Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 10 FAQ - Part 1.

Quote:
"Hey Madden fans! It's been a little while since we dropped a post here on the blog, but we wanted to use this opportunity to answer a bunch of the most asked questions that have been showing up on forums, twitter, etc.

We thought we'd try something new though and do the FAQ in video form. It just made it more personal.

Some key points before you watch:

- The first title update was completed before the game shipped (in case you are wondering why certain issues didn't make it in)
- We're hard at work on the second title update, focusing primarily on various aspects of gameplay
- We're going to continue to make more of these FAQ videos."

If anyone wants to transcribe all of it I bet I could find some swag to send.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 BroMontana82 @ 09/10/09 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
"The other point (as mentioned by many) is that Solo and Assists= Total Tackles. If it's some really bitty reason (e.g. column or array space in the game), then just remove assists. Assists aren't shown on the NFL site, there's no need when Total TKLS and Solo TKLS are shown......"

Josh from EA, who is working on this, explained the problem. On some screens (season stat screens) the columns are labeled incorrectly. The "Total Tackles" column is showing solo tackles, and the other column shows assists.

There are actually too many solo tackles. He is tweaking it down.

He said that changing the screen would take too much time to make the patch, so the column will remain mislabeled.
yeah basically all of our assumptions were wrong, which really is a good thing in the end since they are being counted correctly. i guess we will just have to add "total" + assists in our heads. at least the numbers are too high rather than too low?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-update.html

# 142 joet6683 @ 09/10/09 02:23 PM
id almost rather have it back to a single tackle category. I thought it always worked fine that way. Now we can see leaders in solo and assisted tackles. who cares? I just want to know the total tackles leader!

# 143 DrewBledsoe @ 09/10/09 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
"The other point (as mentioned by many) is that Solo and Assists= Total Tackles. If it's some really bitty reason (e.g. column or array space in the game), then just remove assists. Assists aren't shown on the NFL site, there's no need when Total TKLS and Solo TKLS are shown......"

Josh from EA, who is working on this, explained the problem. On some screens (season stat screens) the columns are labeled incorrectly. The "Total Tackles" column is showing solo tackles, and the other column shows assists.

There are actually too many solo tackles. He is tweaking it down.

He said that changing the screen would take too much time to make the patch, so the column will remain mislabeled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
yeah basically all of our assumptions were wrong, which really is a good thing in the end since they are being counted correctly. i guess we will just have to add "total" + assists in our heads. at least the numbers are too high rather than too low?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-update.html
Just saw this after posting...thanks for the heads-up

# 144 budsticky @ 09/10/09 02:43 PM
Forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere on this thread, but I have to ask: with the new roster update containing increased ratings across the board for offense players in regards to pursuits on interceptions what will happen to draft classes in franchise mode? As franchises move on in years will we once again see the pick-6 problems as more fictional players come into the league? I'm assuming the update will not go in and fix all the draft classes, correct?

# 145 Gossennator @ 09/10/09 03:20 PM
So sideline catch awareness hasn't been addressed yet? Thats odd.

# 146 Herky @ 09/10/09 04:40 PM
Now THIS is outstanding community interaction.

# 147 thegoons21 @ 09/10/09 05:44 PM
Has there been any mention if we'll need to restart our franchises with the 1st or 2nd title update?

# 148 adam914 @ 09/10/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
Has there been any mention if we'll need to restart our franchises with the 1st or 2nd title update?
In the other thread about Franchise stat updates Josh said he was not sure yet and would let us know as soon as he finds out.

# 149 BroMontana82 @ 09/10/09 05:58 PM
it will certainly be interesting to see how the slider effectiveness adjustments in patch 1 will change things. i might need to restart a franchise anyway to adjust accordingly.

# 150 Vast @ 09/10/09 06:26 PM
good stuff. Im gonna buy this game when Patch 2 drops for sure.

# 151 SGMRock @ 09/10/09 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
good stuff. Im gonna buy this game when Patch 2 drops for sure.
I don't think its that broken, patch 1 will be enough to get you going good with some slider adjustments.

