Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Gamespot has posted an NBA Live 10 article, they have titled, Changing the Game.

Quote:
"Player ratings are always a hot topic in sports games. Whether it's arguing about the relative ratings of Michael Vick and Brett Favre as they return to Madden NFL 10, or discussing where you think Florida quarterback Tim Tebow should be rated in this year's NCAA Football 10, it's a constant back-and-forth, one that is reflected in sports games via frequent roster updates. But, like so much else in sports, there's an element of bias in player ratings that is sometimes difficult to reconcile with the facts. In some cases the bias is overt--as might be the case in the Vick or Favre debates, where fan controversy stokes the fires. But even in situations where player performance and statistics drives the ratings decisions--as is the case with the sports game developers at companies like EA Sports and 2K Sports who assign the ratings to players--the simple fact of the matter is that, at its core, an attribute rating is often a judgment call.

That is set to change, and NBA Live is leading the way. That's because more and more of the player data in NBA Live is being driven directly by the so-called Dynamic DNA system, which was introduced in 2008's NBA Live 09. Dynamic DNA takes the metric ton of data recorded by the Synergy scouting service (who partners with EA Sports in this feature) and feeds it directly into Live. As a result, if you're playing Live, you have a direct feed as to what is happening with every player and every team in the NBA, thanks to the daily downloads available in the game."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 green94 @ 08/24/09 10:36 AM
Sounds awesome.

# 42 RayAllen20 @ 08/24/09 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
there's no shortage of highlight passes in this year's game. That was actually the original intention of the freestyle pass feature. At one point every pass was a behind the back or no look. The actual mechanic just felt so good that we opted to turn it into an all encompassing passing stick. But regardless, freestyle passing is still the best way to get a flashy assist.

Maybe the biggest improvement to the passing game though is the offball movement of your teammates. They move with a much greater sense of purpose and do a better job at capitalizing on cutting to open spots. It really opens up the floor and makes for much more interesting basketball.
wow this is one thing a basketball game has never gotten right. Great passes! If Live 10 succesfully does what your saying it does I cannot wait.

# 43 23bluesman @ 08/24/09 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
oh wow, thanks for letting us know! I was definately curious..
lol!

Anyway, can't wait to throw some sick passes with Steve Nash!

# 44 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/24/09 10:23 PM
After reading the article, I noticed all the Live haters in the comments section.... I'm not so sure if they know what they are talking about there....

They said EA should focus on gameplay first before DNA STUFF - well they did, didn't they? hahahaha!

I find it HILARIOUS! hahahahh

# 45 bigballa21 @ 08/24/09 11:57 PM
about the passing mechanic will any player be able to pull it off? i would hate to see greg oden pulling off a behind the back pass

# 46 23 @ 08/25/09 12:15 AM
No... I already asked

Beluba said passes will be contextual to big men

# 47 Jonesy @ 08/25/09 01:15 AM
From everything i'm hearing the controls are sounding great for live 10, lots of depth to try to master gives awesome replayability imo.

My only nitpick is from the screen's that i'm hoping in future additions they apply some better cloth physics to the shorts like they do to the jersey's which look great in 10. Kinda like the comparison pics below where Dwight is wearing "balloon pants" in live 10 but they drape in real life.

No biggie....

# 48 23 @ 08/25/09 01:20 AM
They did do the cloth physics thats why his shorts are like that dude

they said they enlarged them for that very reason, but thats just a still shot.

# 49 Jonesy @ 08/25/09 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
They did do the cloth physics thats why his shorts are like that dude

they said they enlarged them for that very reason, but thats just a still shot.
Cool, thanks man, did not know that.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.