Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SkinsBoYee @ 07/11/09 01:08 AM
There are alot of us on here that play that angle. We are the movement. We are the way. Step into the light.

But seriously, its the only way I can play. It is very easy and adds so much to the game. The reasons and why's have been explained many a time. Don't want to turn this into another broadcast camera thread. But my question to you...how can you play football vertically? Feels completely unrealistic.

# 62 Bgamer90 @ 07/11/09 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'm a little lost on the broadcast camera... are you guys coach mode or CPU vs. CPU watchers? I can't imagine trying to play that way. That'd be terrible.

Hell, I can't imagine coach mode from that angle. How do you know what defenses your facing? And if you don't know what defenses you're facing, are you 'coaching', or calling random offensive plays and letting the CPU play it out? If so, what's the point?

The only place I want a broadcast cam is for the walk to the line and replays.
Yeah exactly. I've heard some people say that they would like to play the game in that view and I'm like... "wow... really?"

# 63 achain @ 07/11/09 01:12 AM
Man, I just don't know what to think of Madden 10 sometimes. Sometimes I get very concerned with certain features that are still lacking and bumming me out, and then sometimes I see some pretty fantastic improvements that make me want to buy it.

# 64 SkinsBoYee @ 07/11/09 01:17 AM
Honestly...bet the majority, if they played that way for 2 days, learned routes and actually got timing down, would never go back to playing vertically. Running is great in broadcast view.

# 65 Jax696 @ 07/11/09 01:18 AM
Adembroski

All of the above. The broadcast angle is just a different way to immerse into the franchise aspect of the game. It's cool if you can't dig it, but what's not cool, is that this was an aspect of video game football that we were given for a long time, to become quite acquainted with, and it was EA SPORTS who took that away from us. So I'm sure you can understand why someone like me would have some frustration about that, since this is my only option if I want video game football.

But the post was more for Ian, becasue now he's making videos, pumping this stuff up - broadcast this, broadcast that - ain't a damn thing broadcast if it don't have broadcast angle. They watched hours and hours of football and never once did someone say, "gee, we should have a broadcast angle - (like the one everybody had four/five years ago)?"

It's just strange to me that a feature so, seemingly, effortlessly implemented for so long is now mysteriously a problem. I just don't get it, and it sucks for me because it's something I got used to and can't have anymore.

I'll lick my wounds.

# 66 Bgamer90 @ 07/11/09 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax696
. They watched hours and hours of football and never once did someone say, "gee, we should have a broadcast angle - (like the one everybody had four/five years ago)?"
Again, it is in the game, it's just that the user won't be able to pick it since there's still bugs with it.

People are complaining about not be able to choose it now, and I'm pretty sure that people would still be complaining (maybe even more) if they let the user pick the camera angle even though there is bugs in it.

# 67 cam21224 @ 07/11/09 01:37 AM
That is some pretty sweet presentation going on for Madden 10.

This is the best video shown so far, even though it's just lil clips of gameplay here and there.

# 68 geezmeister @ 07/11/09 02:12 AM
Good job Ea. Good job my friends

# 69 MattIntellect @ 07/11/09 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Again, it is in the game, it's just that the user won't be able to pick it since there's still bugs with it.

People are complaining about not be able to choose it now, and I'm pretty sure that people would still be complaining (maybe even more) if they let the user pick the camera angle even though there is bugs in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040
What's the point of it being in the game if it doesn't work?

Also yeah all them cut-scenes look good but the running animations still need work, & A LOT....
You guys are confused. There are bugs that are preventing you from being able to use the broadcast cam now, but Ian will fix it through a patch and you'll be able to use it then.

# 70 israel bred!! @ 07/11/09 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'm a little lost on the broadcast camera... are you guys coach mode or CPU vs. CPU watchers? I can't imagine trying to play that way. That'd be terrible.

Hell, I can't imagine coach mode from that angle. How do you know what defenses your facing? And if you don't know what defenses you're facing, are you 'coaching', or calling random offensive plays and letting the CPU play it out? If so, what's the point?

The only place I want a broadcast cam is for the walk to the line and replays.
right!!!!!

# 71 ice23 @ 07/11/09 02:48 AM
Man this madden will be the ish. cant wait til the 14th of august.

# 72 Gossennator @ 07/11/09 03:10 AM
Geeez..cant wait for this game to come out. I have never been to a midnight release for Madden but this year I will be there for sure.

# 73 titansftw @ 07/11/09 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Definitely best video the marketing crew has done yet - kudos to them. This one really does a great job of just driving home what our vision was and how we executed it.

Yay. I feel good.
As you should. The cut scenes look FANTASTIC. As do the graphics, but that's not what the vid was, so I won't waste time on it, lol. Really nice.

# 74 kingkilla56 @ 07/11/09 03:43 AM
All we need now is a season showdown feature and this game will reach epic status

# 75 TracerBullet @ 07/11/09 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040
What's the point of it being in the game if it doesn't work?

Also yeah all them cut-scenes look good but the running animations still need work, & A LOT....
So they can fix it and actually have it on there at some point. It's better than them leaving it out and the people that want it having to wait another year.

The fact that many people can play on that camera angle is still amazing to me. I tired it before... didn't end well.

I'm liking the presentation in this game. Were the 9ers helmets fixed? It kinda looked like they were on my computer but I'm not sure.

# 76 soxnut1018 @ 07/11/09 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
All we need now is a season showdown feature and this game will reach epic status
And MASCOTS!

# 77 dat boi Q @ 07/11/09 04:56 AM
good cutscenes but did u see the halftime show it is bad very bad

# 78 VolPett @ 07/11/09 07:49 AM
Where can I get that kick-*** "Tecmo like" 8-bit football t-shirt Michael Young has on?

# 79 yancygreen @ 07/11/09 08:19 AM
Interesting, but for those of you who saw that, ask yourself this? If they REALLY wanted to capture the atmosphere of a TV broadcast, then they should have more camera angles to play from! Maybe a "Broadcast Camera" Am I wrong on this? The last gen games you could at least play from "demo", "sideline", angles and more and hey remember Sega/2K sports had a "broadcast" camera angle and slightly cheesy (but actually very interesting and original "1st person camera". Even NFL Head Coach 09 has different camera views. Her's to hoping that maybe the developers listen to the fans/buyers and maybe add a downloadable patch to the game to get different camera angles. This should be done for NCAA also. What do you guys think?

# 80 harnalien @ 07/11/09 08:37 AM
I wonder if they will have Bellicheck's infamous handshake. Anyway, I hate to admit it, but it looks like things are turning around at EA. There are still things that should be addressed, but there are some great additions. Hopefully things will continue to progress. I may actually buy after renting this year! Now, just finish what you've started !

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.