me both games suck to high heaven. There wasn't a playable basketball game this year.

And I've played over a 1000 games on 2k7 and 2k8.

Sorry but 2k9 was just a terrible release for 2k.

I feel sorry for this guy wasting his time on two terrible games.

# 16 tbach @ 06/25/09 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Good point tbach. I ended up cutting that because in the rebound game testing I found it to be very effective in the rebounding practice mode but not so much in the actual game.

Agreed. I didn't actually use the control much because of its lack of effectiveness.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.