Home
Backbreaker News Post

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 chadskee @ 09/03/09 06:54 AM
Looks like a cool game for my iPhone but it won't represent the real game in any way because it won't use euphoria. The devs already cleared this up on the boards.

# 2 Cryolemon @ 09/03/09 10:57 AM
Looks pretty cool. I don't have an iPhone or iPod Touch though lol.

I wonder how long it will be before the backbreaker haters get to this thread...

# 3 burnwood @ 09/03/09 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Looks pretty cool. I don't have an iPhone or iPod Touch though lol.

I wonder how long it will be before the backbreaker haters get to this thread...
Is it really Backbreaker without Euphoria though??

# 4 AlphaTrojan @ 09/03/09 08:10 PM
Hope this means the 360/PS3 version is ready soon.

# 5 Cryolemon @ 09/03/09 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Is it really Backbreaker without Euphoria though??
From what I can tell it uses a vanilla version of Euphoria that runs on the iPhone.

# 6 burnwood @ 09/04/09 01:48 PM
Quote:
From what I can tell it uses a vanilla version of Euphoria that runs on the iPhone.
Sounds contradictory to the second comment here.

# 7 Cryolemon @ 09/04/09 02:05 PM
Quote:
Sounds contradictory to the second comment here.
It uses Endorphin, which is similar to Euphoria, but not as powerful.

# 8 PantherBeast_OS @ 09/08/09 03:22 AM
Goody it is on Iphone now. But I am yet not convinced that is will be out anytime soon. Very little info is out for it. Accept a few videos clips here and there.

# 9 chadskee @ 09/08/09 05:15 AM
Quote:
It uses Endorphin, which is similar to Euphoria, but not as powerful.
Endorphin is a mo-cap animation engine while euphoria is the procedural animation engine.

# 10 Cryolemon @ 09/08/09 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
Endorphin is a mo-cap animation engine while euphoria is the procedural animation engine.
I'm not sure it's as simple as that. Someone really should look it up lol.

# 11 burnwood @ 09/08/09 02:01 PM
Well you should be sure before saying it's something that it isn't. That's the whole problem with this "game".

# 12 Cryolemon @ 09/08/09 06:11 PM
Quote:
Well you should be sure before saying it's something that it isn't. That's the whole problem with this "game".
Well, the iPhone version is almost certainly coming out. I'm not sure what animation system it uses, and I can't say I'm that bothered because I don't have an iPhone.

Also, if this thread is anything to go by, I'm not sure anyone actually knows the capabilities lol.

# 13 strickzilla @ 09/09/09 06:54 AM
"TA uses endorphin and morpheme... iPhone isn't quite powerful enough for euphoria"

sp not quite euphoria but i think a good "proof of concept" step

# 14 chadskee @ 09/14/09 10:08 PM
Maybe I wasn't 100% correct but it certainly isn't a procedural animation engine like Euphoria.

Quote:
Endorphin is a dynamic motion synthesis software package developed by NaturalMotion. Endorphin can be used to generate computer simulations of large numbers of independent characters interacting with each other and the world according to brief scripts or 'behaviours'. It combines physics, AI, and genetic algorithms to create realistic animations.
Unlike Euphoria, also developed by NaturalMotion, Endorphin is not an engine, but a 3D animation tool for Windows PC.
-Wikipedia

# 15 Cryolemon @ 09/15/09 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
Maybe I wasn't 100% correct but it certainly isn't a procedural animation engine like Euphoria.
But it is dynamic, and some people were saying it isn't.

# 16 speedrunner @ 09/29/09 03:25 PM
well.. its out now, so I am going to buy it and answer this debate once and for all...

# 17 speedrunner @ 09/29/09 03:58 PM
right - been playing it for a bit and it seems to be exactly what it says on the tin. Mini game - cool graphics - great animations - great tackles. Like it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.