Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Check out the new NBA Live 10 blog, going over passing controls.

Quote:
"So for this week, we’re going to take a look at passing. Passing is one of those features that hasn’t seen a ton of new innovation in recent iterations. Everyone just expects to be able to get the ball from one player to another with as little frustration as possible. Sometimes that’s easier said than done. It seems like every year people complain about “directional passing,” saying that their passes are getting thrown to a different player than the guy they’re pointing at. We spent quite a bit of time working on the directional passing logic and re-tuning the system to accommodate the tendencies of different people. You’d be surprised at how different the expected behavior is from one person to the next when trying to throw a simple pass. Some people flick the stick, some swing it, and some people are always just off a little bit because they can’t compensate for the camera angle. Another tool we gave the user this year is the player indicator direction arrow. If you’ve seen videos of gameplay you’ve probably noticed a little arrow protruding from the ball handler’s indicator. That arrow represents exactly what you’re doing on the left analog stick at all times."

Again guys, lower difficulty to showcase a certain feature.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 fLyGuY JuSa3 @ 08/28/09 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
When you're offball:

A, CROSS = Call for pass
B, CIRCLE = Call for offball screen
X, SQUARE = Tell AI-controlled ball handler to shoot
Y, TRIANGLE = Call for alley-oop
Down on Right stick = Set screen
Whoaa thats nice!
man you guys are great......
always interacting with the gamers....
I LOVE IT!

# 102 crm968 @ 08/28/09 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Not gonna lie, you got me with that one
LOL yea i had to extend it a bit so the jk wouldn't be seen from the corner of the eye.

Awesome Controls EA.

I am eager to give out some no look assists to KG for the slam. Or a drive and dish to the corner 3 with allen. Or a pick and pop with KG. Or a simple pass to Pierce so he can take advantage of a mismatch on the post. Or....Or....Or......WARNING! WARNING! SYSTEM OVERLOAD!!! SYSTEM OVERLOAD!!!

# 103 XxX syntax XxX @ 08/28/09 07:24 PM
Quote:
When you're offball:

A, CROSS = Call for pass
Thats amazeing man..Keep up the good work and sick controls. Im really glad that you joined the ea team to

# 104 Jano @ 08/28/09 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm968
LOL yea i had to extend it a bit so the jk wouldn't be seen from the corner of the eye.

Awesome Controls EA.

I am eager to give out some no look assists to KG for the slam. Or a drive and dish to the corner 3 with allen. Or a pick and pop with KG. Or a simple pass to Pierce so he can take advantage of a mismatch on the post. Or....Or....Or......WARNING! WARNING! SYSTEM OVERLOAD!!! SYSTEM OVERLOAD!!!
Lol your probably going to pass out from excitement once you get your hands on the demo.

# 105 Benicio10 @ 08/28/09 07:34 PM
Quote:
When you're offball:

A, CROSS = Call for pass
Someone had a great question... what if you want to revert user control back to the ball handler. is that possible?

# 106 crm968 @ 08/28/09 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Lol your probably going to pass out from excitement once you get your hands on the demo.
If i were to pass out when the demo hits then i hope i wake up on the 6th lol. If that was the case, who wouldn't want to pass out?

# 107 crm968 @ 08/28/09 07:39 PM
Quote:
They might pull the plug on you on the 5th...
LMFAO!!!!!!! That was the funniest **** i have heard in a while. Man that would suck, and against my will too. If that's the case i should start writing a letter of notification saying that i will be waking up on the 6th lol.

# 108 Jano @ 08/28/09 07:44 PM
I was just about to put that in my post Ray

# 109 bateman11 @ 08/28/09 07:54 PM
The jumpers are looking EXCELLENT! Drose jumper is spot on!

# 110 XxX syntax XxX @ 08/28/09 07:59 PM
Quote:
This is just gettin scary now
Isnt it

# 111 23 @ 08/28/09 08:01 PM
I want to throw a behind the back pass to a trailing teammate on a fastbreak while the defense tries to stop me for a Jam

# 112 crm968 @ 08/28/09 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I want to throw a behind the back pass to a trailing teammate on a fastbreak while the defense tries to stop me for a Jam
lets make that a bounce pass too.

Also imagine a two-handed between the legs pass in the same scenario. that would be sick.

# 113 Jano @ 08/28/09 08:07 PM
Quote:
This is just gettin scary now
I agree can't do much about it though and damn that pic freaked me out wasn't expectin it Lol.

# 114 crm968 @ 08/28/09 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLyGuY JuSa3
LMAO! hahaha
thats not even scary......
ITs UGLY lol
Naw man this is ugly

Hey you guys!!!! LMAO

# 115 23 @ 08/28/09 08:10 PM
Last and only warning, get on topic or infractions are coming

# 116 23 @ 08/28/09 08:12 PM
temporarily locked

# 117 Beluba @ 08/28/09 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
Someone had a great question... what if you want to revert user control back to the ball handler. is that possible?
Cool2fool beat me to it, but he's right. You can pull up the icons and switch back to the ball handler if you want, or any other player for that matter.

# 118 VilleCity101 @ 08/29/09 12:35 AM
i don't know if this has been asked already but can u still do freestyle passing without pulling up tha icons?

# 119 Rob. D @ 08/29/09 12:43 AM
Looks good

# 120 Cnyce86 @ 08/29/09 01:12 AM
how many more days till the demo????

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.