Home
News Post

OSCAR DE LA HOYA HEADLINES DOWNLOADABLE
BOXER PACK FOR EA’s FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4

August 12, 2009 – Electronic Arts revealed that its first downloadable boxer pack for Fight Night Round 4 will be available in late August on XBOX LIVE and the Playstation Network for 800 Microsoft points and $9.99, respectively. The downloadable boxer pack will include Oscar De La Hoya, Vitali Klitschko, Wladimir Klitschko, and alternate versions of George Foreman and James Toney. Named the Game Critic Awards “Best Sports Game of E3 2009”, Fight Night Round 4 has been winning over reviewers and fans since its release on June 23rd.

In addition to the boxer pack, EA SPORTS™ will also be releasing a free downloadable game update at the end of August. The free update will include additional trunks, gloves and shorts, as well as a free button control scheme that will allow gamers to use face buttons on the Xbox 360 and PS3 game controllers to throw punches, hooks, uppercuts and haymakers. A new demo featuring the button controls will also be available on XBOX LIVE and the Playstation Network by early September. The 12 round demo will feature Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali as playable boxers.

“We are extremely excited to be able to add Oscar and the Klitschko brothers as part of our roster,” said executive producer, Dean Richards. “As three of the most globally recognized names in the sport, they are an important addition to the Fight Night Round 4 lineup.

Fight Night Round 4 is currently available for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game system from Microsoft. This game has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB, and 16+ by PEGI. For more information, log onto http://fightnight.easports.com.

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 djcorrosive @ 08/18/09 05:05 PM
It looks like EA did the right thing...they dropped the price to 480 points/$5.99 for DLC pack 1...that's not too bad...better than $10!

http://blog.fightnight.easports.com/...oxer-pack.aspx

# 42 parker002 @ 08/18/09 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcorrosive
It looks like EA did the right thing...they dropped the price to 480 points/$5.99 for DLC pack 1...that's not too bad...better than $10!

That's much more in-line.

EA offers Rock Band tracks for 160 points each or 440 points for a pack of 3. 3 new boxers plus 2 alternate versions is worth about that - 120 points per new boxer and 60 per alternate version.

# 43 acts238shaun @ 08/19/09 01:13 PM
My whole hang up is the K Bros could be done with a CAB easily if they aren't mocapped, especially with 87 ratings. I agree for the most part except Vitali has a better chin than they give him credit for.

# 44 parker002 @ 08/19/09 02:12 PM
They need to get Juan Manual Marquez and Paul Williams in the game, and they REALLY need more fighters in the lowest 2 or 3 weight classes.

# 45 Ermolli @ 08/19/09 03:42 PM
Luckly they reduced the cost, maybe I buy it.

# 46 boritter @ 08/21/09 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcorrosive

I just saw this on EA's blog. As I have mentioned in other threads, I thought $5 was right for 3 new boxers and 2 remakes. $6 will work. Props to EA for listening to the customer on this one.

# 47 parker002 @ 08/21/09 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I just saw this on EA's blog. As I have mentioned in other threads, I thought $5 was right for 3 new boxers and 2 remakes. $6 will work. Props to EA for listening to the customer on this one.
Despite all the bugs and issues with this game, EA has pretty much listened all along. They definitely deserve credit.

# 48 L. BuЯNa @ 08/22/09 11:02 PM
YES!!! The Klitschko brothers will be a nice addition.

Fighters who I would love to see in the next DLC are:

Heavyweight:
Samuel Peter
Evander Holyfield

Light Heavyweight:
Antonio Tarver
Chad Dawson
Carl Froch

Middleweight
Bernard Hopkins
Paul Williams
Tito Trinidad
Ricardo Mayorga

Welterweight:
Antonio Margarito
Zab Judah
Floyd Mayweather

Lightweight:
Juan Manuel Marquez
Amir Khan

Featherweight:
Chris John
Prince Naseem Hamed

Flyweight:
Vic Darchinyan

Classic Fighters:
Rocky Marciano
Jack Dempsey
Floyd Patterson
Joe Louis

# 49 IStillDoWhatIDo @ 08/23/09 01:31 AM
won't be getting this. madden has come out. Modern Warefare on the horizon. I haven't played FN in two weeks and its a GREAT game

