Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports have posted another NBA Developer Insights. This one focuses on NBA 2K10 audio.

Quote:
"Custom arena music is in:
I know a lot of you have been asking us for this and NBA 2K10 delivers. For the first time, you can import your personal music and have it played through the PA system on your XBOX 360 . I haven’t been able to touch on every new audio feature that we have in store for you. Hopefully, you’re as excited about the new features as we are here at 2K. We’re working hard to break some new ground in sports game audio, but I think we’re just starting to scratch the surface of what’s possible. Enjoy!"

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 seanbarkley @ 09/04/09 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It's hilarious that as far as everyone knew it wasn't in the game at all until yesterday but now people want to talk about not buying the game because of it.
it's not only about the soundtrack dude!in my case it's the sensation that 2k doesn't give a **** about us!last year game was broke in many aspects: no midrange jumpshots, different sliders didn't affect the game at all...)and poor roster updates (i prefer no to talk about 2k insider). Moreover, if you are from europe as i am and you can't enjoy things like nba ticker, draft combine or collector's edition you have the sensation that u r being discriminated. So if 2k doesn't give a **** about me, i won't give a **** about 2k.

# 122 TheBadazz @ 09/04/09 07:43 PM
Maybe, just maybe, there is a real reason why this is happening. Did anybody PM Simballer about this? Even last gen, Xbox has custom soundtracks (I know the PS2 didn't have a HDD), but after the PS2 HDD came out you only got replays, not a custom soundtrack. Maybe that's something between 2k and MS, I really don't know.

# 123 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 09/04/09 08:14 PM
To all my PS3 users - let's all write letters of disgust to 2k.

Who's co-signing this?

# 124 seanbarkley @ 09/04/09 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
To all my PS3 users - let's all write letters of disgust to 2k.

Who's co-signing this?
count on me.this is the last straw man! if they don't fix it (i'm sure they won't) i won't buy the game. as simple as that.

# 125 akiracy @ 09/04/09 08:54 PM
its clearly 2ks way of getting back at sony for having the better baseball game

# 126 CoHouse2814 @ 09/04/09 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
I am a PS3 user...and it is dissapointing. It would be a great feature to have.

However... I also own Fight Night 4 and it was the exact same, 360 owners can load their own songs for fighter entrances / PS3 owners can't.

EA also couldn't do it for the PS3.

This suggests it's got a LOT more to do with the PS3 than it does the company.

I don't think it's fair to blame 2K for this one.
thank you court. people are quick to jump on 2k and they not buying it. man its people are looking for a reason to go to the comp.

console differential has always been around. why is like that? i dont know but its no big deal.

# 127 seanbarkley @ 09/04/09 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
thank you court. people are quick to jump on 2k and they not buying it. man its people are looking for a reason to go to the comp.

console differential has always been around. why is like that? i dont know but its no big deal.
I've been a 2k unconditional fan for 3 years man!but in my case it's not only one excuse (you can read them above). i don't care too much about soundtrack, it is as simple as turn off the volume and turn your ipod on. it's the sensation that 2k developers can do whatever they want to their customers without consequences, and they depend on em 100%.
Maybe it's me and other 4 guys who are thinkin about not to buy the game this year, but i think that is the only way they can learn the lesson and avoid doing that things on and on. i know that 360 is the biggest market for them, but maybe ps3 is, i don't know, the 30% of their sales?. they should also care about it.

# 128 CoHouse2814 @ 09/04/09 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
I've been a 2k unconditional fan for 3 years man!but in my case it's not only one excuse (you can read them above). i don't care too much about soundtrack, it is as simple as turn off the volume and turn your ipod on. it's the sensation that 2k developers can do whatever they want to their customers without consequences, and they depend on em 100%.
Maybe it's me and other 4 guys who are thinkin about not to buy the game this year, but i think that is the only way they can learn the lesson and avoid doing that things on and on. i know that 360 is the biggest market for them, but maybe ps3 is, i don't know, the 30% of their sales?. they should also care about it.
like i said you looking for a excuse to cause trouble. thats why im glad court mention fight night(i didnt purchase it) cause it totally disregard this custom music rant.

EA makes fight night and had 2 to 3 year development time for multi platforms and the 360 have somethin that the ps3 dont and this is EA, the biggest software developers period. WHY is that? how come fight night on the 360 has custom music and the ps3 dont? if you can answer that then you can continute to rant with no comebacks from me

thats why i said you should look at SONY. its some reason why 2k10 for ps3 does not have custom music but i can assure that its not 2k fault.