# 152 thegoons21 @ 09/10/09 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam914
In the other thread about Franchise stat updates Josh said he was not sure yet and would let us know as soon as he finds out.
Thanks. You saved me a lot of reading.

I'm having fun with the game as-is but really hate starting a franchise over when patches/rosters come out.

# 153 canes2008 @ 09/10/09 07:54 PM
I hope patch #1 drops soon so I can start my franchise

# 154 SoxFan01605 @ 09/10/09 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes2008
I hope patch #1 drops soon so I can start my franchise
None of the patch 1 fixes are going to make much difference to franchise, I don't think. Most of those will come in patch 2.

# 155 countryboy @ 09/11/09 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddelMeThis22
So all of this is going to be in the first patch?

• Added Super Bowl and Playoff Field conditions for Online Franchise
  • Fixed False Start Grieving issues with Online games
  • Fixed video player issue where video would hang on latent connections
  • Improved uploaded highlight quality
  • Switched ranked online games to 7 min Q's
  • Fixed random stability issues
  • Added Broadcast Cam!
Gameplay Specific fixes:
  • Tuned slider effectiveness (Run blocking and broken tackles esp.)
  • Changes run blocking slider to not effect special teams
  • Made fatigue effect ratings more
  • Fixed WR release to where receivers release to both sides
  • Fixed incorrect spotting on punts out of bounds
  • Reduced/removed holding on kicking plays
  • Improved toe drag catch logic
  • Improved pursuit angles for outside running plays
  • Fixed defenders in pursuit running away from O-Line
  • Better play recognition in man coverage
  • Fixed double pass online exploit
Yes

# 156 LionsFanNJ @ 09/11/09 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddelMeThis22
So all of this is going to be in the first patch?

• Added Super Bowl and Playoff Field conditions for Online Franchise
  • Fixed False Start Grieving issues with Online games
  • Fixed video player issue where video would hang on latent connections
  • Improved uploaded highlight quality
  • Switched ranked online games to 7 min Q's
  • Fixed random stability issues
  • Added Broadcast Cam!
Gameplay Specific fixes:
  • Tuned slider effectiveness (Run blocking and broken tackles esp.)
  • Changes run blocking slider to not effect special teams
  • Made fatigue effect ratings more
  • Fixed WR release to where receivers release to both sides
  • Fixed incorrect spotting on punts out of bounds
  • Reduced/removed holding on kicking plays
  • Improved toe drag catch logic
  • Improved pursuit angles for outside running plays
  • Fixed defenders in pursuit running away from O-Line
  • Better play recognition in man coverage
  • Fixed double pass online exploit
Yes

# 157 NINERZ#1FAN @ 09/11/09 03:13 PM
Has anything been said about the cpu missing so many fg's ? I played a game and vinatieri missed 3 fg's in a row.. 2 from inside 35 yds. and 1 from about 45.

This wasn't a 1 game deal either, the cpu is missing a crazy amount of easy fg's when i play.

# 158 billharris44 @ 09/11/09 04:14 PM
Has Ian mentioned anything about improving the A.I. in the last few minutes of the half/game? When the CPU is ahead, they are far more conservative at the end of the first half than in the NFL, even letting the clock run out when they're only 25 yards or so away from field goal range. They're much more passive then they should be. And in the second half, it seems like they're not running the play clock down close to zero until less than two minutes remain.

# 159 raguel @ 09/11/09 04:24 PM
I didn't see anything in the FAQs about the cpu's over use of blitzing/all out blitzing. I hope they can tune this down as well.

# 160 lendog691 @ 09/11/09 05:14 PM
A few to add to patch 2 , longer times to set up your def as they hike the ball to fast , same for extra points and fg's. Also how do we rush the passer and what are the different moves you can use? Other wise with all the fixes in patch 1 i think there pretty close to fixing everything they possible can.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.