Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K10 trailer, featuring Kobe Bryant.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 GSW @ 08/25/09 04:18 PM
yall funny man.

this just goes to show people complain about any and everything...stop being so damn negative man, damn.

I pick my battles, and this is a battle thats not worth fighting (I saw nothing negative about this video, other than lighting and that was said to be fixed, or a non issue)

# 62 blingballa333 @ 08/25/09 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Where the heck is RubenDouglas!!
No kidding, that guy was the king of court comparisons

# 63 Aces15 @ 08/25/09 04:19 PM
I think the trailer was just made darker, just like last year the teasers were noticeably darker than the actual game. Other than that, really not much to see here, but that's what a teaser is for.

# 64 blingballa333 @ 08/25/09 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
yall funny man.

this just goes to show people complain about any and everything...stop being so damn negative man, damn.

I pick my battles, and this is a battle thats not worth fighting (I saw nothing negative about this video, other than lighting and that was said to be fixed, or a non issue)
I'm not sold on the lighting thing yet, I'll have to see for myself.

# 65 Stumbleweed @ 08/25/09 04:20 PM
Just watched it and it looked good... the jersey texture on that close shot looked really great but I'm disappointed that they all have the same crease pattern still and don't really move, Live has variation in jersey tucks/fits and it helps the overall look.

But yeah, small beans there, just a nitpick. Kobe still looks almost like Ben Gordon... his face isn't as nice as others that I've seen so far, which is kinda surprising given I thought they nailed him last year. The footplanting on that up and under animation was nice, but of course it's a long two-part mo-capped animation, so hopefully it wouldn't be sliding all over the place.

That didn't do much to get my hopes up, but at least actual 2K10 stuff is coming out now. Another nice fluffy trailer from 2K that impresses people but doesn't give any real info... fine with me, I just hope they get moving on specifics soon and don't rely on secondary sources like Chase to get to the nuts and bolts of the game.

Also, on the graphics/lighting tip, the players look really good and kind of gritty/realistic, but I really don't like the overall look of the game. Too dark and gritty-looking, similar to how Live 09 looked actually... hopefully that was mostly due to the Staples Center lighting thing and we'll see bright courts like the Pepsi Center look more crisp as they do in Live.

# 66 Jrod1924 @ 08/25/09 04:21 PM
wow everybody wanted a 2K10 trailer, then we get one
and people complain about every little thing....

# 67 jmood88 @ 08/25/09 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces15
I think the trailer was just made darker, just like last year the teasers were noticeably darker than the actual game. Other than that, really not much to see here, but that's what a teaser is for.
Yeah you can tell that video isn't good quality and that the lighting isn't the same as the real game.

# 68 chrisc50 @ 08/25/09 04:24 PM
That was pretty sweet, I'm not much of a KB24 fan but was still a great teaser to start off with.

# 69 blingballa333 @ 08/25/09 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod1924
wow everybody wanted a 2K10 trailer, then we get one
and people complain about every little thing....
Talk about over-generalization. The only thing getting complained about is the Lakers court being noticeably inaccurate. "Every little thing", c'mon now.

# 70 aholbert32 @ 08/25/09 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Yeah you can tell that video isn't good quality and that the lighting isn't the same as the real game.

I watched the HD version and thought it was better.

# 71 RICH72601 @ 08/25/09 04:26 PM
I really hope this is an early build as far as the jerseys go because they are no where near on point to how the authentic ones look. This trailer didn't impress me, but it's not like I need a video to tell me that 2K will be a good game.

# 72 RayDog253 @ 08/25/09 04:26 PM
It's a nice teaser, The jersey almost looked as good as the Garnette CG video last year.
Will this just be an animation like the Rondo one last year, or are we gonna have full control of the move? What's your guy's thoughts on the matter?

# 73 Pared @ 08/25/09 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Another nice fluffy trailer from 2K that impresses people but doesn't give any real info... fine with me, I just hope they get moving on specifics soon and don't rely on secondary sources like Chase to get to the nuts and bolts of the game.

It's a teaser...

Every year, you expect people to understand the process these companies use for marketing... and they don't.

Once combine drops, you'll get your less "fluffy" videos... man...

You guys never disappoint.

# 74 tehova @ 08/25/09 04:28 PM
Just to jump in real quick about Chase being a secondary source of info...with the advent of twitter this is now the FIRST line if marketing. You know exactly where to find the info,which site,estimated time and when its released u get a direct link to the content.

# 75 blingballa333 @ 08/25/09 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

It's a teaser...

Every year, you expect people to understand the process these companies use for marketing... and they don't.

Once combine drops, you'll get your less "fluffy" videos... man...

You guys never disappoint.
That's because we continually get dissapointed.

# 76 elev8rmuzik @ 08/25/09 04:31 PM
Too many hairs on Kobe's mustache for me. That's just me though

# 77 Pared @ 08/25/09 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehova
Just to jump in real quick about Chase being a secondary source of info...with the advent of twitter this is now the FIRST line if marketing. You know exactly where to find the info,which site,estimated time and when its released u get a direct link to the content.
Exactly, Chase spent 5 hours at 2k... then came back with a boatload of info because he writes for a dedicated sports video game site.

There's nothing secondary about OS. At all.

Bling, I'd be really loose when using that term "we" around here.

# 78 Pared @ 08/25/09 04:34 PM
Both companies do it Ray. No big deal.

I'm sure it's nothing like Anchorman if the groups meet.

# 79 Pared @ 08/25/09 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Talk about killin an already lame joke
I'm known to do that.

# 80 jmood88 @ 08/25/09 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19

Gotta love it... nothin wrong with a little scoutin!
What's funny about that is one of the guy's names is "iminurbase"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.