# 129 Pared @ 09/04/09 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy
its clearly 2ks way of getting back at sony for having the better baseball game
That's absolutely ridiculous. And I thought I had seen it all in these forums.

# 130 Eman5805 @ 09/04/09 10:09 PM
Honestly, it wouldn't matter one way or the other for me. I wouldn't use any custom sounds much anyway.

I've always loved diverse commentary. I'm playing MLB 09, and have had it since the day it dropped, and I'm STILL hearing new lines.

Everything else is, as we say in New Orleans, lagniappe.

# 131 eDotd @ 09/04/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Maybe it's me and other 4 guys who are thinkin about not to buy the game this year, but i think that is the only way they can learn the lesson and avoid doing that things on and on.

# 132 akiracy @ 09/04/09 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm1058123
pretty sure he's using green font and that notates sarcasm.

if not, wow.

# 133 VDusen04 @ 09/04/09 11:33 PM
I did not realize custom music would cause such an uproar. I wasn't even expecting to have it for any system this year.

# 134 marcoyk @ 09/05/09 12:32 AM
I'm a fan of this year's music. Looking forward to the game.

# 135 buddie ro @ 09/05/09 12:54 AM
alot of people is complaining about no custom soundtrack for ps3. its not 2k fault. while playing a game on ps3 you cant listen to music at the same time because of sony . so take it up with sony and stop blaming 2k

# 136 Tobi @ 09/05/09 03:10 AM
Custom PA has been done with MLB 09 The Show and PES 2009, the latter had custom soundtracks and allowed you to use mp3 files and assign them to every team as custom chants etc. And correct me if I'm wrong but it was only on the PS3 version too. The game was released in October last year.

There are plenty of other games that have normal custom soundtracks, the wonderful folk at Criterion even patched it into the PS3 version of Burnout Paradise after its initial release.

How is it Sony's fault when it can be done and has been done in the past?

Rant over.

# 137 seanbarkley @ 09/05/09 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
laugh as much as you want but you should only take a look at different forums over there to realize that there're lots former 2k fans ps3 users thinkin about it.

# 138 Goffs @ 09/05/09 05:31 AM
Quote:
laugh as much as you want but you should only take a look at different forums over there to realize that there're lots former 2k fans ps3 users thinkin about it.
ok so what happens if Live does the same thing...having this feature only for 360 and not on the PS3? What then? If you look at the release date for their Demo the PS3 demo doesnt come out till a week later. The combine came out first then PS3 later on....Are you PS3 fans not seeing a trend at all?

I really dont think the blame should be put on EA nor 2K at all....

# 139 seanbarkley @ 09/05/09 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
ok so what happens if Live does the same thing...having this feature only for 360 and not on the PS3? What then? If you look at the release date for their Demo the PS3 demo doesnt come out till a week later. The combine came out first then PS3 later on....Are you PS3 fans not seeing a trend at all?

I really dont think the blame should be put on EA nor 2K at all....
in that sense the blame is on sony of course, i'm not defending sony at all!and i'm not defending Live neither, i love nba 2k games man.
But for me there're different issues the release date of a demo and a different final version of a game (a simple port from 360 without some features). I don't know why you take it so personal bc i'm only tryin to defend something that i consider legitimate. i understand all american 360 users that think:"****! here is this dude cryin again..." since they have everything that can be asked for, but try just to imagine you are in the other shore, would you just assume it and don't say a word??

# 140 Goffs @ 09/05/09 08:18 AM
well i have all 3 systems and 360 gets all the playing time...PS3 for me is just collecting dust but im getting Live (yay a loop hole an excuse to get Live ) for the PS3 so i can finally play something (other than Blu-ray movies) on that thing...

Truth is if PS3 did have this feature only i really wouldnt care! Since i dont use my systems to stream music!! im just too lazy to upload music to the 360 and PS3...all im saying is that you gotta see both sides here...EA demo is being released a week later on the PS3 and i wouldnt be surprised at all if 2k's demo did the same!

Its mostly on Sony's side is what im saying and people are just way to quick to jump on 2k...its all probably some technical mumbo jumbo that they couldnt get it to work properly...hell they dont have this feature for the PC and i have a **** ton of music loaded up on the PC....so its all tech issues...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.