# 50 CameronKrazie86 @ 08/23/09 04:34 PM
While I was definitely hesitant to get this at it's initial price of $9.99, with the further reduction in price ($4.99) according to the EA blog, I'm definitely getting this. 400 MS points is the perfect price range if they're going to charge for DLC.

I would love for them to come out with a top prospects pack. I think it would be a great way to get new fans of some guys who could be the future of boxing in their weight division.

As for current guys, Paul Williams, Antonio Margarito, Floyd Mayweather, and Juan Manuel Marquez are the ones I'd like the most to be added next. The more current boxers, the better.

Does anyone know if any new commentary will be added for the new boxers? That would be a nice addition as well.

Anyways, I'm definitely going to download this now thanks to the reduced price, return of the button controls (even if I'm not sure I'll switch back to it) and frankly just more game content for an already amazing game. More downloadable content please!

# 51 rockchisler @ 08/23/09 04:57 PM
Quote:

Comment on your sig, Your comment was not constructive criticism, thats why you got hit.

# 52 stizz @ 08/24/09 01:38 AM
Do you guys think Tua could be included in one of the future DLC packs since his name is on FNR4?

# 53 acts238shaun @ 08/24/09 08:25 AM
I want Lucian Bute and Edwin Valero added as well the great list's above.

# 54 parker002 @ 08/24/09 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L. BuЯNa
YES!!! The Klitschko brothers will be a nice addition.

Fighters who I would love to see in the next DLC are:

Heavyweight:
Samuel Peter
Evander Holyfield

Light Heavyweight:
Antonio Tarver
Chad Dawson
Carl Froch

Middleweight
Bernard Hopkins
Paul Williams
Tito Trinidad
Ricardo Mayorga

Welterweight:
Antonio Margarito
Zab Judah
Floyd Mayweather

Lightweight:
Juan Manuel Marquez
Amir Khan

Featherweight:
Chris John
Prince Naseem Hamed

Flyweight:
Vic Darchinyan

Classic Fighters:
Rocky Marciano
Jack Dempsey
Floyd Patterson
Joe Louis
I like this list alot.

It's still pretty light in the lower weight classes. I'd like to see them add Israel Vazquez, Raphael Marquez, and Juan Manuel Lopez.

Maybe even Stevie Luevano.

# 55 Ratfather @ 08/24/09 05:39 PM
Are these boxers unlockable yet? I see they are in the game but when I go to purchase them it wont let me. Are they just not available yet or am I completley missing something?

# 56 L. BuЯNa @ 08/24/09 07:29 PM
^I think its going to be release on the 27th.

# 57 tyreeii @ 08/24/09 07:56 PM
You are right it will be the 27th. I read it online. At least they lowered the price of the DLC fighters to 4.99. I guess enough people complained or they figured they could get more new buyers with the lower price.

# 58 Artman22 @ 08/24/09 08:38 PM
Quote:
I don't think it was about listening. Maybe it wasn't selling??

# 59 parker002 @ 08/25/09 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
I don't think it was about listening. Maybe it wasn't selling??
It HAD to be about listening. It couldn't have been selling, because it's not out yet.

# 60 65South @ 08/25/09 11:46 AM
In addition to the Boxer Pack II, I just saw from EA that there will be additional updates to FNR4 including "all new gloves, trunks, and boosts for your CAB."

Another note that really won't affect anyone in here since we all have the game, but they'll also be releasing a second demo that is 10 rounds and includes Tyson and Ali in addition to the original Pacquiao and Hatton.

All should be able to be downloadable as previously mentioned on Thursday the 27th for both Xbox and PS3.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.