Home
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine News Post

Game: NBA 2K10: Draft CombineReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dlane0087 @ 08/14/09 10:47 PM
I like the camera angle, I thought it was going to be to far zoomed out. It has me wishing that they had posted they 2K video.

# 2 TheBadazz @ 08/14/09 10:53 PM
Looks good. A couple of weeks to go. I like it tells you when you held the ball too long. And grades you on how your playing realtime.

# 3 Goffs @ 08/14/09 11:03 PM
so we dont control the other guys...thats cool but i hope we get to play in broadcast cam as well..

# 4 chrisc50 @ 08/14/09 11:11 PM
Looks great, A + +

# 5 JWiLL02 @ 08/14/09 11:12 PM
Ugh...only a few seconds and I saw that lame animation where the defensive player can force your ballhandler to awkwardly turn around. Was really hoping that would be gone.

# 6 jfsolo @ 08/14/09 11:23 PM
Tough to get a solid read on things with the User playing like the typical video game basketball User. I see a lot of players getting an "F" in their teammate grade, lol. Instead of saying "held ball too long" It should say "Stop being a ball stopping, black hole, and give up the rock"

# 7 Jano @ 08/14/09 11:31 PM
Too short of a clip to really get excited about doesn't look much different from 2K9. Need to say a better clip

# 8 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/14/09 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Too short of a clip to really get excited about doesn't look much different from 2K9. Need to see a better clip
this

# 9 youvalss @ 08/14/09 11:36 PM
I think there's a new post-up move there. I think that's what it is.

# 10 infam0us @ 08/14/09 11:44 PM
JD is a cheese

The post drop step and floater was a nice move. I think they changed the animation because I used the post drop step quite a few times and don't remember shooting a floater or hook, w/e you want to call it like that.

# 11 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/15/09 12:07 AM
Nice video. Can't wait for this to come out.

# 12 tanner99 @ 08/15/09 12:19 AM
im still on the fence between 2k10 and live 10 this year

i heard theres a free version of the draft combine where you cant save stuff or something. is that true? and if so, then does it come out the same day as the full version?

# 13 Aces15 @ 08/15/09 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99
im still on the fence between 2k10 and live 10 this year

i heard theres a free version of the draft combine where you cant save stuff or something. is that true? and if so, then does it come out the same day as the full version?
All it is, is a demo of the full thing where you can play the 5 on 5 with your created character, but not advance his stats.

# 14 tanner99 @ 08/15/09 02:34 AM
ok thats better then nothing. i just want to see the gameplay. and its coming out on the same day?

# 15 Shinyhubcaps @ 08/15/09 02:49 AM
Nice video, but I don't get too excited about videos when I can play the same thing for free (meaning the limited Draft Combine before you pay, like mentioned above). The animations were smoother than 2K9, or maybe it just seemed like it. Dupri sucks at the teammate grade thing (I do too, from my lone outing in 2K9 Team Up).

# 16 Aces15 @ 08/15/09 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99
ok thats better then nothing. i just want to see the gameplay. and its coming out on the same day?
Yeah, the 26th for the 360, and the 3rd of September for PS3.

# 17 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/15/09 02:54 AM
I like the last scene.. (post up move)

# 18 Goffs @ 08/15/09 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Ugh...only a few seconds and I saw that lame animation where the defensive player can force your ballhandler to awkwardly turn around. Was really hoping that would be gone.
When i saw that i cringed as well its one of the worst contact animations in game....

plus side is that the spacing looks better and that turbo bar is nice to see...

# 19 shindiana @ 08/15/09 04:37 AM
Nice find.
I noticed that the weird blond guys are still on the game. Otherwise it looks fun.

# 20 Sovartus @ 08/15/09 06:53 AM
I really wasn't impressed. I noticed that the control was a little tighter and it looks like they made an effort to control the sliding but it's still a mess. That post move looks like the same one that was in the game last year. Looks like he did the normal hop into the lane and then did a simple hook shot by pressing the R. stick towards the goal. The drop step would be pressing the Y button in the back down and stepping down towards the baseline at the goal. (that wasn't a drop step) I didn't see anything new.

It did look like you could break animations a little easier but again, it's still animation heavy. You can tell when the PG was coming up court and was forced into several animations which is one of the things I hate most about 2K.

Looks like for the second year in a row, they took the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude. IT'S BROKE! FIX IT! Looks like I will be probably playing Live this year unless they drop a bomb on us. The only thing I can think of that may be is that the combine is 2K9 with some fixes and they are saving the real meat and potatoes for 2K10. Let's hope this is true. I'm still trying to give 2K the benefit of the doubt but I must admit, there sure is a lot of doubt right now.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.